Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm not surprised they didn't make a hulking female/tiny male race because believe it or not the people that would actually play that poo poo are in a tiny minority so why would they aspire to please that group instead of a sure thing that likes buff dudes and sexy women? If you were expecting otherwise that was dumb of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Harrow posted:

Will there be anything this fanfest that shows off any of the battle system changes they've done, or actual gameplay of Gunbreaker or Dancer? That's all I'm really looking forward to at this point.

We got some eensy teensy weeny things last night. Shield oath is getting changed, and both oaths for Paladins are going off GCD, like the Warrior stances I guess. PLD's got big changes in story. Also apparently WHM is getting easier??? (huh?)

Verranicus posted:

Despite you seeing a bunch of them in X I guess maybe you never see one fight, but I could be misremembering. Even though the women are ripped. :shrug:

You never fight one, the only ones you fight are IIRC the two guys who bully Khimahri. You can get some as Blitzball players, though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Verranicus posted:

I'm not surprised they didn't make a hulking female/tiny male race because believe it or not the people that would actually play that poo poo are in a tiny minority so why would they aspire to please that group instead of a sure thing that likes buff dudes and sexy women? If you were expecting otherwise that was dumb of you.

people that will play hrothgar are in a tiny minority so I'm not sure why they made that instead of male viera, which would actually be very popular just based off the fact that people like cat boys, a lot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Yes, that is why the most commonly played male race is male roegadyns.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, that is why the most commonly played male race is male roegadyns.

Sorry, let me correct myself. Buff anime dudes. So hyur/catboys/aura.

EDIT: And yes they may not be buff compared to Roe, but compare them to the average person and yes they're pretty well built

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Why even have male characters at all when everyone is a catgirl or dragon girl?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
it's hosed up that squaresoft would groom me from childhood to love cute boys like

Bartz
Ramza
Cloud
Vaan
Marche
Tiz
Zidane
Noctis
Prompto
9S

and then tell me that bun boys would be weird

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my female highlander warrior is already perfect as she is, no new race will likely ever tempt me to use the 2 fantasia i've been sitting on since 2.0

and they're probably not going to tempt me with any new classes either, i've got my MCH to 68 so far and that will probably be the only alt class i ever bother to level.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Oh man, the last story patch is on Tuesday, right?

That.... is going to be interesting. Since we clearly aren't going to fight Garlemald, how we're going to drop the whole WAR WITH GARLEMALD plot like it's 2.55 hot for the new Shard storyline?

It's a pretty big leap honestly to ask for one half patch to do.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rastan Beeza posted:

That.... is going to be interesting. Since we clearly aren't going to fight Garlemald, how we're going to drop the whole WAR WITH GARLEMALD plot like it's 2.55 hot for the new Shard storyline?

Probably by not dropping it? Like we're getting yanked into the first like our friends and we'll probably just be focusing on that becauseit's a bigger threat.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
we'll get one instance per patch where we play as black mage y'shtola blowing up garleans and by the time we get back the war will be solved

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe after we defeat Elidibus(as shown in the cinematic) a rift is the sky opens up and a bunch of light monsters from the First start pouring through and loving everyone up?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Verranicus posted:

thank you for your valuable input, level-headed straight gamer

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the cat boys are already very gay so theres really no issue there. the real concern is that there isnt a new healer class for the second consecutive expansion pack after they added three dps classes last expansion

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I hope the dwarf primal is Raubahn.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The thing about the viera being ladies-only strikes me less as something that FF14 team decided all on their own and more a general thing that Square wants to enforce across the franchise. Which would make the Hrothgar a case of a trying to make a male option among the new races, which is a well intentioned but ultimately flawed way of solving the problem.

Like, it sucks, but it's not something I'm ready to lay completely at Yoshi-P and the team's feet. They've enforced this for the viera pretty strongly since their introduction, which definitely smacks as a S-E wide mandate for Final Fantasy in general.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Can they really call dwarves a "new" beast tribe if they're technically lalas? :v:

strong bird posted:

the cat boys are already very gay so theres really no issue there. the real concern is that there isnt a new healer class for the second consecutive expansion pack after they added three dps classes last expansion

If you're trying to count BLU as a dps added last expansion you're just asking for a monkey paw situation where the next healer ends up as a limited job. :v:

Pointless wager: Expansion to follow will be 1 Healer 1 Dps. Or just the healer. Either way we're getting Dancer this time around because they know people have been asking for it since the start of SB, it made more sense as RDPS, and dps tend to probably get more mileage in terms of people who play them?

