Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/1109303739741925378

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREME WAITING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SoftNum posted:

How much do they think golf costs?

I hear legatus packs for golfing cost quite a bit.

Funny how they immediately pick a relatively expensive hobby to compare to rather than something like football or whatever.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

What is he trying to show here? I don't understand how the picture ties into the text. idgaf if he wants to drink monster but why do I care.

Agony Aunt posted:

I hear legatus packs for golfing cost quite a bit.

Funny how they immediately pick a relatively expensive hobby to compare to rather than something like football or whatever.

I don't think Golf is that expensive? Like that desk would get you a pretty good set of clubs. Plays are just not that expensive.

like a legatus pack would likely last you at least 10 years of golf entertainment....

EDIT: vvv lol I didn't notice it wasn't Monster. I wonder if that IS the angle.....

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 23, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SoftNum posted:

What is he trying to show here? I don't understand how the picture ties into the text. idgaf if he wants to drink monster but why do I care.

Well, he's obviously preparing to be sponsored by an alternate energy drink provider so he can compete with Rex.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, I hesitate to make this joke because it leads to a dark, dark place, but of course he drinks loving Rockstar lmao

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
all of the tweets and reddit posts people link have a tiny amount of upvotes and comments on them

i guess the citizens just don't quite comprehend what it means when media posts about their megahit space MMO that will change the world get no attention from anyone

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

SelenicMartian posted:

I've missed the last 10122 posts.

Is it coming out?
Is the case vs Crytek moving along?
Is Sandi still an evil witch?
Is Derek Smart?

When't the next live fake footage humiliation session?
Any new :pgabz: videos?

1. It's already out, it's good, and we all play it
2. The whole thing was discovered to be one big misunderstanding and dropped. Crytek and CI!G are super best friends now and are collaborating on the development of the BDSSE
3. Sandi turned out to be a really nice and sweet person who is a fantastic actress. She only looked bad before because George Lucas wrote all her dialogue.
4. Derek Smart turned out to be a false flag operation to own the goons. In a master stroke of playing 4d chess, Chris and Derek, who are actually close friends, devised a plan to get all goons to refund so that we would never be able to ruin SC like we ruined Eve. We all took the bait and we are all super salty that we will never experience PC gaming nirvana.
5. It turns out that every piece of footage ever shown was totally real and made using the internal dev Jesus build that existed all along but couldn't be shown until every last goon was purged from the project. Also it was held back because Chris is a perfectionist and there were blue pixels that needed changing to green.
6. Pgabz was a Derek Smart alt all along meant to convince goons that SC was bad so we wouldn't want to play it.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 23, 2019

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Cuntpunch posted:

Like, it is a cool desk and all but...not at that sort of price - holy poo poo.

"removed, thought it was measured in inches, not mm"

stingtwo fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 23, 2019

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

Hey remember how, the other day, I posted that video of the fleshlight commercial with the big penis ship and then pretended it was going to be part of Star Citizen?

Well

uh

Wow.

It's a peniscraft. I hope this is the pleasure model.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Guys. Y'all should feel ashamed for this.

:(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I'm glad Chris Roberts invented "Blade Runner/Fifth Element" type cities and visuals for the modern age. I'm sure whoever built that was definitely thinking about being up to snuff with the high standards of Star Citizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I just wonder which lucky Citizen will name their ship after me. :)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Man, I hesitate to make this joke because it leads to a dark, dark place, but of course he drinks loving Rockstar lmao

What's bad about Rockstar?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Shots fired at the Red Bull guy Rexzilla. It's a stream-off!

May the guy with the longest stream and most bots guzzling down that stream simultaneously win!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey now, that’s the nectar of the gods.

The entire US military runs on energy drinks and self-loathing.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

Shots fired at the Red Bull guy Rexzilla. It's a stream-off!

May the guy with the longest stream and most bots guzzling down that stream simultaneously win!

It’s a corporate sponsored race to kidney failure!

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Beet Wagon posted:

That is exactly the kind of carpet I thought someone who would buy a spaceship desk would have, nice work.

Grubby-rear end carpet, disturbingly ugly walls. Spends 2200 pounds on a computer desk.

