Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

ChocNitty posted:

bad game launches, horrible bugs, cheaters using mods, ... freezing and crashing

The rest has a point, but this is 100% as true for the console as for pc. Especially in the many (many!) cases of the same game being released for pc and console (like the one you posted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

But if there was a new MMO that was as great as WoW was in the mid 2000’s, i’d be ordering parts on newegg right now. But the MMO community seems to be fragmented into many games that are average, or still in beta.

Elder Scrolls Online.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Everything from that post would make sense in 2009, but is so backwards and weird in 2019.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ChocNitty posted:

But if there was a new MMO that was as great as WoW was in the mid 2000’s, i’d be ordering parts on newegg right now. But the MMO community seems to be fragmented into many games that are average, or still in beta.

Runescape :q:

which, apparently is not only still around, but has a dozen full time devs plugging away at it :aaaaa:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Runescape :q:

which, apparently is not only still around, but has a dozen full time devs plugging away at it :aaaaa:

I played that game a stupid amount right up until they started charging for it.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ChocNitty posted:

I’d just rather play my games on the comfort of my couch, on the big screen, and not worry

I already do with with my computer, with an Xbox controller, sooooooooooooo I have no idea what you're on about :confused:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Finally upgraded to a Cintiq 27HD Touch so I can draw star trek characters more smoothly and intuitively, with reduced parallax.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

Finally upgraded to a Cintiq 27HD Touch so I can draw star trek characters more smoothly and intuitively, with reduced parallax.

Gonna need proof of this. The drawings that is.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pick posted:

Jealous as gently caress. I joined a new studio and some of my new studio mates have those. Beats the hell out of my old-rear end 21ux.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thanks, I have literally no intentions or ambitions for it except to fulfill tumblr requests for star trek slash fanart. I'd really want one at work if that were my job, drawing goerdi's rear end has been a treat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tease

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is Lowtax sick?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

okay here's an odoodle

Seriously, the reactivity is great. Very natural. It'll never be quite the same but it's nice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What's wrong with that dude's ears? Please tell me his whole race isn't as bad at ears.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Solice Kirsk posted:

What's wrong with that dude's ears? Please tell me his whole race isn't as bad at ears.

That’s Odo man.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pick posted:

okay here's an odoodle

Seriously, the reactivity is great. Very natural. It'll never be quite the same but it's nice.

Ok I’m impressed. Good poo poo.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New Camera, a scrub tier Nikon body, the FT2. And a chonky 135 f/2.8

I've been wanting a second 35mm body for a while so I can load up black and white in one and colour in the other. This was as a good enough price point to have a stab but I might onsell it and get another Minolta or K-Mount body.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My son is turning 13 and is really really into music so I pre-ordered the new Bad Religion album and hoodie for him

And a new T-shirt for me

Also a bunch of random car parts for our father-son project

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
That’s good dadding.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oooooo, whatcha building?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oooooo, whatcha building?

1985 Mazda RX7. It’s pretty much done at this point, just needs a radio installed and we might throw on some fender flares we have laying around, but I am not loving the idea of drilling into the rust-free body to install them.

We bought the car for $800 and we’ve done front brakes/calipers, Racing Beat/Holley intake, electric fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, Racing Beat exhaust, new hatch struts, new wheels and tires, new wiper arms, and some other odds and ends.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pick posted:

okay here's an odoodle

This is good.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Teaching your son the mysteries of the spinning triangle of blown apex seals is peak dadding.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I bought some propane and propane accessories.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Imperador do Brasil posted:

1985 Mazda RX7. It’s pretty much done at this point, just needs a radio installed and we might throw on some fender flares we have laying around, but I am not loving the idea of drilling into the rust-free body to install them.

We bought the car for $800 and we’ve done front brakes/calipers, Racing Beat/Holley intake, electric fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, Racing Beat exhaust, new hatch struts, new wheels and tires, new wiper arms, and some other odds and ends.

Looks really pretty man!

MA-Horus posted:

Teaching your son the mysteries of the spinning triangle of blown apex seals is peak dadding.

I have no idea why, but I've always loved the Wankel engine. Every summer a not so small part of me thinks about buying an RX-7 or RX-8. If I didn't live in Chicago I probably would have by now. It's just only having 3 months a year to really enjoy it isn't enough.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:

Bought a new table.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Doom Rooster posted:

I bought some propane and propane accessories.

Slick cannibal starter pack!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My son is turning 13 and is really really into music so I pre-ordered the new Bad Religion album and hoodie for him

And a new T-shirt for me

Also a bunch of random car parts for our father-son project

Dude. Yes.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solice Kirsk posted:

Looks really pretty man!

I have no idea why, but I've always loved the Wankel engine. Every summer a not so small part of me thinks about buying an RX-7 or RX-8. If I didn't live in Chicago I probably would have by now. It's just only having 3 months a year to really enjoy it isn't enough.

I live in PA so we can’t enjoy it all year long either but I keep buying the drat things. I actually have a crappy shell of an FC sitting around with a streetported TII motor in it as well as some other goodies, waiting for the day where I don’t work 7 days a week and can actually strip it out. Possible future drivetrain for the FB.

It’s a pretty crappy body but a good drivetrain

MA-Horus posted:

I’ve now had seven FBs and FCs in the past 20 years. My kid is decidedly mentally stuck in the 1982-1997 period and when I bought this he immediately said he wanted it as his first car. This one has 85k miles!

The first drive we took got this reaction:

And every ride since has been even better. The first ride after the new carb setup, where we could hit 7,000 rpm without stumbles and the motor running out of breath, was a revelation for him.

This is how proud he is of the car

We also recently purchased this and have been working on it during the winter. Mikuni carb, some odds and ends. Hits about 35 just in our driveway

Today we gave him his birthday present:

So he’s definitely a cool kid

Imperador do Brasil has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Mar 24, 2019

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m like 25 but can you adopt me?

Seriously, great job parenting.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Konig Rewinds will always have a special place in my heart, a set of 15x7 Graphite with Polished Lip were the first aftermarket set of wheels I ever purchased for my '86 Corolla GTS Hatch. Great choice!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You're a good dad, Imperador do Brasil

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m like 25 but can you adopt me?

Seriously, great job parenting.

Yeah, seconding this at 27.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

poo poo, is that what its like having a father? I'm gonna have to take notes in case I somehow have kids.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Haha thanks for all the support, everyone. My parents were cool but not into cars or music so I learned it all on my own. When my older son showed interest in all the things I’m interested in, I knew I had to jump on it and encourage. It’s nice not being completely destitute anymore like we were right before he was born so I am enjoying letting him do the things he loves. He has helped me on a bunch of my project cars, and learned to drive stick when he was 9 because he was so into cars. My wife is also super supportive and encouraging of everything we do, which is a big help.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a fried vermicelli with chicken, and two spring rolls. Unfortunately I won't be able to take a photo of them for several ours, as I already ate it all.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I may have gotten a little buzzed and bought some deep-section aero wheels for my bike.

They are ridiculous and I have nowhere near the skill or power to make use of their full potential but, welp, this year's bike-related treat was going to be some aero wheels, so here we are.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

green with envy about something money can’t buy in the PYF fav purchase thread :argh:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A jacket for my English stereotype cosplaying needs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
some real goddam good parents itt goddam