Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it seems that this was the last issue of Kelly Thomspon's Jessica Jones, which was a bummer since it's a really good book.

Did kelly say she wasnt doing another jj story after this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

Did kelly say she wasnt doing another jj story after this?

Not that I'm aware, but there's been no solicit and it did sort of feel like a finale.

I mean, I hope there's more.

Also in Kelly Thompson news: Captain Marvel continues to be great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Jessica Jones books are part of the digital first books. They don't show in solicits until they are collected as trades.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

The Jessica Jones books are part of the digital first books. They don't show in solicits until they are collected as trades.

Oh, that's a relief. I guess maybe I got thrown off by the fact the story had a 'THE END' caption and nothing at all about a new story, whereas I seem to recall the first arc ended with a leadin to Purple Daughter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the digital only thing may have just been a test run for the suits, i havent seen anything about cage or iron first coming back, and i think vulpes said he was done done with daughters of the dragon

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh, I almost forgot: Spider-Man: Life Story is out today and it owns.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

the digital only thing may have just been a test run for the suits, i havent seen anything about cage or iron first coming back, and i think vulpes said he was done done with daughters of the dragon

This is correct and also awful because that release style was great and all the books (Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage) were really good.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Bad news re: Jessica Jones:

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1108437154458263552

What a finale though. Also, Iulis' Emma is everything, and I really hope he's on a new Marvel book asap. :allears:

Gonna hurt when Emma gets the Larroca treatment next... which reminds me of how perfunctory Uncanny was. The Morlocks & Shogo just get shuffled around, like that kid they rescued and then just said "she ran off" last issue.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Best Purple Man content of late:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You forgot to post the part where he fell off the roof.

EDIT: twice.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
So the purple man's weakness is being beaten with a pipe and covered in a bedsheet? Interesting...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaunab posted:

So the purple man's weakness is being beaten with a pipe and covered in a bedsheet? Interesting...

Believe it or not: That sheet is specially made to counteract his powers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What is with that font?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Best Purple Man content of late:

gently caress I'm gonna miss Newspaper Spidey :(

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1109138230668988416

Oh, Tom. God bless.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ashamed to admit it took me a minute to get what he was doing.

People are gonna crawl up his rear end for that one.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

El Gallinero Gros posted:

...idgi

EDIT: wait, yeah I do

poo poo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/HeroJamesLynch/status/1109156014539059205?s=19
I'm guessing the first two are Danielle Cage and Peggy Carter, who are the blondes?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd go with Nick Fury Sr. Nick Fury Jr. Nick Fury and Sir Nicolas Fury.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I'm guessing the first two are Danielle Cage and Peggy Carter, who are the blondes?

The first is Samantha Wilson, the Cap from Earth-65 (aka Spider-Gwen's earth). The last is Roberta Mendez, the Captain America from 2099 (in the most recent Spider-Man 2099 series. I've got no idea for #3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Third one is Sharon Rogers, Steve’s daughter. No idea what universe but that image I think is from Marvel Future Fight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Samantha Wilson, Captain America Earth 65 (Spider-Gwen)
Peggy Carter, Captain America Earth TRN694 (Exiles)
Sharon Rogers, Captain America Earth TRN012 (Future Fight Game)
Roberta Mendez, Captain America Earth 23291 (Spider-Man 2099)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

The first is Samantha Wilson, the Cap from Earth-65 (aka Spider-Gwen's earth). The last is Roberta Mendez, the Captain America from 2099 (in the most recent Spider-Man 2099 series. I've got no idea for #3

I think she's the daughter of Cap & Peggy from a timeline where Steve never got frozen that showed up in one of the mobile games.

Edit: beaten.

In other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uee1ALnZcCc

So this is a thing that's happening.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mark Waid and Javier Rodriguez will do a six issue History of the Marvel Universe series this summer. (LOOK AT THIS ART: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/22/mark-waid-history-marvel-universe-c2e2/)

Al Ewing will be doing six Annuals focused on the Infinity Warps characters from Infinity Wars.

Busiek and Ross are doing a new Marvels one shot follow up.

I am super down for every one of these.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

???? Spoiler block it???

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

???? Spoiler block it???
Thor Jane Foster, Wolverine Laura not Logan, Hawkeye Kate Bishop, Captain Marvel Carol Danvers

Without specifying which version of each character it turns into a weird Rorschach test.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

???? Spoiler block it???

Simone asked for Heroines, those are all characters where a woman took over an identity of a man

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Thor Jane Foster, Wolverine Laura not Logan, Hawkeye Kate Bishop, Captain Marvel Carol Danvers

Without specifying which version of each character it turns into a weird Rorschach test.

Fully half of them I instantly think of the spoiler blocked character first thing, in pretty much any context.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I think a lot of people not getting it are doing what I did when I didn't get it and mentally glossing over the word 'heroines'

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think a lot of people not getting it are doing what I did when I didn't get it and mentally glossing over the word 'heroines'

Yeah that's what I did.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's over! Goodnight you two!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's over! Goodnight you two!

I just wish they could have fit Stan in there, too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I just wish they could have fit Stan in there, too.

I think that's supposed to be him in panel 1 but I dunno could be a random old dude.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yes this is what i did lol

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

TwoPair posted:

I think that's supposed to be him in panel 1 but I dunno could be a random old dude.

Pretty sure those dudes are meant to be Alex Saviuk (left) and Roy Thomas (right)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Benito Cereno posted:

Pretty sure those dudes are meant to be Alex Saviuk (left) and Roy Thomas (right)
Yes. Thomas said as much in the interview he did.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

News from C2E2:

https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/1109564599714623488

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Valkyrie will be co-written by Jason Aaron and Al Ewing. Awesome team there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

House of X and Powers of X by Hickman announced.

Pepe Larraz and RB Silva were handpicked by Hickman to do art on them.

Hickman: Again, we're keeping alot of this under wraps. Let me just say that we have radical, radical plans for all of you. I grew up primarily a DC Comics guy; the only book I read of Marvel growing up was the X-Men. All the books I've done at Marvel up to this point, those were fantastic jobs -- but they were jobs. This is was the first book I've loved before I started doing."

Hickman: I probably haven't been more proud of anything I've worked on than this. I think all of you will be pretty jacked. We're doing some different radical stuff. Two books that'll you have to read both to stay tuned, but there's a good reason for it.

Clarifcation, the titles are House of X as in the letter "X", then Powers of X as in the roman numeral 10.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1109567300879949830

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

rantmo posted:

News from C2E2:

totally going off nothing i hope this is a way to bring back jane thor