It writes itself.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Its taste is very seductive plus it's a real pick up for artists

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/QLNt3CV.mp4

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Rockstar Punched

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

someone did it, they bought a space desk

look at those plebs...
gotta get this commando:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

God that thing is ugly. But at this point I applaud any enterprising business person who can siphon some money on the side from these rubes.

So are you supposed to put your existing PC in that big plastic box on the one end and let it melt due to the horrible airflow? Or is it a case you're supposed to build a PC into?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Mission gameplay working well: https://streamable.com/cj45t

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Offline Arena Commander ship pew pew: https://streamable.com/tptp7

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

Lagalicious!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

"The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley" is cool and good.

Theranos are pioneers, creating revolutionary technology, never been done before, the Best drat Diagnosis Machine Ever.

Elizabeth Holmes is a genius and visionary

:crobear: :gary:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Quavers posted:

Why does the enemy ship look like a juddering sprite from WC1?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

SelenicMartian posted:

Why does the enemy ship look like a juddering sprite from WC1?

To get SC to run above 30fps they just drastically cut the rendering distance for everything in the game, so you are either constantly assaulted with horrible looking pixelated objects or stuff just pops in out of nowhere. It looks worse than how even Bethesda's ramshackle Creation Engine handles this.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, is the money system still in? With grinding for ships, waiting for one 'to ship' when you lose it and all that?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

colonelwest posted:

So are you supposed to put your existing PC in that big plastic box on the one end and let it melt due to the horrible airflow? Or is it a case you're supposed to build a PC into?

It's the former. But it's OK cause they also give you a couple of fans.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Cuntpunch posted:

Like, it is a cool desk and all but...not at that sort of price - holy poo poo.

What’s up with that pull out counter thing on the front edge? Is that so you can do non-computery things in your hovel that’s too small for a table?

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Rugganovich posted:

Ever tried to draw a non ascii dick before?
I didn't think so.

Don’t mock my life’s work plz.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, is the money system still in? With grinding for ships, waiting for one 'to ship' when you lose it and all that?

Absoloutely. And of course, regular resets, so you can grind for a ship, buy a ship (if ship purchasing is still in?), and then permanently lose it due to the wipe anyway.

You see, this is what separates the men... erm, i mean whales, from the peons.

A peon with only a basic package will only have 1 ship. The ship goes boom, they have to wait for it to be available again. They can expidite it, but that costs credits, and when you are a peon, you probably don't have much in the way of credits.

So you have to play the fidelitous waiting game for your ship, or go mop a whale's dick, erm, deck!

Whales on the other hand, they can summon ships one after another, and not care about them getting blown up too much. They don't even really need to expedite recovery.

Of course, this has nothing to do with pay to win. What is winning anyway?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/qg0nDo6.mp4

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello
  • faceware camera continues to face delays, might be canceled outright
  • supposedly CIG created a wing of the company to handle manufacturing and distribution of the camera
  • faceware engineers helped create the code for the first big reveal
  • 12+ months of continued support on their end when they were supposed to help for six
  • some contention over payments due 3lateral / faceware (same company btw)
  • friction over potential losses if camera is canceled with new owners (epic bought 3lat earlier this year)
  • losses / lost payments total "tens of millions"
  • would have to sell "many units" to break even on camera
  • "low priority" for CIG and Epic, as numbers of potential sales look low / dire
  • "It was a passing fad used as a content patch. No one here thinks it's still happening."
  • if there's no agreement met with current issues, 3lat can stop any and all mocap footage using their rigs / technology from appearing in SC

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • supposedly CIG created a wing of the company to handle manufacturing and distribution of the camera
  • 12+ months of continued support on their end when they were supposed to help for six
  • friction over potential losses if camera is canceled with new owners (epic bought 3lat earlier this year)
  • "low priority" for CIG and Epic, as numbers of potential sales look low / dire
  • "It was a passing fad used as a content patch. No one here thinks it's still happening."
  • if there's no agreement met with current issues, 3lat can stop any and all mocap footage using their rigs / technology from appearing in SC

lol

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello

:five: