Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Just realized I've had the bell demon thing on for the last two bosses lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

Has anyone managed to actually use the spear to strip armor off of enemies? I'm fighting the most armored guy i've ever seen and it's not doing poo poo

no idea. im glad ive been stockpiling the trick arm ammo cuz im blowing through it trying to figure it out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

Just realized I've had the bell demon thing on for the last two bosses lmao

i dont even know what that is

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

i dont even know what that is

covenant of champions type thing i guess. i wondered what the little symbol in the lower left was but i couldnt figure it out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

covenant of champions type thing i guess. i wondered what the little symbol in the lower left was but i couldnt figure it out

huh, i gotta do some more exploring. but thats badass

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol yeah okay now i one shot the bull thats much better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its crazy how much this game starts branching out, theres so much to do..

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

huh, i gotta do some more exploring. but thats badass

If you want a general location hint it's accessible pretty early right after Chained Ogre. It's tucked away pretty good thoygh

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Uggg wildly sweeping emotions during the Ashina fight. This might take a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I found the hirata boss. Very cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a way to deal with the shield guy's other than waiting a million years for them to do a attack. I haven't figured anything out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Is there a way to deal with the shield guy's other than waiting a million years for them to do a attack. I haven't figured anything out

Yeah there's a prosthetic you missed in the estates. Not too far from where you found the flamethrower

edit: oh if you're fighting shield guys you're not on the boss i was talking about . get hype

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i havent fought a boss yet ... but this is bloodborne tier for sure

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Axe their asses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Axe their asses.

I don't have an axe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

you can break their shields with a prosthetic

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I don't have an axe
Go find the axe.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u dont find it ... just ignore them. its like mgs meets bloodborne imo. you dont have to fight nothing you cant handle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm doing some exploring...this game is swag.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

If you want a general location hint it's accessible pretty early right after Chained Ogre. It's tucked away pretty good thoygh

does it have anything to do with the spectral beheaded terror inflicting guy in that area, or is that a separate secret thing? haha because that guy is freaking tough

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

spectral beheaded terror inflicting guy
:stonk:

This game is sick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Found an axe :cheers:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

i havent fought a boss yet ... but this is bloodborne tier for sure

Same. I'm not sure if its bb tier yet though.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

does it have anything to do with the spectral beheaded terror inflicting guy in that area, or is that a separate secret thing? haha because that guy is freaking tough

what.....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Found an axe :cheers:
Nice. It's my favorite arm so far.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Yeah it's right behind him, you don't need to kill him to get past, just dropdown and haul rear end

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

spb posted:

what.....

theres a note that says “We tried to behead the headless! Oh god we were so wrong!” or something near it. get ready to get hosed tho, but... extremely sick to see

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

Yeah it's right behind him, you don't need to kill him to get past, just dropdown and haul rear end

:cheers:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw a loading screen tip that mentioned experiencing psychological terrors and how to combat them but I haven't run into anything yet. Sounds insane.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

spb posted:

Same. I'm not sure if its bb tier yet though.

i knew straight away when i loaded the tutorial .. this is the real poo poo. cos u have a few teams at from soft right .. like ds2 and ds3 werent made by the guys who made bloodborne.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite move in the game is double jumping over a sweep

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw ... i excelled at an insane level in bloodborne .. but im starting totally from scratch here. my death count is in the dozens and ive barely seen anything

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I think my favorite move in the game is double jumping over a sweep
idk if you've learned the one where you step on a thrust attack yet but that one is by far the coolest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omfg getting thrown by the chained guy 40 yards off a cliff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

btw ... i excelled at an insane level in bloodborne .. but im starting totally from scratch here. my death count is in the dozens and ive barely seen anything

Same here except I was just okay at Bloodborne. Just came back after a break and whupped the chained ogre’s rear end

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally getting to play this tonight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beat the shinobi hunter’s rear end... definitely getting the hang of this finally

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

anybody have tips for the lone shadow longswordsman? hes currently loving my rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

anybody have tips for the lone shadow longswordsman? hes currently loving my rear end
Just bumrush him. If you try to play slow he'll corner you and then the camera will gently caress you over. Use firecrackers to stun him if you've got them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The ax is powerful and easy to get