Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Macaluso posted:

Put Papyrus in Smash Bros Nintendo

He gets Sans’ invite by mistake cuz Sans never checks the mail.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Your Computer posted:

Baba is also incredibly good. It's the most clever puzzle game in recent memory, just be aware for extreme brain hurts.

Can confirm.

Source: my brain hurts

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Finally watching the latest Nindies direct. Can I just get a Nindies subscription? Almost every game looks awesome. They knocked it out of the park with this one. If Ninty stock doesnt go up on monday, investors are on crack.

E: and freaking Nuclear Throne FINALLY. Any word on how it runs?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

Finally watching the latest Nindies direct. Can I just get a Nindies subscription? Almost every game looks awesome. They knocked it out of the park with this one. If Ninty stock doesnt go up on monday, investors are on crack.

nintendo stock went down after google announced their thing, because the stock market is supremely stupid

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How are TWEWY: Final Remix's motion controls? A lot of reviewers seemed to absolutely loathe them but are they just like, completely unusable?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wario Ware: Indie Edition would be pretty rad not gonna lie

put me on this team, i will produce Wario Harvests Weed Garlic That Looks Suspiciously Like Weed

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Pylons posted:

How are TWEWY: Final Remix's motion controls? A lot of reviewers seemed to absolutely loathe them but are they just like, completely unusable?

I thought they were okay, I even played a little co-op with my sister. (Who admittedly is as much of a TWEWY vet as I am.) Worst case you might prefer other pins than you do in touch. The best thing is that with motion you can finally move by using the heckin analog stick!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

We really need some Switch Humble Bundles. I can’t afford all these awesome indie games otherwise.:smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Would be nice...

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I want metal gear tennis. I want Roy Campbell to have a die in Mario party. Give me a revengeance switch port.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

We really need some Switch Humble Bundles. I can’t afford all these awesome indie games otherwise.:smith:

I think there's been maybe... two Nintendo Humble Bundles ever? One was a WiiU/3DS bundle, and I think the other was a purely-3DS bundle?

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Gay Horney posted:

I want metal gear tennis. I want Roy Campbell to have a die in Mario party. Give me a revengeance switch port.

Give Metal Gear to a fighting game house like they did with Pokemon and Tekken. There's probably enough Metal Gears in the franchise to fill out a roster and we can recreate the MGS4 Ray vs. Rex punch fight, the second best part of that game (#1 was the Snake+Ocelot punch fight).

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

only if liquid ocelot's super attack involves him on a boat and killing everyone with finger guns

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looks like I have to create a Hong Kong eshop account to get whatever this DLC code is for DOA3 Scarlet (which is fun and looks surprisingly good I don't wanna hear it!). I'm not sure if DLC purchased on the Japan eshop will work, who knows.

Also did you know that Hong Kong doesn't even have an eshop? Just a page where you input a code that you've bought from another Hong Kong website. Bonkers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

only if liquid ocelot's super attack involves him on a boat and killing everyone with finger guns

and the move takes 40 minutes

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
finished mario odyssey, that was amazing. especially when findind out that the game actually continues after finishing it with new worlds. also space frogs

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've gone back to Odyssey after I left it at around 600 moons last year, and started to 100% the maps. It's good.

Luckily I cheated my way through the Darker Side before they patched out the exploit.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

anyone got any recommendations for old game ports on the eshop? I'm gonna get the Capcom beat'em up but anything else in that vein is cool too. I don't have a lot of nostalgia so just stuff that holds up well.

Also chill indies that I can play whenever are good too, stuff without a big time commitment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

not a bot posted:

finished mario odyssey, that was amazing. especially when findind out that the game actually continues after finishing it with new worlds. also space frogs

Guess what? Now the kid gloves come right off :toughguy:.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

anyone got any recommendations for old game ports on the eshop? I'm gonna get the Capcom beat'em up but anything else in that vein is cool too. I don't have a lot of nostalgia so just stuff that holds up well.

Also chill indies that I can play whenever are good too, stuff without a big time commitment.

Into the Breach isn't "chill" by nature, because of the gameplay you can be a bit stressed but it's a good stress. It is very pick up and play and sessions don't have to be long, though you may be tempted to "one more turn" it. On easier difficulties, especially once you've mastered the ideas, it can be very cool to just smash some bugs.

Stardew Valley, is another "one more turn" but days are fairly short and it's incredibly chill. You're under no pressure to just make your farm a success and to meet with people around town. If you liked N64/PS1 era Harvest Moons you'll enjoy this one.

Baba Is You... I also need to buy but has gotten rave reviews as a good puzzler. I imagine it's good for short bursts but it'll hurt your brain in a good way.

Wargroove seems to promise Advance War likes tactics with worse maps, or so I hear. If it's anything like AW it's probably good at pick up and play.

Not indie but Captain Toad is pretty cheap and is good for short bits but it can be a bit easy if you're not going for all the rewards. Like wise with Starlink. It's super chill just flying around and blowing up poo poo. But be sure to get it cheap, it's had some ridiculous sales, less often for the digital versions, but there's no point in shelling out a lot of money for it because the game is genuinely a bit light on content.

I'd avoid Okami, as far as nostalgia goes. It's not bad, but it drags. Octopath is great for old RPG itches, though with FFIX out and the other PS1/PS2 FF's coming out maybe it's unnecessary.

