Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Superhotel Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Mario in the Future in a Business Suit with his Hair Dyed Orange and a Tie On

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Silver Snail posted:

Mario in the Future in a Business Suit with his Hair Dyed Orange and a Tie On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ
Woooooop!

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Inzombiac posted:

Waluigi in Fatal Frame

So those circles under his eyes are because the poo poo he’s seen has made him an insomniac? I dig it.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Octorock dad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Turpitude posted:

American McGee's Mother

Wikipedia posted:

McGee had a number of stepfathers when growing up until his mother finally settled into a relationship with a transgender woman. When McGee was sixteen, he came home from school to find his house empty and abandoned; the only things left were his bed, his books, his clothes and his Commodore 64 computer. His mother had sold the house to pay for two plane tickets and the fee for her girlfriend's sex reassignment surgery, leaving him on his own. He packed up his computer, dropped out of high school and took a variety of odd jobs, finally settling on a Volkswagen repair shop.

That's one hell of a mother!!!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Mario Golf Story
Supposedly the new president of Nintendo really likes Golf Story, so...

Given the recent discussion, this is relevant: Kotaku: No, Cuphead On Switch Won't Be Any Easier

Cuphead Co-Director Jared Moldenhauer posted:

Some people wondered if we were going to tweak the balance or really adjust things, and I don’t see that as being fair ... We wanted to let the next wave of gamers experience it exactly how we intended to make it.

Some patterns and some things became too complicated that you couldn’t tone down the variables to make that playable [in Easy Mode]. Essentially, you would be playing nothing... or, there was no joy in it. We tried to reduce it down to what could be easier, yet still a challenge.

The end result, where people are a little upset that you can’t beat the game is ... an homage to the era, that there were just a ton of our favourite games as kids where you’d beat the game on Easy... and it would just be like, "now try it on Normal." Another aspect to that is, once you’ve built that skill set, going back and seeing more and putting your skills to use, I never had a problem as a kid.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
on one hand i can appreciate and respect that perspective but otoh a lot of the titles that did that were straight kusoge

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The White Dragon posted:

on one hand i can appreciate and respect that perspective but otoh a lot of the titles that did that were straight kusoge

Good thing Cuphead is more like a Contra and less like a Silver Surfer with the challenge.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I grabbed Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon for 7 bucks and it has been awesome so far. Feels a lot like a fan edit for Castlevania 3, which... is actually a compliment. They nailed the feel.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Splatoon multiplayer only?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Guacamelee but you're Princess Daisy beating poo poo up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Splatoon multiplayer only?

No. There’s a single player campaign and another DLC single player campaign. The game isn’t worth it though if you plan on only playing those imo. Everything centers on the multiplayer.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gone Home but it's... Wario figuring out that ... Jigglypuff is ... poly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

She's a spherical egotistical bad-tempered musician, was there ever any doubt

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Gone Home but it's... Wario figuring out that ... Jigglypuff is ... A pokemon.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

No. There’s a single player campaign and another DLC single player campaign. The game isn’t worth it though if you plan on only playing those imo. Everything centers on the multiplayer.

My Internet is too garbage for online gaming but I got Splatoon 2 anyway for the single player campaign and loved it. Multiplayer will be where most people spend most of their time but the single player is as well fleshed out as any console shooter.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Poyo Poyo is You
Papers, Mario
Getting Over It with Waluigi

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Single Player in Splatoon 2, unless the DLC is different, is nothing like most console shooters. Each stage is more an obstacle course and you are intended to speed run them multiple times using a different single primary weapon. Its possibly one of the least helpful single player to multiplayer transitions in shooter games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ada posted:

Papers, Mario

You play a toad border guard and have to check IDs to keep Bowser's minions from sneaking into the Mushroom Kingdom

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Splat single player teaches you movement and every weapons' strengths and weaknesses. It teaches you much more helpful things than a bunch of bot matches would. If you didn't find it helpful you're not focusing on the right things in multiplayer.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
And then the DLC campaign is the best in video games

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The single player campaigns are basically meant to be the tutorial environments where a player can get used to the controls and weapons.

