Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

is this beer untouchably good

it's the best marzen on the planet imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So I somehow missed nitro becoming a “thing”. I tried Karben’s Nitro IPA and Epic’s Son of a Baptist Nitro Stout and it only really seemed like it had no aftertaste.

What am I missing here?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

So I somehow missed nitro becoming a “thing”. I tried Karben’s Nitro IPA and Epic’s Son of a Baptist Nitro Stout and it only really seemed like it had no aftertaste.

What am I missing here?

nothing. the beers are creamier/smoother but they lose some flavor. it seems to work best with stouts (and even then just as a hmm that’s different/neat) or maybe if you don’t like ipas you might be able to enjoy a nitro ipa, i don’t know. i hate nitro ipas personally because i am drinking the beer for the hops.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

nitro really only works for darker, heavier beers IMO. anything else is gross.

also make sure your pour it correctly. just fully invert the bottle/can straight over a glass, let 'er rip.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SO DEMANDING posted:

nitro really only works for darker, heavier beers IMO. anything else is gross.

also make sure your pour it correctly. just fully invert the bottle/can straight over a glass, let 'er rip.

I was out with my dad for lunch (the joys of funemployment and retirement, respectively) and it was a place with 53 taps so I don't think it was bottled?

I like a hoppy IPA as much as any other beer but only if it's not one of those :jerkbag: ones that use hops like fratbois use hotsauce (to obscure rather than to enhance). Same thing with stouts throwing sweetness in to mask having no depth, IMO?

E: I was the funemployed one, not my dad. He's the retired one.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 9, 2019

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

I was out with my dad for lunch (the joys of retirement and funemployment, respectively) and it was a place with 53 taps so I don't think it was bottled?

I like a hoppy IPA as much as any other beer but only if it's not one of those :jerkbag: ones that use hops like fratbois use hotsauce (to obscure rather than to enhance). Same thing with stouts throwing sweetness in to mask having no depth, IMO?

yeah this is the correct opinion other than a few eXTReMe BeeRs that a fun for novelty.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
asked for woodford neat at a concert and got a small cup full (maybe 8 ozs or more). it was a good concert.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Radio Nowhere posted:

asked for woodford neat at a concert and got a small cup full (maybe 8 ozs or more). it was a good concert.
was it, like, the symphony, cos thats the only kind of concert i could order a woodford at and not feel douchey

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

was it, like, the symphony, cos thats the only kind of concert i could order a woodford at and not feel douchey

oddly this place had Jim Beam/Jack Daniels then Woodford .... all for the same price. for the healthy pour I have no regrets. they did have kentucky gentleman, did not ask the price on that.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1104506991089606656

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
a couple of crispy peroni

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Radio Nowhere posted:

oddly this place had Jim Beam/Jack Daniels then Woodford .... all for the same price. for the healthy pour I have no regrets. they did have kentucky gentleman, did not ask the price on that.
oh thats weird, under those circumstances id get teh woodford too yeah

ran out of laphroaig so havin some courvoisier

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
the balvenie doublewood 12

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Didn't drink for a couple days, gonna have de Scotch tonite

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

made a chavela with secret aardvark and it is about 10x hotter than i was going for.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

welp need to drink a second beer to ease the pain of that one

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
whisky & wine

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

blood marys to start the day, a nice white wine i bought two years ago to finish

last night i had my second gin mixed drink in two weeks and i kind of liked it and now im questioning my opinions on gin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
good gins are real good

bad gins are just juniper vodka

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i mostly like gin in a gin and tonic with a lot of lime so even rotgut gin works but yeah, there are some nice gins out there. st. george has a good lineup if you're interested.

havin' a whisky highball

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
drinking anchor steam to celebrate their union

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
put this gin 1:1 with tonic and a slice of orange
https://sipsmith.com/product/sloe-gin/

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

eschaton posted:

:cheers:

Kilometres Davis posted:

put this gin 1:1 with tonic and a slice of orange
https://sipsmith.com/product/sloe-gin/

just reminded me that i actually have a bottle of sloe gin squirreled away that i haven't touched in ages. never tried it in a gin and tonic (and never had a g&t with orange), definitely gonna try that out!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

:yossame:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

grocer had a bunch of mint the size of my head for a dollar and it’s like 70 degrees in sf right now which is practically summer so it’s time for mint juleps :woop:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

had a beer on a patio. that summer feeling is almost here again.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

not into most bent water brewing stuff, but the double thunder funk? you fuckin betcha

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

not into most bent water brewing stuff, but the double thunder funk? you fuckin betcha

i had their jolene porter tonight. it's not too heavy for a dark beer, and something like that can be pretty hard to find. shame its seasonal.

like every brewery they make too many IPAs but i appreciate them for making some solid, ordinary beers that are decently priced and sold in 6 packs of 12oz cans. none of this >$12 for a 4-pack of pints bullshit.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yeah so Godspeed Brewery is super good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a local brewerys winter stout tonight and it was very hearty a super smooth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

somehow i always try to go to a bar or brewery and just have a drink but make friends with nice people and leave with new folks to bump into later

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Sonoma county brewing co shatter cone ipa

And weed :420:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drinking before tabs is a poo poo load of fun but if you try to start once the tab has kicked in ya just can’t imo therefore beer before blotter never better blotter before beer likely
bogus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

what

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
yesterday, i was made aware that there are people that mix beer with sparkling water. this is apparently a real thing, not just a weird thing one person does.

what the gently caress. how is this even legal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

yesterday, i was made aware that there are people that mix beer with sparkling water. this is apparently a real thing, not just a weird thing one person does.

what the gently caress. how is this even legal

one time i was so drunk i tried to order a gin and tonic but said gin and coke and the bartender didn’t question it because apparently it’s a real drink in russia?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it was bad

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn