Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

latinotwink1997 posted:

Was there ever a reason given why the time wraiths don’t come after Nora? They come after them when they go back to get some evil Barry armor pieces, but then nothing. She’s literally constantly changing things.

Obviously Thawne taught her how to avoid them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They only come at you for messing with the past, Nora is messing up the present. :downs:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Oh, I know. He still teamed up with literal Nazis. And I think it'd be funny if he passed off his diary to Nora while in full Nazi costume, like "Hey I know what this looks like but trust me..."
Yes, but he only did it to trigger The Libs The Flash.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

Obviously Thawne taught her how to avoid them.

Honestly I could buy this. I mean remember that Thawne spent years incognito as the first Wells with no time wraiths on his rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Honestly I could buy this. I mean remember that Thawne spent years incognito as the first Wells with no time wraiths on his rear end.
Or maybe it just means that was the point in time Wells truly needed to be #FlashTruth

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Barry you goddamn idiot. If your daughter is obviously distressed about working with Thawne maybe ask her what the hell is going on before you throw her in No Lunch Supermax and wander off.

Father of the year material here

Avalerion posted:

I’m kind if curious if Nora’s Thawn might not be the bad guy for once. At least he seemed genuinelly surprised at another Cicada showing up so maybe things really did not go according to his plan, whatever it was.

He outright stated it in one episode. He's about to die for reals and being the egomaniac he is he doesn't want his legacy to be that of an idiot murdery villain that got dunked on by both Barry Allen and the Time Idiots.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I reckon they're lifting a plot point from the older Justice Society comics. The original Hourman (no time powers, could just become superhuman for an hour) died battling a rogue crossover event, but got plucked out of the timestream mere minutes before that happened to spend one relative hour (sensing a theme here) in a pocket dimension before having to return to his fate. His son (the second Hourman) could come visit him for advice but was limited by that time constraint. No sense showing up for a prolonged game of catch when pop's gotta go get his head punched off by the personification of 90s extreme at the end of it.

Thawne is not only clearly imprisoned, but there's a very visible timer on display. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on it being a countdown to his execution for all those crimes he did, and now suddenly he's gotta make things right. Nora might be spending days, even weeks between visits back to the future but she's been returning to the same place and time. It's possible that from Thawne's perspective she's gone for only a couple of second each time.

In the comics, the original Hourman managed to win a get-out-of-death-free card when the third Hourman (a robot from the future, don't ask) took his place. Again, not a betting man, but Thawne swapping places with Barry so that Barry can be executed as Thawne for the murder of his own mother? That's the kind of hokey heel turn I can see coming.

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 22, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That last scene was real real bad and they may have lost me as a viewer.

I mean I know TVIV cares sooooooo much about that :rolleyes: but still, our brave hero callously leaving his obviously distressed daughter sobbing on a cell floor is beyond gross.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Did they ever actually objectively confirm that she was even their real daughter? She could have been lying about that just like she's been lying about why she's in the past and what she's even been up to for reals this whole time as far as anyone knows. Remember when Barry needed his Thawne's help and he guessed Nora's name wrong?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

That last scene was real real bad and they may have lost me as a viewer.

I mean I know TVIV cares sooooooo much about that :rolleyes: but still, our brave hero callously leaving his obviously distressed daughter sobbing on a cell floor is beyond gross.
I didn't see Cisco do that though?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't see Cisco do that though?

:hmmyes:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pile of brown posted:

Did they ever actually objectively confirm that she was even their real daughter? She could have been lying about that just like she's been lying about why she's in the past and what she's even been up to for reals this whole time as far as anyone knows. Remember when Barry needed his Thawne's help and he guessed Nora's name wrong?

I think so? I definitely remember they did the highly scientific test of pointing out her lightning trail looked like a mix of Barry and Iris' from that one episode where she got powers.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I don't think that part was a lie, she's suitably emotional about everything and she keeps up the "act" even when talking to Thawne and when her parents aren't with her.

If it turns out all the character moments have been worthless and she's just another crazy person loving with the Flash a la Zoom, then fire the writing staff into the sun please.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Nora's definitely their daughter, I think the questions we have now are "why exactly did she come back in time" and "how much of her life has been directed by Reverse Flash".

There's also a small part of my brain that thinks maybe she was powerless until Thawne helped her out, which would explain why she trusts him so much and possibly his "little runner" nickname for her.

Something kind of cool from the last episode, because I'm a huge nerd I paused the episode when her diary was shown. It's a lot of cool little stuff - apparently board games don't exist any more in her future, Game of Thrones is still going on, video games have made huge advancements into AR stuff, and she's crushing HARD on Spin and trying to justify it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

Nora's definitely their daughter, I think the questions we have now are "why exactly did she come back in time" and "how much of her life has been directed by Reverse Flash".

There's also a small part of my brain that thinks maybe she was powerless until Thawne helped her out, which would explain why she trusts him so much and possibly his "little runner" nickname for her.

Something kind of cool from the last episode, because I'm a huge nerd I paused the episode when her diary was shown. It's a lot of cool little stuff - apparently board games don't exist any more in her future, Game of Thrones is still going on, video games have made huge advancements into AR stuff, and she's crushing HARD on Spin and trying to justify it.

