Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just beat the horse fucker... that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol what the gently caress are these tiny hat men.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol what the gently caress are these tiny hat men.

Kappa

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gun Fort is such a bad rear end name for a fort

edit: also it is the place to go for crazy XP..... big guys give like 120 per kill

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just got my rear end kicked by a giant flaming bull

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol the further i get in this game the less confident i am that i can beat these enemies.....im so scared every time im in a new area

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

scary ghost dog posted:

lol the further i get in this game the less confident i am that i can beat these enemies.....im so scared every time im in a new area

yeah lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

how is fromsoft so good at this

they keep getting better and its insane.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
miyazaki: alright, u beat the game where u cannot block. how about this time, every enemy blocks u. goodu rucko

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just found another headless boss gently caress this game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the idea of beating this game has now become very daunting as theres nowhere left to go but the places that kicked my rear end and terrified me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

theres nowhere left to go but the places that kicked my rear end and terrified me

New Modest Mouse album title

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

aww my dude wasn't lying about hearing that music, sad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

aww my dude wasn't lying about hearing that music, sad

Lol I feel bad for donating his body to science. But I wasn't gonna do it to the big friendly ogre and couldn't find any other eligible candidates

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also the miniboss fight in the castle dojo is the most incredibly badass samurai poo poo . It took me a million tries but I think my successful run was under 2 minutes long -- he dies super quickly but shreds your health with a single combo and successfully parrying him felt so badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So uhh if I resurrect and die again, my allies will get more and more sick, but will that also happen if I just choose to die WITHOUT resurrecting at all?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So uhh if I resurrect and die again, my allies will get more and more sick, but will that also happen if I just choose to die WITHOUT resurrecting at all?

Correct . I think the only reason not to rez is just if the fight is hopeless and you want to give up early

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Also the miniboss fight in the castle dojo is the most incredibly badass samurai poo poo . It took me a million tries but I think my successful run was under 2 minutes long -- he dies super quickly but shreds your health with a single combo and successfully parrying him felt so badass

took me two tries cuz i just dodged left like bloodstarved beast lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the boss after him, howmstowherver———fuuuuuuuuuuuu

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

the boss after him, howmstowherver———fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just got home, hit the bowl, made a drink, and I'm about to challenge him. Good luck shinobi :cheers:

edit: :ninja:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

goferchan posted:

how did you successfully parry him. i must've died 20 times

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Gave all my friends AIDs. gaming mirrors real life

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm kind of torn on whether I miss the orange soapstones. It's such a cool system but on the other hand, even if you don't read them, just seeing them in the world is kind of a spoiler sometimes when there are like 15 crowded around a secret door or a cliff you can jump down to get an item . I didn't really notice til playing this how much easier they made exploration

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

how did you successfully parry him. i must've died 20 times

Mash L1 really fast like 6 times in a row. All I really had to do was take like a quarter of his lifebar off and after that parrying a single attack string and then using the footstool jump counter when he does his sweep attack was enough to let me deathblow him. I think I used the pocket sand item + a charged attack to chip the health off, rolling and then counterattacking felt way too dangerous

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I think the Fistful of Ash is really powerful, it has dangerously short range but it's worked on most bosses so far and the stun effect is super useful and everyone probably has like 80 of them in their inventory

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

miyazaki: alright, u beat the game where u cannot block. how about this time, every enemy blocks u. goodu rucko

I think this is something I don't like about it so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even the tiniest pussy bow users will 0 Frame pull out a Katana and insta parry a weak attack. Why. It just makes me feel like a dipshit.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Even the tiniest pussy bow users will 0 Frame pull out a Katana and insta parry a weak attack. Why. It just makes me feel like a dipshit.

it’ll feel epic once you start powering up and clowning on them, keep yr spirits up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I think this is something I don't like about it so far

It helped for me to think about how the health bar and posture bar interact . If an enemy's lost some vitality already , them blocking your attacks is still a win for you because it's putting you closer to breaking their posture. The pattern that works on a lot of humanoid guys for me is dodging attacks and getting in quick hits to chip at their health, and then around 50% just all-out attacking them while they block you and only stopping to parry poo poo .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Bow and gun guys are basically just free health packs for me now :twisted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im dead-angling those little shrimps, no lock-on, dancing around them, blocking and attacking from midair

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

good exp farming run is Gun Fort idol, turn around and backstab dude for almost 300, takes 10 seconds to reset the idol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

good exp farming run is Gun Fort idol, turn around and backstab dude for almost 300, takes 10 seconds to reset the idol

Yeah if you put the demon bell on while you do it I think it gives you 360. *studio audience chimes in* AND! DONT! FORGET! THE! FORLORN! WOLF! COAT!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Holy poo poo midair prosthetic tools is such a simple yet powerful upgrade . It has massively expanded my move set

edit: it really is crazy how this game has so many skill trees but manage to make them all interesting . Nioh had a cool idea with the skill trees but there was a bunch of bullshit "+5% spear damage" stuff on there that just takes the fun out of it . Almost every upgrade here feels really exciting to get , and once you start upgrading prosthetics they get extremely versatile

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

its very funny that bloodborne was all “haha, shields engender a mmmmm certain passivity. have a gun” and this one is all “mash that fuckin block button, block while your jumping, block while parrying, lock it down”

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think the general Satisfaction Per Boss Beaten ratio for me in this game has been better than any souls title. Probably because when you actually have a winning fight it just clicks and you feel like a god. Multiple times now I've lost a dozen times in a row on someone only to go back and completely dunk on them without even using a resurrection

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

its very funny that bloodborne was all “haha, shields engender a mmmmm certain passivity. have a gun” and this one is all “mash that fuckin block button, block while your jumping, block while parrying, lock it down”

Its really loving me up that every souls game (and even bloodborne to an extent) is "keep your distance and attack when you can" while this one is all about getting up their butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

whats gun fort........