(This isn't to say that not getting a healer for two expansions isn't understandably disappointing.)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

strong bird posted:

everyone should be gay imho

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

for the sake of not constantly shitposting i just think no male viera is pretty lame. it would have been disappointing too if they had existed and were super buff, because i think the dimorphism between male and female au ra is kinda whack and was hoping for something less extreme, but no matter how it would shake out i know for the most part people just really wanted to see bunny boys no matter how they were implemented. catboys are great and only exist because of player feedback, so to see square enix ignore the enormous outpouring of people clearly wanting and excited about the prospect male viera and instead going back to gender locked races is a big let down. here's another cute woman. here's another tough man. a tough woman would be a hard sell, yes -- femroes are the least played race/gender in the game even though that's the only option so it's not like everyone who wants one is spread out across a bunch of different ones. but there's already a bunch of options for strong men and catboys are extremely popular. no male viera is just a big misstep.

on the other side of the coin, basically nobody seems happy about hrothgar existing. look no further than this thread to see people trash talking the ronso and ffx, and roe dudes are also extremely unpopular in game. it's easy to see "we don't get male viera because hrothgar exist" and i don't blame people who think this. i'm sure both each take considerable time to implement, they made a choice, and chose poorly.

i say this both as someone who isn't interested in playing as a viera in the first place and as someone who is actually interested in playing as a hrothgar. i would rather me and the 4 other people who want to be a ronso not have that option and instead the people who have been longing for a male viera since like ffxii get that chance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rastan Beeza posted:

Solus distracts us from defeating Garlemald and Elidibus by throwing us into reverse Kingdom Hearts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Can they really call dwarves a "new" beast tribe if they're technically lalas? :v:

Lalas are monsters, so it makes sense to me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was joking about the Kingdom Hearts thing, but now I noticed this Lalafell has silver hair and yellow eyes. :tinfoil:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Also my dumb theory based strictly on poster positioning is that hood guy is that 3rd ascian nobody knows anything about.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The third Ascian is clearly the first emperor of Garlemald. :colbert:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I wish we were getting another healer, as I’m tired of WHM, oh well.

Still gonna go bunny girl and try dancer out, looks fun.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I saw earlier someone said they were going to rework Monk. I'm only level 54 but it felt like the most complete class at level 50 in terms of gameplay/fun. What's wrong with it that makes them want to rework it?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Cappy posted:

I saw earlier someone said they were going to rework Monk. I'm only level 54 but it felt like the most complete class at level 50 in terms of gameplay/fun. What's wrong with it that makes them want to rework it?

You haven't hit the bad parts yet.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Captain Cappy posted:

My gripes are the Greased Lightning buff expires too quickly and Tornado Kick having no real use unless you know the boss is gonna jump away and you'll lose your stacks regardless

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah, as a female roegadyn, I get the anger about the lack of bun boys. It's fun playing a big rear end butch bitch, and I wanted to see either some cute little bun boys or large bun boys wearing only a swimsuit.

And if they would have made a female hrothgar, i probably would have played that (provided the face models weren't ugly). A big rear end butch bitch with little fluffy ears? I didn't even know I wanted that until now.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

The abilities between 54 and 70.

Potassium Problems posted:

My gripes are the Greased Lightning buff expires too quickly and Tornado Kick having no real use unless you know the boss is gonna jump away and you'll lose your stacks regardless

lol

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If you like MNK at 50, that's great! The class barely changes beyond that core rotation. Personally, I really like it, but it can get frustrating when fighting bosses that go invulnerable or jump away for phase changes.

The real problem with MNK is that they are the only blunt damage class in the game, which means there is nothing for them to synergize with.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Potassium Problems posted:

I thought the optimal rotation included tornado kick now, using perfect balance or riddle of wind to get your stacks back quickly.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Rolling up the ten page tornado kick guide from the pervert discord, then using it to thwack goons like a newspaper

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Bobfly posted:

I thought the optimal rotation included tornado kick now, using perfect balance or riddle of wind to get your stacks back quickly.

Wouldn't doubt it, I switched to main WHM early in SB and haven't really looked back

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

What if I don't do any of that stuff and just push my buttons as quick as possible? Do I lose more than 5% of my damage? Thanks.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Verranicus posted:

Like has anyone thought back to FFX and remembered the RONSO fondly? They're idiot blue cat people with nothing interesting at all besides being stereotypical noble savages. The fact that they live on Gagazet, which has baller rear end music, is their only positive.

I hate Ronso but I think Bangaa and Seeqs are loving awesome. I'd have taken quite literally any other race before Hrothgar. Burmecians, Revs, Shumi, Wolfmen, Moogles, anything from Crystal Chronicles... Take practically any other race featured in the Final Fantasy series, and I can find something I enjoy about it. I can't say that with Ronso.

There are lots of people interested in Hrothgar, and for those of you on here that are looking forward to it, that's cool. I'm legitimately glad for you. I think it will be interesting if we actually see players running around as catmen and it will increase the allure of all of the races as a whole when there are more choices available to the playerbase. I just think that this whole situation is just kind of bad, thanks to SE's handling of it in general, and their excuse for making two different races with gender locks is really bad. Instead of satisfying some of the people, they ended up satisfying even less by making the situation even more awkward.

Verranicus posted:

Hell, if you needed another race take another one from XII like the Garif, they're tribal just like the Ronso, look cooler and are infinitely more interesting

gently caress yeah, garifs kick asssss

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was joking about the Kingdom Hearts thing, but now I noticed this Lalafell has silver hair and yellow eyes. :tinfoil:

LALA GOT NORTED

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

NEVER WITHOUT THEIR HELMETS

NEVER WITHOUT THEIR BEARDS

*shows a picture of a dwarf without a helmet or beard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

What if I don't do any of that stuff and just push my buttons as quick as possible? Do I lose more than 5% of my damage? Thanks.

By the time the specific problems with the job become apparent to you, it'll be reworked, so it's a non-issue.