Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Assuming that you're talking a Zodiac Leather (197 dex) your best bet is to use the 1 blue option. The average is 128 attempts, costing over 500 chroms. Do note that this is the average, so you can expect to possibly spend considerably more than that. Chromatics are 10:1c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya I'm trying to get a perfect form with the right colors later tonight. Going to upgrade from my rare.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Probably best to try syndicate vorici craft table

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Zotix posted:

Ya I'm trying to get a perfect form with the right colors later tonight. Going to upgrade from my rare.

I was bane before perfect form and realizing that it would be hard to get more than 3 offcolors, i switched to soulrend and used the crafting bench :)

I guess it all worked out in the end and it was fun until sekiro came out causing me to put the league on hiatus

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Where do I get the 6 socket recipe because I know I'm missing that if I do the 4 off colors first.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Delve, Abyssal City, ilvl >81

The very bottom of the crafting bench menu will tell you what you're missing (besides Veiled mods) and where to get it.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Would someone have a look at this build for me please?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2323815

I'm only on act 8 but I've got to the end of the skill tree right at the end already (mainly due to me having to kill every mob in an area and loving Delve). Where should I be going from the end of the guide?

My completley newbie brain is telling me "storm weaver" isn't a bad one to grab but I'm enjoying this game and don't want to knacker up anything.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Have you loaded it in Path of Building? That might have the rest. Otherwise, maybe just open up one of the Storm Brand builds in the OP and continue on to that.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 23, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vasudus posted:

Assuming that you're talking a Zodiac Leather (197 dex) your best bet is to use the 1 blue option. The average is 128 attempts, costing over 500 chroms. Do note that this is the average, so you can expect to possibly spend considerably more than that. Chromatics are 10:1c.

What about doing the manual coloring if they have a lot of jewelers? Use "three sockets" (3 jewel) and then craft "At least 2 blue and one red" (100 chroms). Four sockets (10), then five sockets (70), and then six sockets (350) going back one # sockets if he happens to roll another non-green -or- just going straight to six assuming all colors are going to be green.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVIL Gibson posted:

What about doing the manual coloring if they have a lot of jewelers? Use "three sockets" (3 jewel) and then craft "At least 2 blue and one red" (100 chroms). Four sockets (10), then five sockets (70), and then six sockets (350) going back one # sockets if he happens to roll another non-green -or- just going straight to six assuming all colors are going to be green.

If the item is unlinked and you need 5 or 6 off then absolutely yeah, do the bench. The example I gave was assuming an already linked item.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

code:
Rarity: Rare
Brood Spur
Shagreen Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 247 (augmented)
--------
Item Level: 77
--------
17% increased Evasion Rating
+87 to maximum Life
+39% to Fire Resistance
+33% to Cold Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed
9% increased Stun and Block Recovery
11% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
+34% to Lightning Resistance (crafted)
i listed this at 10c intially but got flooded with messages so i suspect it's considerably more valuable than that but i'm not sure how much more valuable
having difficulty figuring out how valuable the chance to dodge spell hits is etc

SpruceZeus fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 23, 2019

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone else having this experience? I’ve done like a hundred maps, I’m level 90, and I’m only 4/6 on unlocking the last labyrinth

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone else having this experience? I’ve done like a hundred maps, I’m level 90, and I’m only 4/6 on unlocking the last labyrinth

yeah, literally every league

you are expected to hang out in channels like 820 or 5555 and leech

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

SpruceZeus posted:

code:
Rarity: Rare
Brood Spur
Shagreen Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 247 (augmented)
--------
Item Level: 77
--------
17% increased Evasion Rating
+87 to maximum Life
+39% to Fire Resistance
+33% to Cold Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed
9% increased Stun and Block Recovery
11% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
+34% to Lightning Resistance (crafted)
i listed this at 10c intially but got flooded with messages so i suspect it's considerably more valuable than that but i'm not sure how much more valuable
having difficulty figuring out how valuable the chance to dodge spell hits is etc

That item is considerably more than 10c. Just searching for movespeed = 30, life >80, and resists >100 puts a floor at 1.5ex. Without even factoring in the temple spell dodge. I would try for 2.5ex.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

My personal worst is level 95 for 6/6

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Vasudus posted:

That item is considerably more than 10c. Just searching for movespeed = 30, life >80, and resists >100 puts a floor at 1.5ex. Without even factoring in the temple spell dodge. I would try for 2.5ex.

oh hella. thanks chief

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Draxion posted:

Have you loaded it in Path of Building? That might have the rest. Otherwise, maybe just open up one of the Storm Brand builds in the OP and continue on to that.

