Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I was always a big fan of.... *checks notes* Enrique Bernoldi, who's highlight was being accused of running up the back of Montoya, who was looking like winning his first F1 races for Williams. Turned out it was his team mate, who from memory was Jos The Boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eliseo Salazar

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't Salazar the one Our Nelson punched in the helmet

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn't Salazar the one Our Nelson punched in the helmet

Yes.

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The truth never set me free so I'll do it myself.
Bernoldi was best known for holding up Coulthard for a big chunk of the Monaco Grand Prix. Come on, get your mediocre midfield pay drivers straight.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Competed in one Grand Prix for a backmarker team and led the race. Markus Winkelhock ultimate pay driver

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Smirk posted:

Bernoldi was best known for holding up Coulthard for a big chunk of the Monaco Grand Prix. Come on, get your mediocre midfield pay drivers straight.

That was hilarious.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jean-Louis Schlesser 

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

What do you guys think Christijan Albers is doing right now

Cooking up more money laundering schemes with his boy Colin “Crimes” Kolles or spending some time with his backmarker buddy Toranasuke “Sucky Sucky” Takagi.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Jean-Louis Schlesser 

Good Dakar guy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNJc22MAb8

i really like this song

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
:vince:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my name isnt max

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Formula E continues to be a sport for has-been drivers.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Smirk posted:

Oh poo poo, that was Bernoldi? I remember being so pissed off when once again the launch control on DCs McLaren failed on the parade lap putting him from Pole back to last.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EoRaptor posted:

If only we could relegate has-been posters to it too.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

I’ll see you there!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

EoRaptor posted:

But Stoffel would need to have been something before to be a has-been now.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sulphagnist posted:

But Stoffel would need to have been something before to be a has-been now.

Don’t doxx yourself

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

when are you making the thread?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm pretty rattled that motorsport.com has seemingly gone 100% balls deep into making everything a god drat video now. So instead of a 3 to 5 minute read it's now like a 12 minute video for every loving thing gently caress you ZKA BRONW gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm pretty rattled that motorsport.com has seemingly gone 100% balls deep into making everything a god drat video now. So instead of a 3 to 5 minute read it's now like a 12 minute video for every loving thing gently caress you ZKA BRONW gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!

I can't remember the last time I saw a video on Motorsport. There's literally one on the front page right now and it's an illustration of how F1 wings work.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw a video on Motorsport. There's literally one on the front page right now and it's an illustration of how F1 wings work.

That's not what I'm referring to. I have Motorsport on my RSS and half the poo poo is now analysis that used to be articles but now it's the 2 guys and that 1 massive tub of pure lard talking about it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/video/who-is-winning-f1s-teammate-wars-after-australia/441914/

what is this poo poo. Zak, why

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I paid for an Autosport subscription.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

this gave me a hearty lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

So did I. Like 10 years ago when it was relevant and not another tentacle in Zak's octopus and monopolization of all motorsport coverage.

Once he buys Motorsport Magazine then it'll be all over and we'll have nothing but 100% fabricated articles about McLaren winning literally every race and how can we ever know it was a lie unless we had actual video eviden--- oh, nevermind, motorsport now publishes purely in doctored videos.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

freeranger posted:

Oh poo poo, that was Bernoldi? I remember being so pissed off when once again the launch control on DCs McLaren failed on the parade lap putting him from Pole back to last.

just lol, poo poo like this reminds me what it was like to be a mclaren fan

they would find all kinds of obscene ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. poo poo like this never happened to any other team, or at least as much

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zak doesn't own or run Motorsport, he's a non-executive chairman and they poo poo on McLaren literally all the time.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Motorsport Magazine: Literal Shitters

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I like Mark Hughes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mark Hughes owns and has good opinions on Ferrari Style Sidepods. Incidentally I have a subscription to Motorsport Magazine

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

Mark Hughes owns and has good opinions on Ferrari Style Sidepods. Incidentally I have a subscription to Motorsport Magazine

I buy it every month.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The only unbiased and non-poo poo reporting on F1 is ITT.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

The only unbiased and non-poo poo reporting on F1 is ITT.

Mercedes owns.
Bottas owns.
Lewis owns, GOAT.

Ferrari owns.
Vettel does not own.
Leclerc owns.

Red Bull does not own.
Verstappen owns.
Gasly does not own.

Haas does not own.
Grosjean owns.
Magnussen owns.

Renault owns.
Hulkenberg owns, GOAT-In-Waiting.
Ricciardo owns.

Alfa Romeo owns.
Raikkonen owns, but not his fans.
Giovinnazzi does not own.

Racing Point owns, but not its name.
Perez owns.
Stroll does not own, WOAT.

Toro Rosso owns.
Kvyat owns.
Albon owns.

McLaren does not own.
Sainz does not own.
Norris owns.

Williams owns, minus Claire.
Kubica owns.
Russell owns.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Just rename this thread, there'd be no one left.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWk_g7EWZjQ

Jesus Christ, Senna

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Senna was so emotional after races because he was physically drained to the point of delusion owing to his poor athletic exercise, in contrast to Our Michael (rip) who was never tired once in his professional career because he trained properly. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Senna was so emotional after races because he was physically drained to the point of delusion owing to his poor athletic exercise, in contrast to Our Michael (rip) who was never tired once in his professional career because he trained properly. Sad.

This is a common misconception, it's actually because Senna was loving the car in addition to driving it. Same thing Lewis does.