Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Accident Underwater posted:

HM NXT fatal 5 way 3/20/19

Hell yeah that was good

Agreed on this one and surprised there isn't more love for it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Cup Semi Final, 23rd March

Mother fucker these two work well together

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii - New Japan Cup Semi-Finals 3/23

The chemistry these two have is out of this world, and the reversals, transitions, callbacks and the fact you could easily buy every single nearfall was utterly sensational. Match felt about 1/4th as long as it actually was I was so engaged in it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jesus WEP posted:

Hell yeah nth

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura, AJPW Dream Power Series 2019 Day 6, 3/19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: SANADA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Cup Semi-Final 3/23

A really, really, really good match that just had the misfortune of following Okada/Ishii. Both guys played their parts so well and SANADA really showcased that he belongs with the top guys in New Japan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: SANADA vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW Cup Semi Final, March 23rd

This was never gonna live up to the semi main but still was a drat good match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: SANADA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Cup Semi-Final 3/23

A really, really, really good match that just had the misfortune of following Okada/Ishii. Both guys played their parts so well and SANADA really showcased that he belongs with the top guys in New Japan.

Nthing both of these

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura, AJPW Dream Power Series 2019 Day 6, 3/19

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Absolutely. The most fun I've had watching wrestling in a long time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Okada vs Ishii
HM: Tanahashi vs Sanada

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

agreed

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: SANADA vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW CUP Final, March 24th

I’m not sure if this tops Ishii/Okada but it was a hell of a match that just flew past and had some of the cleverest spots I’ve seen in ages, and the most convincing nearfalls to boot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: SANADA vs. Kazuchika Okada - New Japan Cup Final 3/24

Started slow but the back half picked up and the last quarter was loving sensational. My heart was in my throat throughout, simply amazing performances by both.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Started slow but the back half picked up and the last quarter was loving sensational. My heart was in my throat throughout, simply amazing performances by both.

Yes to this, holy loving poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nth-ing Okada/SANADA

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

motyc sanada okada njc final

god drat

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jesus WEP posted:

I’m not sure if this tops Ishii/Okada but it was a hell of a match that just flew past and had some of the cleverest spots I’ve seen in ages, and the most convincing nearfalls to boot

So good

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Venomous posted:

NTH. This ruled. Kento is really good and the top two matches on that card were awesome. Do I need to start watching more AJPW or was this an exception?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Okada vs Sanada. Loved how they fooled me the last few minutes. Not on nearfalls but they'd set up sequences and counters that seemed so obvious, then add a little twist, then do something totally unexpected. Really good stuff. Okada did do the best version of the lazy horrible Jeff Jarrett raise one arm kickout I've seen in years though. He actually made it seem like he was too hosed up to do anything more, and unlike Jeff he actually got his shoulder up.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC: Okada-SANADA NJC finals 3-24-19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Akileese posted:

Do I need to start watching more AJPW or was this an exception?

Nah, imo AJPW's main event scene is a lot better than NJPW's these days. Definitely watch more AJPW, they rule. Champion Carnival is coming up next month, so that'll be a great place to start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Okada did do the best version of the lazy horrible Jeff Jarrett raise one arm kickout I've seen in years though. He actually made it seem like he was too hosed up to do anything more, and unlike Jeff he actually got his shoulder up.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who saw that and immediately thought,"Wait, is that what Jeff Jarrett thought he was doing all these years?" :lol:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Yes oh yes

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

This, but also
HM: Juice Robinson vs Chase Owens - New Japan Cup Final 3/24

I thought this match was a lot of fun, and did a good job executing a classic formula.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito & Yuki Iino) (c) vs. Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Six Man Championship - DDT Into the Fight (3/21)

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1111222682480107521?s=19

Free to watch, really a great match where Takeshita showed rare glimpses of personality. Best parts being the hoss offs between Iino and Hashimoto.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito & Yuki Iino) (c) vs. Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Six Man Championship - DDT Into the Fight (3/21)

Free to watch, really a great match where Takeshita showed rare glimpses of personality. Best parts being the hoss offs between Iino and Hashimoto.

2nd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

3rd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Not sure how many people will actually watch this, but if I can get just one person to watch and realise how good the younger, cooler Asuka is then I'll consider it a mission accomplished.

MOTYC: Nanae Takahashi (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the Sea Championship - SEAdLINNNG Luckiest 2019 (3/20)

https://rutube.ru/video/395b0759ef61237193d3ceeb9c42f4bb

Asuka just goes for it right from the outset. Hate Nanae so much so watching Asuka fling chair after chair at her was very cathartic. Asuka hitting the Io Shirai moonsault off the Korakuen staircase and then jumping up to do her little dance was so cool too.

Might be my MOTY if not for joshi HHH putting herself over once again.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I hastily watched that match over my lunchbreak and while I need to watch it again to actually get a good rating for it I’m confident enough to second it: ASUKA is a very good professional wrestler.

I’ll also nth the Kengo/Nomura All Japan match as well.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HM: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Killer Kross, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 4/4

Yay!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Yay!

Seconding

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

EugeneJ posted:

Yay!
Third! Was good

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, I'll 4th. Bloodsport has been a lot better this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Masashi Takeda vs. Jonathan Gresham, Bloodsport, 4/4

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also a very good match! Better than Smith/Kross

Nthing