Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Triskelli posted:

Please just give Way Forward or Yacht Club a crack at a new Wario Land, it’s been a decade.

Premise: Wario hears that there’s money in Indie Platformers. So he invades multiple indie games and steals the coins and gems from them.

Wario Ware: Indie Edition would be pretty rad not gonna lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just bought Rocket League on Switch, after having not bothered to load it up on Steam for a few years (plus it ran badly).

Oh my god, every single moment is fun. I forgot how much I loved it. I still suck, but whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wario Ware: Indie Edition would be pretty rad not gonna lie

DIY had a downloadable Shantae microgame, even.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Triskelli posted:

Please just give Way Forward or Yacht Club a crack at a new Wario Land, it’s been a decade.

Premise: Wario hears that there’s money in Indie Platformers. So he invades multiple indie games and steals the coins and gems from them.

Can't tell if :thejoke: or not but that's more or less the plot of Travis Strikes Again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Shovel Knight is actually Wario, that's the big reveal of King Knight's game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

technically Pokken DX isn't that old (though still an upgraded port) but man I'd love a new Pokken with even more single player features and modes, a way better AI, bigger roster, and fun weekly/monthly online stuff. It sold really well and I think it's such a cool, unique system to just leave it as a one-and-done.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Triskelli posted:

Shovel Knight King of Cards has been delayed so long because it's Wario Land now, surprise

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is 30€ right now on the switch, anyone got tried out the switch version?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

organburner posted:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is 30€ right now on the switch, anyone got tried out the switch version?

I borrowed it from the library and was not impressed. It is an extremely slow game with each character action taking much too long for my tastes. YMMV

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

Shovel Knight is actually Wario, that's the big reveal of King Knight's game.
King Knight is a Wario game. Watch the trailer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just bought Rocket League on Switch, after having not bothered to load it up on Steam for a few years (plus it ran badly).

Oh my god, every single moment is fun. I forgot how much I loved it. I still suck, but whatever.

Rocket League is one of the very few games that really nails down movement and basic actions are fun.

I feel the same way about the switches UI it's so snappy and well animated. Presentation is important!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I didn’t even realize that rocket league was on switch

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How is RL without analog triggers? That's one of the big improvements in recent years for any game where you control a cat or motorcycle or whatever imo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

King Knight is a Wario game. Watch the trailer.

Which makes Shovel Knight being Wario all the more shocking a twist !

Besides, King Knight is Peach's father.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stan Taylor posted:

How is RL without analog triggers? That's one of the big improvements in recent years for any game where you control a cat or motorcycle or whatever imo.

It's still fun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Playing Necrodancer again reminded me the issue I have with rogue games. It's fun but your loadout can vary so much. My wrist started to hurt so I had to wrap it up. Finally got to the final boss for the first time thanks to a rifle. What a weapon. Of course the kickback really hosed up that final boss bit, but still. It kills me that I have to do a whole run before trying to beat him again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stan Taylor posted:

Last time I checked (years ago) it was still undecided if Mouse + keyboard or 360 controller where the optimal way to play on PC. Since you don't have analog on a keyboard I assume it's fine. If it hasn't changed there should be a fairly even split in high end play.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ada posted:

Papers, Mario

Make this about Ellis island and you've got a goty

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stan Taylor posted:

It's absolutely fine.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

How about a bowser castle defense game? The main goal is to prevent Mario from rescuing the princess.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 23, 2019

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That sounds like that Mario vs. DK thing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Baba is you is very very good

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Heath posted:

That sounds like that Mario vs. DK thing

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Put Papyrus in Smash Bros Nintendo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hatoful Boyfriend but Cuccos.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

When is the next epic BotW or xenoblade style title coming to Switch. It’s great to have a few hundred more side scrollers and indie 8 bit copycats but I want some meat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shammypants posted:

When is the next epic BotW or xenoblade style title coming to Switch. It’s great to have a few hundred more side scrollers and indie 8 bit copycats but I want some meat.

It came out yesterday. Sorry, we were all too busy playing it to tell you.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It came out yesterday. Sorry, we were all too busy playing it to tell you.

I’m not being sarcastic I’m genuinely curious if there are any leaks or rumors of titles like that in development

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Man I'm thoroughly enjoying Chocobos Mystery Dungeon. Everything cute needs to be on the Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Elderbean posted:

Man I'm thoroughly enjoying Chocobos Mystery Dungeon. Everything cute needs to be on the Switch.

Have you become attached to any particular Buddy? I've been using the Machinist DLC one a lot

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Heath posted:

Have you become attached to any particular Buddy? I've been using the Machinist DLC one a lot

I'm not very far yet, just at the mines. I just switched over to the black mage so I've been dragging along a goblin that casts protect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shammypants posted:

I’m not being sarcastic I’m genuinely curious if there are any leaks or rumors of titles like that in development

Oh I know I was just joking. If you haven’t played it yet, Dragon Quest XI comes out in the fall and it’s the definitive version

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008
Hello everyone. Is it me or is Blaster Master Zero 2 quite an obnoxious game? It has all the ingredients of something I should like but the entire first planet seems designed to evoke the feeling of having your sandcastle kicked over by Nelson Muntz. As someone who enjoyed and completed Hollow Knight and both La Mulanas, is this worth persevering with?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I loved it. Felt like an improvement over the first one, which was a really solid game to begin with. It starts out pretty rough. But once you've got a few upgrades it smoothes out.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh I know I was just joking. If you haven’t played it yet, Dragon Quest XI comes out in the fall and it’s the definitive version

It’s not the definitive version because it includes the option for Japanese voice acting, a mistake no one should make.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Heath posted:

The second skeleton you can get can poison which is nice for bosses, and there are a few monsters with Protect I liked since almost everything prefers targeting Chocobo over the buddy, if you're not using White Mage.

If you like the buddies, try doing the dungeons in the silo on Stella's Farm since one will get you a job with the only method I've seen so far that let's you heal and Protect both you and your buddy.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can heal or enchant your buddies by kicking potions at them.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I unlocked the first flame dragon, thought "cool, I'll take him to the boss" and its a fire dragon.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 24, 2019

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's a reason you get black mage from that dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

It looks like Blossom Tales is on sale this week. How is that? It looked very Link to the Past-ish.