Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I really don't understand disney land. Like who the fucks there at a restaurant in an evening? in not even summer? weridos.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I really don't understand disney land. Like who the fucks there at a restaurant in an evening? in not even summer? weridos.

I'm reliably informed that having kids changes your perspective on these things.

I went there a couple years ago off season, it was totally empty and good craic

Having dinner there makes no sense unless you're staying overnight tho

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There's an adjoining village area with restaurants and stuff for people staying in the hotels to go to the park.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I got took to orlando and disneyland as a kid as a "sorry 4 ur ded parent" holiday.

The only part I remember is being given a turkey leg that felt like it was the same size as me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I got took to orlando and disneyland as a kid as a "sorry 4 ur ded parent" holiday.

The only part I remember is being given a turkey leg that felt like it was the same size as me.

sorry 4 ur ded parent

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

sorry 4 ur ded parent

Funny story about that, my nana recently asked me how he was. I said he hadn't changed much.

Dementia is funny except when it's not.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The park's open until 8pm, so plenty of people would just be moving on out. Going to a restaurant before returning to your hotel doesn't seem that weird?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Never understood the fascination that the US has with the main Disneyland.
For kids upto 10-15 sure, but adults wanting to go there is just alien to me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

sorry 4 ur ded parent

Don't worry, they didnt have to go.

Like I get its for kids but nobody sticks around the loving jungle gym for a three course meal and stays in the sports centre's hotel for a week do they. Its weird and I won't hear otherwise.

Centre parks seems ace though. I'll never forgive my parents for never taking me.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

BUY ME BONESTORM OR GO TO HELL

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sorry wrong thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

My cousins got the same thing when their dad died. Went there with my grandparents & aunt. Think my grandparents took pity on my sister & me because when my gran's mam died (or some other relative, I forget) they took my sister, my 2 paternal cousins & myself to Disneyworld (they sold my gran's childhood home and I guess had a good wedge of cash from it) and I'll be honest. Despite it basically being a temple of capitalism, 14 year old me thought it was basically the best time of my life and my memories are overwhelmingly positive. I have always wanted to go back but at the age I'm at now, 20 years on I'm not sure I'd do it now, not so much because I don't want to but just...34 year old bloke cutting about Disneyworld on his tod is going to be a bit loving tragic & probably a bit suspicious.

Still, so many cracking memories of the place. Don't even think we saw much of Orlando it's self, just hotel to theme park most days, be it the Disney Parks or Universal or Busch Gardens in Tampa. Fond memories though.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

happyhippy posted:

Never understood the fascination that the US has with the main Disneyland.
For kids upto 10-15 sure, but adults wanting to go there is just alien to me.

A lot of people in their late 20s grew up with Disney and have a pretty big emotional attachment to it. They're not bad movies. (Hercules is the best one though)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm reliably informed that having kids changes your perspective on these things.

I went there a couple years ago off season, it was totally empty and good craic

Having dinner there makes no sense unless you're staying overnight tho

I went there in july once, every little lovely ride had 30-90 minute queues, it was absolutely miserable.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We should do a uk cartoon theme park. Watership down etc.

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015

Verizian posted:

Gove is also an Eldritch abomination wearing the skins of damned souls. So about as poo poo as May.

Could do without Popbitch repeatedly hinting he & Vine are swingers too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

I went there in july once, every little lovely ride had 30-90 minute queues, it was absolutely miserable.

Aye, going in off-peak time is pretty much the only way to do it as far as I can see. We went in October, missed one week of school and the other week was in the Tattie Hols. Was loving hot in enough October, can't imagine it being tolerable in July. TBH if I ever went again I'd probably be looking at February or November, something like that.

Away from Disney, just a reminder the government is a loving disaster
https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564330494836736

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Talking about false alarms, boy did I get worried when I saw news spreading about foetal heartbeats at x number of weeks. Turns out it's just some surgical tech, but drat the way the political right wing are I was worried they were pushing that angle.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ratjaculation posted:

BUY ME BONESTORM OR GO TO HELL

Is that what you guys are calling Brexit now?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Aye, going in off-peak time is pretty much the only way to do it as far as I can see. We went in October, missed one week of school and the other week was in the Tattie Hols. Was loving hot in enough October, can't imagine it being tolerable in July. TBH if I ever went again I'd probably be looking at February or November, something like that.

The only way to shift her out of number 10 is to take a lesson from Bohemia and defenstrate her.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Funny story about that, my nana recently asked me how he was. I said he hadn't changed much.