The PoB on that build stops at the same please as the guide, it's cool though, I've had a look at a couple of other builds and they all pretty much say that as long as you have MoM and the 2 skills that add an extra brand you can't go far wrong so I'll have a look at any gaps I have and fill out the tree that way.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

The intro to that post has a link to a good early maps build and a good high investment build. I'd progress through those, or at least give them a solid read and PoB from there.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Just FYI guys: if you get the cortex in your nexus, absolutely run it. I've gotten 3 3-fractured items each time, which go for 30c a piece.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Ugh, I hit the league malaise that sets in after killing Uber Elder. Synthesis doesn't have any specifically difficult goals to achieve, just a bunch of time gated stuff. Dunno what to do now. Most likely stop playing for 3 days then start a new build.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Benson Cunningham posted:

Ugh, I hit the league malaise that sets in after killing Uber Elder. Synthesis doesn't have any specifically difficult goals to achieve, just a bunch of time gated stuff. Dunno what to do now. Most likely stop playing for 3 days then start a new build.

sounds like you should try out SSF league since you're clearly skilled enough to make regular content trivial.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How would one go about accessing that currency node in the middle? I've gone completely around aside from the bottom left there, and haven't found an entry.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Possibly from the bottom left :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Has to be the level 1 sulfite node that's a corner, no?

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

That corner one in the lower left is most likely it, though any of the circled spots (except the upper rightmost one on second glance, woops) could technically support a path. All nodes will either have 1, 3 or 4 paths leaving off them, so any node with only two paths has a hidden path, baring some exceptions for stupidly long paths IIRC?, so always check those first, if there is no two path node, check all the three paths. Dead end nodes will never have a hidden path.

Hidden paths also need at least one 'tile' of travel distance before they reach the hidden node, so you can use that to narrow it down as well.

Jawnycat fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 24, 2019

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What’s everyone’s favourite movement skill?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Jay Rust posted:

I like Lightning Warp when I have the right build and the room for it, but since the buff Flame Dash has been my go-to. I've been trying out Phase Run in a CWDT setup this league and I'm liking that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

whirling blades and its not close. I just dumped 100 regrets into respec'ing into CI HOWA Jugg and being able to whirl around at super speed is so satisfying. And it obviates the need for MS on boots which opens up some powerful affordable options.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

whirling blades and its not close. I just dumped 100 regrets into respec'ing into CI HOWA Jugg and being able to whirl around at super speed is so satisfying. And it obviates the need for MS on boots which opens up some powerful affordable options.

I'm using WS and loving it as well. The only downside is that it can't cross gaps like some movement skills can, but otherwise it's awesome.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Leap Slam because I hate not having a gap crosser, or having to spend an extra socket on a gap crosser.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's why I'm team Leap Slam/Flame Dash (Lightning Warp needs >=3L and cast speed investment to feel decent).

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think leap slam needs a lot of attack speed to feel good, so if I have a lot of attack speed, leap slam, otherwise flame dash as a gap crosser and shield charge as a move-around/fortify applicator

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Zotix posted:

How would one go about accessing that currency node in the middle? I've gone completely around aside from the bottom left there, and haven't found an entry.

Almost certainly that L1 Azurite node on the bottom left making a corner with only two paths off it. The exceptions to 2 path nodes are bizarrely long paths where the game needs to stick a waypoint because the zone would be too big otherwise and stuff real close to Niko's initial shaft down.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
boy divine ire has some lacklustre sound design. you charge up this huge gently caress off laser dbz style and it only goes "fwoomp" :flaccid:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

So far my favourite sounds have to be either infernal blow (such a lovely pop) or lancing steel (dps notwithstanding), I love the soft shink followed by the chunky hallway-is-a-blender feel.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Ever since it was made instant cast, phase run. No worries about attack speed or cast speed, and stacking with quicksilver flasks is a big deal. I like a link of phase run, arcane surge, increased duration, efficacy. If you only have three links available, drop efficacy. Having an instant speed activator for arcane surge is nice. Plus phase run is great for delving.

As a bonus, burning frenzy charges to increase the duration of phase run will also increase the duration of the attached arcane surge as well. You can get 20+ second arcane surges with it if you have a lot of charges to burn.

Hit 96 this league. I really want to down uber elder for the first time, but the last patch introduced a bug which is kind of loving me a bit. Fortify linked to cyclone doesn't activate at all any more. They have confirmed it is an actual bug, but it certainly doesn't help me when it comes to not dying.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 24, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Flame Dash with a 20/20 Faster Casting and the Dark Arts cluster has become my new favorite movement skill.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

lalaland posted:

boy divine ire has some lacklustre sound design. you charge up this huge gently caress off laser dbz style and it only goes "fwoomp" :flaccid:

It does an unsatisfying empty-cardboard-tube sound when you pop off with half stacks. Charge up more and you’ll get a better sound.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Really fast flame dash is excellent, but the 3 charges is a bummer.

I used phase run for a hot second and then realized it was eating my frenzy charges and got sad. Also I learned that Arcane Surge doesn't count if you spend ES instead of mana!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
So it has to be the node in the box, right? Since it's the only one with two links that has travel room.

How far into the darkness do I have to go to find the fractured wall to open this up? I've run all the way down the cable lights to the adjacent nodes and can't find poo poo. But I can only go a couple of screens or so into the dark before I have to retreat, so maybe I'm just not going far enough? This is like level 5-7 (I'm not in game right now), and I have two darkness resist upgrades already.