Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

look at dat fukkin doggo

https://twitter.com/firstdogsSB/status/1108182745673396224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1109507795961954311

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
That doggo makes me want a doggo. All I have are seven cats, and they’re awesome fuzzy murderballs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm going to bed on this fine Saturday, and Trump hasn't tweeted in 24 hours.

This has got to be the presidential turn, I loving know it

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wait, is that Pete Buttigieg? :3:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK I'm on board with the Booty Gig, just for that dog alone.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I imagine the massage therapist was using much shorter strokes.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, I'm never going on the water again and only ever drinking gatorade when I'm thirsty.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1109542858514665474

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
That’s a gentle loving roll too, I’ll never figure out why cruise line can’t loving secure poo poo.

Lashing down chairs is a solved problem. We have the technology.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ve been on a cruise ship going through ~25ft waves under her own power, and we could definitely feel the ship rocking. That looks legitimately terrifying :stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was gonna say jfc thats insane the poo poo isnt secured to the floor

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Cruise ship passengers are wuss. Case in point:

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’ve been on a cruise ship going through ~25ft waves under her own power, and we could definitely feel the ship rocking. That looks legitimately terrifying :stare:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Fister Roboto posted:

OK I'm on board with the Booty Gig, just for that dog alone.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i was gonna say jfc thats insane the poo poo isnt secured to the floor

That’s what scares me. Not the rolling. I’m sure the ship is rated for far worse.

I truly don’t understand why that stuff is not secure.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I think that the weight adds up, too. Like as more poo poo gets knocked loose, it gets added to the sliding mass, which pulls the rolling side down even more.

Also it's essentially making a maraca from hell with you and the debris as the beads.

Ocean people, is this right?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah I think that the weight adds up, too. Like as more poo poo gets knocked loose, it gets added to the sliding mass, which pulls the rolling side down even more.

In theory yes, but the furniture isn’t that heavy compared to the rest of the cruise ship.

They’re unstable on purpose (stabler ships roll faster, which is less comfortable) but as long as you got sufficient fresh water on-board, don’t let the passengers mass up on the upper deck and drain the pools before poo poo gets dumb, they’ll be fine.

Furniture is really light.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Never get on a boat

It's just not worth it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive never done a cruise or cocaine for the same reason

the people who love it that tell me how awesome it is

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just reading about the hinky legal poo poo cruise lines pull with being registered out of effectively non-existent governments and making themselves practically immune to the law because "lol good luck going halfway around the world and prosecuting a case with no central government oh by the way our 'registration fees' mean we'll always win anyway" has me convinced I'll never do it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Even with the well documented safety stuff, just look at the dregs of the humanity that go on cruise ships. Do you want to be stuck in your own personal Poseidon Adventure with them?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The YPG has declared victory over ISIS.

Source: veteran and brewer pisspiggranddad

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

A Bad Poster posted:

Even with the well documented safety stuff, just look at the dregs of the humanity that go on cruise ships. Do you want to be stuck in your own personal Poseidon Adventure with them?

Just wait until the ocean levels rise enough you're forced into it.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I wont do a cruise for the reasons above but mostly because all of the stories I've seen of everyone on board coming down with some sort of disease

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Wasabi the J posted:

Also it's essentially making a maraca from hell with you and the debris as the beads.

You're talking about the "Free Surface Effect". It's actually a really big deal with respect to stability but, as others have said, furniture is really negligible given the size of a cruise ship

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Just reading about the hinky legal poo poo cruise lines pull with being registered out of effectively non-existent governments and making themselves practically immune to the law because "lol good luck going halfway around the world and prosecuting a case with no central government oh by the way our 'registration fees' mean we'll always win anyway" has me convinced I'll never do it.

Flags of convenience isn’t hunky legal poo poo, it’s perfectly legal, and the vast majority of stories you hear about people being in legal limbo WRT cruise ships is because Americans can’t understand that the American legal system doesn’t apply outside America.

A ship registered outside of the US (which almost all cruise ships are because lol Jones Act) is essentially foreign soil* and anything that happens on-board is subject to maritime law of the country in which it is registered so... lawyers get expensive fast.

*Except where international conventions allow a party state, a coastal state or port state to step in**

**America hates signing conventions

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

I wont do a cruise for the reasons above but mostly because all of the stories I've seen of everyone on board coming down with some sort of disease

Accurate. My dad worked as a cruise ship doctor for a few years after his retirement (an insanely good gig for docs) and said that if someone gets sick on a ship, EVERYONE gets sick on a ship.

Also, a surprising number of elderly people go on cruises and commit suicide within a day or two of embarkation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also, a surprising number of elderly people go on cruises and commit suicide within a day or two of embarkation.

And then what happens?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
captain’s special

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
There's a shitload of people here...

https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1109539637926772741

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I wonder how many of those people didn't vote when it originally came up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jesus thats incredible

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And then what happens?

Their kids sue the cruise line and go on tv claiming the cruise line murdered / kidnapped gamma.

Cruise ship I worked on, they had a woman jump over board the month before I joined. It wasn’t reported until the next day, after the ship had docked. People bitched out the captain for not casting off and going to look for her.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I mean they clearly need to back out of Brexit, but "put it to the people" caused this loving mess in the first place.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think the only positive end they can hope for at this point is to say "our bad", dissolve the government, and go back to business as usual as an EU member.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That Works posted:

I wonder how many of those people didn't vote when it originally came up.

I mean a lot probably weren't voting age for the referendum.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Patware posted:

Never get on a boat

It's just not worth it

Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you're going all the way.

EBB posted:

I think the only positive end they can hope for at this point is to say "our bad", dissolve the government, and go back to business as usual as an EU member.

Doesn't the Queen have this ability?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you're going all the way.

Doesn't the Queen have this ability?

She arguably could've refused the royal assent to article 50 but it's too late now.

The only thing she could do now would be to make it worse and force no-deal in the vanishingly unlikely scenario that the May deal was approved by parliament.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 23, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

also lol if May gets to be in charge of even a post office after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Over 50% of England and Wales voted leave, but over 50% of Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to stay.