Most importantly, there's a great chicken plague in 2023 that apparently sends Chipotle out of business we need to get ready for...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 22, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phenotype posted:

If it turns out all the character moments have been worthless and she's just another crazy person loving with the Flash a la Zoom, then fire the writing staff into the sun please.

actually do this anyway

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It'd be kind of neat if the story was Thawne had tricked Nora into going into the past so she'd inadvertently erased all evidence of his crimes, so he wouldn't be convicted in the future.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Wouldn't he have had to send her back to before he's committed 20 years of crimes for that to work? Time travel speed force whatever.

Although I guess Nora didn't know about nora

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
From the earlier scene where he names off alternate children of the Flash, I think Thawnes trying to wipe her out of history.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

pile of brown posted:

Wouldn't he have had to send her back to before he's committed 20 years of crimes for that to work? Time travel speed force whatever.

Although I guess Nora didn't know about nora

Unless it somehow implicates Cicada (or better yet, Barry) for Thawne's crimes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Barry isn't even getting held accountable for Barry's crimes, Thawne knows that's a non-starter.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Are you saying that in a show that regularly deals with metas with the mindset of basically killing/murdering them with NO trial whatsoever, and in the future where a criminal finally gets put to execution might actually get off by having the hero's child go back in time and stack all the evidence against the hero?

Boy, talk about ironic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

Are you saying that in a show that regularly deals with metas with the mindset of basically killing/murdering them with NO trial whatsoever, and in the future where a criminal finally gets put to execution might actually get off by having the hero's child go back in time and stack all the evidence against the hero?

Boy, talk about ironic

SPEED FORCE!!!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Thawn approaches Nora with a plan for her to go back in time to help Barry, but he knows anyone sharing Barry's DNA is a complete moron so every time he tries to get her to help she's actually loving things up, thereby ensuring time changes for his benefit, not Barry's.

Classic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pile of brown posted:

Wouldn't he have had to send her back to before he's committed 20 years of crimes for that to work?
Apparently not, because Nora's time travel already somehow changed events that happened before she arrived.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What has she changed? I don't remember this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

What has she changed? I don't remember this.

I believe the only significant change is that her punching the satellite with Barry in the season 4 finale altered the debris trajectory so that Dwyer became Cicada instead of the guy who became him on every other earth (that Sherloque visited).

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
He was asking what events she changed that happened before her arrival and other than the episode where she and Barry time traveled to get the macguffins idk what else she's changed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I can't remember exactly but I think maybe it was some meta who was a different person in her timeline? There was definitely an episode where they realised something had been changed and blamed her even though it happened before she arrived.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I can't remember exactly but I think maybe it was some meta who was a different person in her timeline? There was definitely an episode where they realised something had been changed and blamed her even though it happened before she arrived.

Considering what show this is, I'm not surprised.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Even though it happened before she arrived, it was her time travel itself that caused the ripples that changed the past. They confirmed that in an episode in the last couple months, time travel changes a bunch of poo poo that isn't always direct cause and effect from the stuff you personally do in the past. That's how Barry managed to change the sex of Diggle's baby a couple seasons ago.

In the first few episodes they decided that for basically no reason it would be okay to keep Nora around and it wouldn't hurt anything, but the ripples from the time travel she'd already done had already made some things different.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 23, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw it explained like the Kelvin Trek stuff, the ripples sometimes travel both ways.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

I saw it explained like the Kelvin Trek stuff, the ripples sometimes travel both ways.

I think it’s more Thawne actually knows what he’s doing HE’S THE ONLY SPEEDSTER THAT KNOWS WHAT HES DOING and has been Nora’s tutor for a while now, so she can get away with making subtle changes to the timeline instead of completely loving everything up.

I really hope we get a moment where Barry zips to the future to yell at Thawne and he’s like “dude you put your DAUGHTER in a CAGE what the gently caress” for a Barry is the Real Monster moment. (They won’t)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Locking Nora up is the right choice, she an accomplice to a known serial killer. And Eobard Thawne.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Even though it happened before she arrived, it was her time travel itself that caused the ripples that changed the past. They confirmed that in an episode in the last couple months, time travel changes a bunch of poo poo that isn't always direct cause and effect from the stuff you personally do in the past. That's how Barry managed to change the sex of Diggle's baby a couple seasons ago.

In the first few episodes they decided that for basically no reason it would be okay to keep Nora around and it wouldn't hurt anything, but the ripples from the time travel she'd already done had already made some things different.

I know they mentioned that kind of stuff with Flashpoint and all, but I literally cannot remember a single time they mentioned Nora doing it. Everything she changed that I remember was the direct result of punching the satellite, and flowed forwards not backwards in time.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Barry's going to be pinning the whole Flashpoint thing on her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

Barry's going to be pinning the whole Flashpoint thing on her.
Barry tries it, then in a dramatic twist his dead mother comes back to say "No, your honor. It was not his daughter. It. Was. My. SON!"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Barry tries it, then in a dramatic twist his dead mother comes back to say "No, your honor. It was not his daughter. It. Was. My. SON!"

"I've killed you more than once, lady, and I can do it again!"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

twistedmentat posted:

What is with all the Spider-Man references recently?

It’s not just «lately». References to comic book characters in the DC CW shows have usually been Marvel characters. It makes sense, because Superman/Batman/Supergirl/Batgirl/Green Arrow/Flash/Black Canary/Hellblazer and any other DC characters that may appear in the future are real, so the fictional comic book universe in the DC TV-verse is the Marvel-universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Also Stan Lee died pretty recently.