There are some very good roguelikes. Necrodancer is fun and rhythm based, and with the new Zelda sequel it could be a good time to check it out. You will need to play with music though. Nuclear Throne just came out out. It's a bullet-hell like rogue-like. Everyone seems to love it, I haven't gotten it yet, cause I remembered just before purchasing how much I dislike bullet-hell, even if I do love how the game looks so I may still get it. Binding of Isaac a lot of people love but I personally hate the aesthetic, but you can't get a better rogue like it seems.

There's a Where's Waldo like Little People that I still haven't gotten but seems chill and cute. Wally if you're British. Charlie for the French.

Similarly, I never picked up Marble it Up but it seems like a chill racing game with a Super Monkey Ball aesthetic with marbles.

Writing this I realize there's a lot of games I'd like to buy still!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Toad is really chill and the new DLC is good (except that drat rotating discs one :argh: )

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As for old games, the Megaman legacy collection games are excellent if you like Megaman. The SNK archive is cool if you're an old game nerd, but if you want games that hold up well, I can't recommend it. Have you checked out the NES games that come with the online sub? There's some good stuff in there, major NES classics and some interesting lesser known titles. There's a ton of NeoGeo titles, but I haven't played them, so can't give a recommend. The Sonic 1 port is very well done, but, well, it's Sonic 1.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ColdPie posted:

There's a ton of NeoGeo titles, but I haven't played them, so can't give a recommend.

Once it latches on, you can't ever get that Puzzle Bobble monkey off your back :shepface:.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Captain Toad is really chill and the new DLC is good (except that drat rotating discs one :argh: )

Yeah I picked it up when it was on sale with the DLC, and it's just a super chill puzzle game with a really great aesthetic.

There's a good amount of content on hand as well. Absolutely worth a pickup if you're after a nice simple '5min at a time' type game.

Going back to 100% each Chapter now. It's been a lot of fun.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

My right joycon's SL button (the L button when you use a single joycon) isn't working anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Sending it to Nintendo is not an option as they don't operate in the country I live at all.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

a7m2 posted:

My right joycon's SL button (the L button when you use a single joycon) isn't working anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Sending it to Nintendo is not an option as they don't operate in the country I live at all.

Nintendo suggests using a soft toothbrush on the buttons, but I don't know how well it works on the SL/SR buttons. Worth a try at least. If that doesn't help, you might have to use some solvent for electrical devices.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Genesis collection has plenty of beat em ups and overall is a decent selection of Genesis games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pylons posted:

They're really bad IF you play with just one. The touchscreen controls for the partner does not translate well to the joycon.

HOWEVER the true and godlike way to play this game is in co-op mode by yourself. One joycon in each hand controlling one character per joycon. It's the closest thing to how the original worked and once you get the hang of it you're actually way stronger than even the touchscreen controls because the control you have over the partner lets you dish out huge amounts of damage.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Chill Penguin posted:

Nuclear throne runs great. I want to elaborate that it's more of a twin-stick shooter and less of a bullet hell than Gungeon.

It's so much more fast-paced, i've been enjoying having it be portable. You can pick it up and do a quick run in just a few minutes (because you will die)

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Nintendo suggests using a soft toothbrush on the buttons, but I don't know how well it works on the SL/SR buttons. Worth a try at least. If that doesn't help, you might have to use some solvent for electrical devices.

I just brush the button?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

put me on this team, i will produce Wario Harvests Weed Garlic That Looks Suspiciously Like Weed

would definitely play Harvest Wario

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

a7m2 posted:

I just brush the button?

In a way that the brushes hairs gets inside the gap. Hopefully that'll dislodge whatever is stopping the button from registering.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

You wouldn't need to buy any upgradeable farm equipment in Harvest Wario because Wario accomplishes all tasks with shoulder barges and butt slams.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Silver Snail posted:

You wouldn't need to buy any upgradeable farm equipment in Harvest Wario because Wario accomplishes all tasks with shoulder barges and butt slams.

So you upgrade his shoulders and butt s

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Wario's farming pants have a "crust" stat that makes them harder and more durable the longer they go without washing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

a7m2 posted:

I just brush the button?

Yes, they call it “cleaning”

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Silver Snail posted:

Wario's farming pants have a "crust" stat that makes them harder and more durable the longer they go without washing.

His plow codpiece is only unlocked after beating the game once, though

Oh wait that's the unlockable waluigi kit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I picked it up when it was on sale with the DLC, and it's just a super chill puzzle game with a really great aesthetic.

There's a good amount of content on hand as well. Absolutely worth a pickup if you're after a nice simple '5min at a time' type game.

Going back to 100% each Chapter now. It's been a lot of fun.

Would you recommend 100%ing as you go along, as I am, that is I don't continue till I 100% a level. Or just beating it and then getting the ones you missed, which is what it seems you're doing.

Ignite Memories posted:

Nuclear throne runs great. I want to elaborate that it's more of a twin-stick shooter and less of a bullet hell than Gungeon.

It's so much more fast-paced, i've been enjoying having it be portable. You can pick it up and do a quick run in just a few minutes (because you will die)

What other twin-stick shooters are there? I can't remember if I liked the genre. Is Geometry Wars one of those? It was pretty much the only Xbox Live Arcade game I ever bought, alongside Castle Crashers. It was pretty neat, and very very pretty, but I was pretty bad at it but I eventually got better with practice.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the other two big indie roguelites are also twin-stick shooters, mainly Gungeon and Binding of Isaac. Gungeon is way too slow-paced for my liking and Isaac only fires in cardinal directions (it's also the most random and loot-dependent of the three; that either ruins the game for you or is part of the fun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I played Nuclear Throne a bit on PC and I liked it more than Gungeon. The pace is faster and there's less loss through attrition.