Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I like that, that should be a solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fedule posted:

Once again I am the elite hacksaws. When this patch hits I’m probably going to have to go back and retry the fixed levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6V_UOpIfQA

They just added text is float to prevent doing that directly, but the proper solution is basically the same thing

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

For Meta-13, I got the row of doors at the top open with replicating flags. The part I'm having trouble with now is getting something in with the WIN block...

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jade Rider posted:

For Meta-13, I got the row of doors at the top open with replicating flags. The part I'm having trouble with now is getting something in with the WIN block...

you can turn off flag is push

flag is word, so push a flag up, turn off flag is push, push win all the way down, then push is in

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hempuli posted:

I definitely generally tried to avoid the classic sokoban-y space management approach.

I noticed this and I think that's rad

I've also noticed that my wrong solutions often point towards the intended one most of the time and that's a good feel. I'm not sure if there's any more levels that should be split like PRISON, tho if I find one I'll post it.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you can turn off flag is push

flag is word, so push a flag up, turn off flag is push, push win all the way down, then push is in

Got it, thanks :)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://twitter.com/CPColin/status/1109602166266748928

I need help on Tiny Pond.

I can see that I'm going to have to OPEN a tile of water to get WIN out of there. I can also see that I'm probably going to need to be controlling two things at once so I'm still alive when one of me explodes, but I can't figure out how to do both things at one. Any help?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

CPColin posted:

I can see that I'm going to have to OPEN a tile of water to get WIN out of there. I can also see that I'm probably going to need to be controlling two things at once so I'm still alive when one of me explodes, but I can't figure out how to do both things at one. Any help?

The solution requires you to approach from the left.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

CPColin posted:

step 1: flag is key

step 2: key is you and open

step 3: key is you and win

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Son of a butt! Of course. Thanks!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hempuli posted:

There are some levels where the crampedness is to prevent some unintended solutions, but I'd be happy to hear levels that had this problem to see what I can do; I definitely generally tried to avoid the classic sokoban-y space management approach.

I guess Tunnel is a pretty good example of this! The normal characteristic rule-manipulating mindset - for me, anyway - figured out "the solution" pretty quickly (which isn't really a problem; not every level has to be an hour-long brain percolation) but it then seemed to require ages and ages fiddling with sliding tiles in a cramped space with multiple Babas in order to produce the required series of rules at the right times without nudging them out of alignment while doing so (at least, for my solution, anyway. I gather there are others for that level). It seems to me that making the main area bigger would address this problem at basically no cost; keep a few nooks near the walls to help Babas space themselves out and have the middle be wide and empty to let players slide blocks at their leisure. Everything will still be anchored around the starting Baba is You of course, but with more space the whole thing would just be less stressful.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hempuli posted:

There are some levels where the crampedness is to prevent some unintended solutions, but I'd be happy to hear levels that had this problem to see what I can do; I definitely generally tried to avoid the classic sokoban-y space management approach.

I'm really thankful for that! In puzzle games there's a spectrum between the hard part being the concept of what you're being asked to do and the execution of actually performing it, and way too many puzzle games tend to lean hard on the execution over the concept (even good ones like Stephen's Sausage Roll end up being mainly execution). You've definitely excelled at providing the former.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I don't think the lack of space to navigate is a huge issue simply because the undo system is so incredibly generous that any and all mistakes short of winning a map you don't want to actually win are easily rectifiable. It's not like many other puzzles games where pushing a block into a corner demands an immediate restart of the whole level.

With that said, I'm glad Hempuli isn't satisfied with just leaving things as is and is willing to tweak levels to make maneuvering easier, every little bit of improvement is a good thing in my eyes.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I really didn't like the solution to the Prison level. It left a really sour taste in my mouth for possibly the rest of the game.

Are any other solutions going to be like that one?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Okay, I made it to the part where you start messing around with the LEVEL keyword. That's a fun way to break the pattern of "beat all the levels in the stage. go to the next stage". Garden is a mess of unfinished levels, though, since I feel like Maritime Adventures, among others, is going to be a pain to execute, even once I figure out the trick to it.

I've beaten two levels in ABC. AB and QUEUE have me right stumped. Is AB (the word) supposed to be able to make anything other than BABA? If not, how are you supposed to maintain a proper is YOU while moving the B and A?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Qylvaran posted:

Okay, I made it to the part where you start messing around with the LEVEL keyword. That's a fun way to break the pattern of "beat all the levels in the stage. go to the next stage". Garden is a mess of unfinished levels, though, since I feel like Maritime Adventures, among others, is going to be a pain to execute, even once I figure out the trick to it.

I've beaten two levels in ABC. AB and QUEUE have me right stumped. Is AB (the word) supposed to be able to make anything other than BABA? If not, how are you supposed to maintain a proper is YOU while moving the B and A?

A hint for AB, the belts exist for a reason, and it's possible to get all of them out for further use.
For the other level There's a reason that there's an IS that is 2 squares long

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

I really didn't like the solution to the Prison level. It left a really sour taste in my mouth for possibly the rest of the game.

That level teaches you something that is used sparingly but is still an important piece of information for a few levels.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hints for Cavern-1: Mouse Hole? I can get the rock out by pushing ROCK IS PUSH into the crevice and then pushing it out, and I can get the key out by pushing the bat into the little space, but that just leaves me unable to put the key on the rock since it's stuck as PUSH once I'm in the crevice.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Argue posted:

Hints for Cavern-1: Mouse Hole? I can get the rock out by pushing ROCK IS PUSH into the crevice and then pushing it out, and I can get the key out by pushing the bat into the little space, but that just leaves me unable to put the key on the rock since it's stuck as PUSH once I'm in the crevice.

