Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

If its any consolation in an A route hes barely in the game and in a B hes only a little more active. Hes also not psychic nor teleports and takes 40 seconds minimum to find you even if you make considerable noise.

I hate this kind of enemy in games which is why im encouraging you to not give up. Spoilers for when he goes away ad soon as you are able to escape the garage and get back to it hes done if youre leon until the very end of the game where he chases you during the ending and for claire once you eacape the garage a short bit later hell be removed permanently via cutscene and never appear again

I've installed a mod that removes him from everything except scripted encounters. First playthrough, he's genuinely scary, but on replays he's more annoying than anything else and I got sick of dodging him round rooms while I was trying to do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWFk7h0OdM

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

If you're low you get one for like every other enemy you kill in a lot of areas so far, it's basically a minor penalty for dying a ton (stop doing that).

E: also it feels weird to call it "the Bloodborne thing" when the game straight up gives you a Ninja estus flask but whatevz

I mean they're not hard to replenish at all, but why is this even an issue? Just make them free. It's like Bloodborne where you don't notice at all UNTIL you run into some extremely challenging fight and die a bunch and then suddenly you're at zero. If you're doing well they might as well be recharging for free (to the point where I thought they actually were) and then suddenly there's an extra little "lol fuk u" when you're having a tough time.

oldpainless posted:

Is sekiro worth buying?

Gripes aside, I'm really enjoying it and it seems well worth the $60. It doesn't really play at all like Dark Souls so if you were hoping for the next Dark Souls you may be disappointed.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Mar 23, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Well it's not like I have a director's commentary sitting here but it really seems to be a "go try something else" indicator. There's been very few times in Sekiro so far where I was stuck on one thing that locked me out of everywhere else to explore...and in several cases I only realized that by looping back and farming sen and emblems.

Bloodborne took a different tack and made it so certain enemies dropped 3-4x bullets or vials every time they loaded in, so if you pay attention to drops you can be pretty well stocked up on things before you even attempt Cleric Beast. I mean, yeah, it means you might spend ten minutes in between runs somewhere else Bold Hunter's Marking back to the Central Yharnam lantern a few times to replenish stock but I was sitting on max amounts of everything before mid game with honestly very little grinding. It's a system that bites you in the rear end if you don't pay attention to it but it's pretty minor if you do.

Like I said though, the fact that Sekiro has an estus flask and the game shits emblems at you in addition to whatever an enemy normally drops really seems to emphasize a "try back later" kinda feel. Even if you need to run back and kill some guys for emblems you'll never be without healing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Horizon Zero Dawn I might've just assumed there'd be more designs because of the way it was framed but the final boss just being a corrupted Deathbringer is pretty boring. And I never really knew how to fight them to begin with either so that wasn't great. I was also expecting the revived old robots to be something new rather than a bunch more Deathbringers even if they were just in cutscenes and you don't get to fight them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn I might've just assumed there'd be more designs because of the way it was framed but the final boss just being a corrupted Deathbringer is pretty boring. And I never really knew how to fight them to begin with either so that wasn't great. I was also expecting the revived old robots to be something new rather than a bunch more Deathbringers even if they were just in cutscenes and you don't get to fight them.
H:ZD is just full of disappointments

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

Well it's not like I have a director's commentary sitting here but it really seems to be a "go try something else" indicator. There's been very few times in Sekiro so far where I was stuck on one thing that locked me out of everywhere else to explore...and in several cases I only realized that by looping back and farming sen and emblems.

Bloodborne took a different tack and made it so certain enemies dropped 3-4x bullets or vials every time they loaded in, so if you pay attention to drops you can be pretty well stocked up on things before you even attempt Cleric Beast. I mean, yeah, it means you might spend ten minutes in between runs somewhere else Bold Hunter's Marking back to the Central Yharnam lantern a few times to replenish stock but I was sitting on max amounts of everything before mid game with honestly very little grinding. It's a system that bites you in the rear end if you don't pay attention to it but it's pretty minor if you do.

Like I said though, the fact that Sekiro has an estus flask and the game shits emblems at you in addition to whatever an enemy normally drops really seems to emphasize a "try back later" kinda feel. Even if you need to run back and kill some guys for emblems you'll never be without healing.

Emblems would be better if they were replenished when you rested rather than being a thing you farmed.

Why do people use "shits" to mean "provides at great speed and/or quantity".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe controversial take, but I generally love that game, in large part because of the setting and environmental design. But I've played through it twice and I literally can't even remember the final boss :sweatdrop:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Far Cry New Dawn introduces this whole enemy/weapon level system that really sucks the life out of the game. Because fighting enemies that have higher level than your gun is an exercise in frustration as they take a lot more damage to hurt and have a lot more health.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe controversial take, but I generally love that game, in large part because of the setting and environmental design. But I've played through it twice and I literally can't even remember the final boss :sweatdrop:

A corrupted version of the really big robot that isn't animal themed or a Corruptor.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Local corruption in Total Warhammer 2. gently caress off with your untainted corruption, we're a cult of dark elves who ritually sacrifice people, how the gently caress does 10% of the population get away with not following the ways of chaos :argh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sekiro: Monkey!!!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

A corrupted version of the really big robot that isn't animal themed or a Corruptor.