Dementia is funny except when it's not.

when my nana's dementia got really bad she started speaking entirely in welsh.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/gabrielroth/status/1109563826213654528

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I can't imagine ever appointing someone to cabinet positions if I knew they had briefed press about going against the previous PM. No matter how much the PM is loving up, the least amount of loyalty you should expect is for them to confront the PM and/or resign before running their mouths to the press.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

TulliusCicero posted:

Is that what you guys are calling Brexit now?

There;s a special place in hell for people who don't buy me bonestorm

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

She might not make it to Monday

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564229542166528

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

We should do a uk cartoon theme park. Watership down etc.

we're not far off from having a nationwide When the Wind Blows larp

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

The only way to shift her out of number 10 is to take a lesson from Bohemia and defenstrate her.

Might be quite difficult given that I think they hardened all the windows owing to the IRA trying to blow them up.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

lol banter

Honestly though, what can they do if she stubbornly continues to deny reality and they aren't actually willing to pass a VONC in the Commons?

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109566238592774145

How is this real? What brand for reliable and steady? Jesus I know Tories are stupid but that's taking the piss

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I don't think going to Disneyland as an adult is that bad. I've never been - we were too skint when I was wee so likely for some people with a similarly poo poo childhood behind them it's a chance to have an experience they were sad about not being able to have. Some people probably will want to do it just because it will give them something to talk about in the office to make themselves seem zany. I mean I have seen people in their 3rd/4th decade of life pretending to be god drat cats online and I stopped playing WoW shortly after witnessing a man in his 50s literally screaming at a boy whose voice had barely broken because he didn't get the loot he wanted. That list goes on but my point is set against that, going to Disneyland for a holiday as an adult isn't that out there of a thing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Might be quite difficult given that I think they hardened all the windows owing to the IRA trying to blow them up.

The glass is only hard on the outside.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

OwlFancier posted:

The people voted for pane

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/TimRoss_1/status/1109500972613713921
lol the men in grey suits have failed and their last-ditch effort is to get her husband to convince her. What a loving shambles.

I'll believe this 'cabinet coup' when some of them actually have the balls to resign. They all hate her but nobody wants to jump because that probably torpedoes their chances of becoming PM.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/TimRoss_1/status/1109500972613713921
lol the men in grey suits have failed and their last-ditch effort is to get her husband to convince her. What a loving shambles.

I'll believe this 'cabinet coup' when some of them actually have the balls to resign. They all hate her but nobody wants to jump because that probably torpedoes their chances of becoming PM.

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109566158854864896

This is fun

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

crispix posted:

I don't think going to Disneyland as an adult is that bad. I've never been - we were too skint when I was wee so likely for some people with a similarly poo poo childhood behind them it's a chance to have an experience they were sad about not being able to have. Some people probably will want to do it just because it will give them something to talk about in the office to make themselves seem zany. I mean I have seen people in their 3rd/4th decade of life pretending to be god drat cats online and I stopped playing WoW shortly after witnessing a man in his 50s literally screaming at a boy whose voice had barely broken because he didn't get the loot he wanted. That list goes on but my point is set against that, going to Disneyland for a holiday as an adult isn't that out there of a thing.

he shouldn't have taken your loot m8

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

TheRat posted:

I can't imagine ever appointing someone to cabinet positions if I knew they had briefed press about going against the previous PM. No matter how much the PM is loving up, the least amount of loyalty you should expect is for them to confront the PM and/or resign before running their mouths to the press.

everyone is collectively learning that our system of checks and balances on the executive comes down to :decorum: and May isn't going to do "the done thing" or what the hell ever

at this point they all hate her, but she doesn't care, so they're out of ideas. Whining to the press about how they're all super mad and gonna tell her she sucks is probably, like, the accepted strategy at this point. Or at least makes them feel a little better. I doubt any of them are gonna be all "wow can't believe you said that you treacherous cad" or however they talk to each other

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wonder who we'll get when May goes? I assume someone much worse. Boris or somebody like that.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

forkboy84 posted:

How is this real? What brand for reliable and steady? Jesus I know Tories are stupid but that's taking the piss

Might be Fox News syndrome, slowly but surely the Tory politicians will be marks themselves, instead of the marks merely voting for the Tories.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Oh God it's going to be Hunt isn't it?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Was the electric staircase built by Tesla? That might explain the raging inferno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

everyone is collectively learning that our system of checks and balances on the executive comes down to :decorum: and May isn't going to do "the done thing" or what the hell ever

at this point they all hate her, but she doesn't care, so they're out of ideas. Whining to the press about how they're all super mad and gonna tell her she sucks is probably, like, the accepted strategy at this point. Or at least makes them feel a little better. I doubt any of them are gonna be all "wow can't believe you said that you treacherous cad" or however they talk to each other

It's not like we don't have actual forceful measures to get rid of her, they just are all too cowardly to use them.