DLC is considerably different and ramps up the difficulty. Most levels are bite sized challenges with completely different objectives than "reach the goal." And you actually play levels where you have to play the ranked modes and such in there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Splat single player teaches you movement and every weapons' strengths and weaknesses. It teaches you much more helpful things than a bunch of bot matches would. If you didn't find it helpful you're not focusing on the right things in multiplayer.

Bot matches arent great either. Its more that being great at splatoon singleplayer doesnt make you great at splatoon multiplayer since they function on nearly opposite goals.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 23, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's possible to teach players basic mechanics and get them up to speed while also having a really fun campaign. Titanfall 2 has one if the best campaigns I've played this generation and after I finished it I jumped right into the multiplayer and was doing all the same parkour and robot tricks the campaign taught me. It's so great.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Splatoon's singleplayer is its own thing, and Splatoon 2's default story mode definitely drags on. Octo Expansion is crazy good though.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol i finally bought baba is you and I've just been hollering "how DARE you [let that be a winning condition :argh:]" at the screen when i finish these levels

this game rules

i bought it alongside block-a-pix deluxe which is also a charm, imo

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Im loving Splatoon so far. There’s a lot more there than I expected. And I’m getting better at gyro aiming. How much is the DLC and does it go on sale?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Im loving Splatoon so far. There’s a lot more there than I expected. And I’m getting better at gyro aiming. How much is the DLC and does it go on sale?

Is it on sale right now? I know the main game is.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hadji murad posted:

nintendo games are Good so generally don't go on sale, because whatever they cost they're probably 10 times better than EA's on sale shlock hack trash yearly release

imo, for getting better at gyro: press whatever button you need to press while visiting the splat weapon dealer to "try out" or whatever other language gets to the target practice stage

then, while feeling out what feels best, change controller settings while most comfortably splatting out the moving targets the fastest possible

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Gone Home, but it's just Luigi's Mansion with no ghosts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whats Block a Pix deluxe? Is it to Pic a Pix as 3D picross is to Picross?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

My Internet is too garbage for online gaming but I got Splatoon 2 anyway for the single player campaign and loved it. Multiplayer will be where most people spend most of their time but the single player is as well fleshed out as any console shooter.

You're not wrong, but if you're buying new, you're paying 80 bucks for a fine campaign and a surely amazing DLC. But still 80 bucks for what doesn't really total to a long experience is not worth it. If you can get Splatoon 2 for 40 or less, then 60 euro for the whole deal is probably more reasonable, if expensive, but better than the 80 total for missing the meat of the game.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Splatoon makes me happy in a very specific way that others games don't. It's like a childhood 90s Saturday morning nicktoons vibe. Very cool

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan_Shore posted:

Splatoon makes me happy in a very specific way that others games don't. It's like a childhood 90s Saturday morning nicktoons vibe. Very cool

The single-player music is taken straight from Rugrats and I refuse to believe otherwise :colbert: (And I mean that in the best way possible).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Splatoon's pretty fun, and the goon Discord is full of friendly helpful folks who will absolutely shred you, but in a nice way?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I bought Necrodancer at full price on impulse without thinking so now it'll go on sale tomorrow.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Whats Block a Pix deluxe? Is it to Pic a Pix as 3D picross is to Picross?

Seems a different type of puzzle but with the same style presentation.

There's a demo available, I may try it later.

e: This should explain the general idea.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 23, 2019

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Please just give Way Forward or Yacht Club a crack at a new Wario Land, it’s been a decade.

Premise: Wario hears that there’s money in Indie Platformers. So he invades multiple indie games and steals the coins and gems from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Seems a different type of puzzle but with the same style presentation.

There's a demo available, I may try it later.

e: This should explain the general idea.

Oh yeah I've played that on 3ds or some version of it, it's pretty easy but good diversion