You're very close. You should still have the BAT word leftover at the end.
The interactions of SWAP is critical.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Einwand posted:

A hint for AB, the belts exist for a reason, and it's possible to get all of them out for further use.
For the other level There's a reason that there's an IS that is 2 squares long

I got the first one. As for the second, I guessed that much, but the only place it seems like that would matter, I can't get a sentence that extends past the wall.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Qylvaran posted:

I got the first one. As for the second, I guessed that much, but the only place it seems like that would matter, I can't get a sentence that extends past the wall.

For the second, your mistake is thinking you need to extend it past the wall.
If you want a strong hint remember that you can overlap text.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 24, 2019

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This game makes me think "oh, no way," a lot, but when I figured out what to do with the levels past the 7-flower door I actually said out loud "oh no loving way."

BABA is OWNS

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ok I picked this up. It took until level 7 - grass yard to reach the first instance where BRAIN is HURT.

Feel like I'm missing something real simple here.

edit: Yep, sure was!

Now it's Tiny Isle that's making me go crazy.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 24, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So what's the deal with Endless Corridor anyways? All I did was walk directly to the exit flag and won

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I think the Endless Corridor might be a very bizarre oversight since the most recent patch notes mentioned that it's getting a change next patch.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hempuli, I just encountered a weird bug. I haven't actually tried reproducing it but I can remember the steps I took:

I was playing Cavern-3: Fireplace (I'd guess it would work with any level) on slot 1
Return to Menu
Delete slot 2, which already had content
Start a new game on slot 2, watching the intro
Finish the intro level
I'm suddenly back in Cavern-3. Returning to the map correctly takes me to a brand new map. Playing and finishing level 1 results in me back in Cavern-3. Finishing subsequent levels did not take me back to Cavern-3.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I need confirmation on something for Garden-Extra 1, Out at Sea. Does the solution involve adding something to BABA is YOU in the top-right? It feels significant that it's the only "fixed" rule on the level that isn't surrounded by walls, but I also can't figure out how to get more than one word to it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I need confirmation on something for Garden-Extra 1, Out at Sea. Does the solution involve adding something to BABA is YOU in the top-right? It feels significant that it's the only "fixed" rule on the level that isn't surrounded by walls, but I also can't figure out how to get more than one word to it.

Nope.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Answer: Nope. I should probably wall it off, that sort of red herring-ing isn't maybe preferable.

Argue posted:

Hempuli, I just encountered a weird bug. I haven't actually tried reproducing it but I can remember the steps I took:

This has been around for a bit, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end; thanks a lot for the directions! Once I get some proper devtime I'll take a good look at it. :)

Endless Corridor posted:

Endless Corridor
I think I claimed to have fixed it but the fix was actually made for the next upcoming patch, not the currently available one. You can simulate the proper solving experience somewhat by moving once(?) to the right when you start. Maybe.

Arrrthritis posted:

Are you playing on Switch or computer? The level was recently changed to make the solution more apparent and less arbitrary (hopefully), but that particular functionality (i.e. pushing "solid" objects on top of "nonsolid" objects such as ones with You) will appear in later levels.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Einwand posted:

So what's the deal with Endless Corridor anyways? All I did was walk directly to the exit flag and won

I told Hempuli and he laughed about it and said it's supposed to be longer. So I guess it'll be longer later

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ok definitely confused enough on Haunt to need to ask for a hint.

edit: thanks. didn't think about moving words on top of a ghost

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 24, 2019

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zerilan posted:

Ok definitely confused enough on Haunt to need to ask for a hint.

push the ghosts to tele the is in leaf is defeat to make love is win

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I am officially stumped on Garden-Extra 1, Out at Sea. Someone tell me which of these things is wrong:

1. ICE must be PUSH before crossing the belt, because otherwise there's no way to open the door.
2. Because there is only one IS, LAVA cannot be PUSH before crossing the belt, because otherwise ICE is not PUSH and there's no way to open the door.
3. Therefore, the box can only be melted by pushing something else onto it and converting it to lava.
4. Making rules for 1 and 3 requires 7 pieces of TEXT, and there are only 7 objects that can be TEXT, one of which is the ice needed to open the door.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I am officially stumped on Garden-Extra 1, Out at Sea. Someone tell me which of these things is wrong:

1. ICE must be PUSH before crossing the belt, because otherwise there's no way to open the door.
2. Because there is only one IS, LAVA cannot be PUSH before crossing the belt, because otherwise ICE is not PUSH and there's no way to open the door.
3. Therefore, the box can only be melted by pushing something else onto it and converting it to lava.
4. Making rules for 1 and 3 requires 7 pieces of TEXT, and there are only 7 objects that can be TEXT, one of which is the ice needed to open the door.

2 is wrong

obviously from the word "on", you can have two things on the same square

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it'd be cool to have an invisiclues style hint guide compilation for this imo

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
e: f,b

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think garden extra-1 is like prison in how it expects you to 'get' a concept you don't know about.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

I don't know why, but this totally made my day.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/mattar0d/status/1109987662608384000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

BRAIN is BROKEN