Its the robot that's an angry rectangle.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Enter the Gungeon AND lovely Baby Game (Binding of Isaac)

characters where the gimmick of having harder to replace, one-time-use hit points are not fun to play. stop dropping hearts if someone picks this character, and put in an increased chance for the health they can use to pop up.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just need to mix this with the thong mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyR8HnYOz8o

:eyepop: at that rear end

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Sims 4 is actually pretty good, except that the ai is bad so there's a ton of watching Sims do literally nothing in between every action.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The Sims 4 is actually pretty good, except that the ai is bad so there's a ton of watching Sims do literally nothing in between every action.

If not that, they're constantly washing hands or drinking water.

E: Supposedly there is a hidden hydration meter and normally you wouldn't tell a sim to drink water, and most likely cancel their action when they go to drink it cause its making dishes for no reason. So their hydration plummets and they keep trying to drink.

Leal has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Mar 24, 2019

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Playing Shadow of War, I hate how many actions are mapped to one button. Depending on the context, you can either stun, dominate, or drop off a ledge, and I always do the one I don’t want. Speaking of dominate, I wish the game would realize that the guy I want to dominate is probably the weakened captain, and not the random mook on my side.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Playing some more Far Cry New Dawn and it's pretty bad that the game just straight up double downs on Joseph Seed being right. He brainwashes the "Rook" from FC5 and gets literal superpowers.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Playing Shadow of War, I hate how many actions are mapped to one button. Depending on the context, you can either stun, dominate, or drop off a ledge, and I always do the one I don’t want. Speaking of dominate, I wish the game would realize that the guy I want to dominate is probably the weakened captain, and not the random mook on my side.

"Talk" and "Assassinate" are bound to the same button in AC: Odyssey. Several mistakes are made, frequently.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

"Talk" and "Assassinate" are bound to the same button in AC: Odyssey. Several mistakes are made, frequently.

It's always funny when you're ready to join a conquest battle but end up shanking some random dude next to the commander, leading to a yackety sax chase all over the Greek countryside.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Playing some more Far Cry New Dawn and it's pretty bad that the game just straight up double downs on Joseph Seed being right. He brainwashes the "Rook" from FC5 and gets literal superpowers.

Just gonna write off Ubisoft at this point. Assassin's Creed is going nowhere, Far Cry loving sucks now, they're turning all their franchises into the same dull, generic game. With incredibly bad writing.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

Just gonna write off Ubisoft at this point. Assassin's Creed is going nowhere, Far Cry loving sucks now, they're turning all their franchises into the same dull, generic game. With incredibly bad writing.

Mario rabbit xcom was pretty good

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Odyssey and Origins were both really good if you didn't feel the need to do everything, I could see them really wearing thin on completionists though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nostradingus posted:

Mario rabbit xcom was pretty good

They should follow up with Mario and Operators, starring the R6S operators. Mario becomes Sledge, Luigi is himself but with a green shotgun, Peach is replaced with Gridlock

It writes itself.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sunswipe posted:

It's the year of our lord 2019 and you are just now realizing that Ubisoft games are all the same franchise and the writing is bad.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I have no idea who keeps writing the lovely stories for Far Cry and I don't know why they keep doing it. Blood Dragon had the best tone (80's Action movie) but nooope. Gameplay in New Dawn is fun but ugh stop with the story, at least try even a little.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tom Clancy's Assassin's Creed (2020 probably.)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

spit on my clit posted:

Enter the Gungeon AND lovely Baby Game (Binding of Isaac)

characters where the gimmick of having harder to replace, one-time-use hit points are not fun to play. stop dropping hearts if someone picks this character, and put in an increased chance for the health they can use to pop up.

Binding of Isaac sucks so loving much. It’s 2019 and there’s tons of better roguelites, stop playing the lovely baby game.

eta: that said, the problem with Blue Baby and Keeper isn’t getting red hearts that they’re not allowed to use, it’s that they aren’t actually interesting to use. Make the challenge characters fun and zany, dammit! BoI has like 15 characters now but the only ones that are any fun are like... Isaac, Judas, Eden?

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Mar 24, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sunswipe posted:

Odyssey also never backed down from the DLC that actively pisses off the LGBT fanbase that Ubisoft went out of their way to court with the game. Your character is still forced to get married and make babies, and the 'revision' from Ubisoft is just that you can be a jerk about it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

It's the year of our lord 2019 and you are just now realizing that Ubisoft games are all the same franchise and the writing is bad.

gently caress you, Far Cry 4 ruled. I want a game where I can team up with Pagan Min.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
far cry 4 had exactly one clever idea, and it was ruined because the game itself couldn't stop calling attention to it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A problem with FC4's story is that everybody was terrible. Min was a cruel despot while both the resistance leaders weren't any better. One wanted a regressive theocracy while the other wanted to turn the country into a narcostate.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Don't forget about the obnoxious druggie expats :v:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

A problem with FC4's story is that everybody was terrible. Min was a cruel despot while both the resistance leaders weren't any better. One wanted a regressive theocracy while the other wanted to turn the country into a narcostate.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Tom Clancy's Assassin's Creed (2020 probably.)

I mean, I'd buy it (at a discount)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Tom Cuhlancy's Assassin Dogs Division Creed Crew 6.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, I'd buy it (at a discount)

So one month after release?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cythereal posted:

Odyssey also never backed down from the DLC that actively pisses off the LGBT fanbase that Ubisoft went out of their way to court with the game. Your character is still forced to get married and make babies, and the 'revision' from Ubisoft is just that you can be a jerk about it.

How else were you supposed to have genetic descendents, which is the premise of the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

sebmojo posted:

How else were you supposed to have genetic descendents, which is the premise of the series?

They ditched that aspect a while ago.