Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
probably after the boss i havent killed....are there other places to go in ashina castle other than the dojo at the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

probably after the boss i havent killed....are there other places to go in ashina castle other than the dojo at the top

probably. im up to like 8 or 9 different areas listed in the warp menu without having beat the dojo guy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i wish i could remember how i got there, its been a big day lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just going to wander around for a whille

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s not a huge help but dont forget to check the world map with Triangle/Y from the warp menu. good luck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

scary ghost dog posted:

Yes there are way too many other places to go lol and gun fort is one . I think the first idol says "sunken valley entrance" or something like that, look for spots on the edge of the castle walls where you can descend

edit: and maybe swim around the moat a little bit once you're inside, can't remember if that got me there specifically but you have a ton of branching paths at that point. For Gun Fort follow the snow

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 24, 2019

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

theres a miniboss’s health bar that you can lock on to at the bottom of one of the moats and it stresses me the fuuuck out

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s not a huge help but dont forget to check the world map with Triangle/Y from the warp menu. good luck

this isnt actually helpful at all lol. looks cool though. i wish bloodborne had a big weird victorian city map like this one

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
This game is so good the vocabulary we have to talk about games isn't enough to describe the combat.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sex Tragedy posted:

This game is so good the vocabulary we have to talk about games isn't enough to describe the combat.

Chill tf out

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

HORMELCHILI posted:

Chill tf out

Rude. Seems to me like calling it complex or deep doesn't cut it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hit, parry, dodge, block seems to do just fine

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

New Modest Mouse album title

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have no idea how far i am in the game or if theres alternate endings or anything but i cant wait to do a second playthrough where I know what im doing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

have no idea how far i am in the game or if theres alternate endings or anything but i cant wait to do a second playthrough where I know what im doing

I know i've completely hosed up any and all NPC quests lol. Also I looked at the trophies and there are 4 endings apparently

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

I know i've completely hosed up any and all NPC quests lol.

i probably have too if DS3 is anything to go by lol but I usually never ever do NPC quests in these games unless there's some Epic Content behind them, like how in DS2 youd miss out on a whole boss fight if you didn't complete a certain covenant.

this game is all I can think about god

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

When I assume a boss only has the displayed number of health bars and finally deplete them after 100 attempts and then he pops up for a second phase:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I beat the general miniboss and found the chained ogre but I’m missing the axe and fire tools, and I haven’t seen the estates or whatever I’ve seen mentioned. Did I miss a divergent path at the begging? I’ve been searching for an hour and I just can’t figure out where I went wrong

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I beat the general miniboss and found the chained ogre but I’m missing the axe and fire tools, and I haven’t seen the estates or whatever I’ve seen mentioned. Did I miss a divergent path at the begging? I’ve been searching for an hour and I just can’t figure out where I went wrong

Did you find the friendly NPCs a little ways before the ogre? The mom gives you a prayer bead which you can offer to the buddha statue next to the sculptor. That's your ticket to Estates

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Did you find the friendly NPCs a little ways before the ogre? The mom gives you a prayer bead which you can offer to the buddha statue next to the sculptor. That's your ticket to Estates

Nope, I’ll look again thanks

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

yea. though the chained ogre can be beaten without them .. not that ive done it yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

When I assume a boss only has the displayed number of health bars and finally deplete them after 100 attempts and then he pops up for a second phase:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Just found out by reading the loading screen tips that posture restores faster when you hold guard, seemingly the opposite of what fromsoft games have taught you to do in the past

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Just found out by reading the loading screen tips that posture restores faster when you hold guard, seemingly the opposite of what fromsoft games have taught you to do in the past

Yeah it has the side effect of making most bosses rush your rear end down though . They love that + punishing healing in this game lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fighting the mini boss general, getting whooped before I take off any health and accidentally hitting revive, then proceeded to perfectly block like 15 attacks and get the kill. This game is so loving good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

just totally cheesed the tuscan raider guy in the poison swamp by kiting him to stand in the poison and whittle down his health bar while i went and made my coffee Epic fromsoft win

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

btw, since the game never makes it clear: you dont get penalized for resurrecting. its when you fully die and go back to the lantern that dragonrot can happen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's everyone's help % at. I'm down to a pitiful 10%, I've started getting dragonrot notifications for NPCs I haven't even met yet

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ashina castle roofs:

i swear to god the person coming screaming down from the kite is like the coolest poo poo in the world. i loving love it so much. first time i saw it from afar it reminded me of the mario odyssey tostarena powerlines, lol i was so unprepared for it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

ashina castle roofs:

i swear to god the person coming screaming down from the kite is like the coolest poo poo in the world. i loving love it so much. first time i saw it from afar it reminded me of the mario odyssey tostarena powerlines, lol i was so unprepared for it

i screamed this game is so good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

What's everyone's help % at. I'm down to a pitiful 10%, I've started getting dragonrot notifications for NPCs I haven't even met yet

Like 12% and I’ve been getting those too lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

im at full AIDS and sitting on 3% and am scared of using the restores cause they seem extremely rare lol so everyones been death rattling the whole game.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

i got down to 7 before i popped a tear. not sure at what point it happened but old bell lady and her son both died RIP not sure who else if anyone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

extremebuff posted:

im at full AIDS and sitting on 3% and am scared of using the restores cause they seem extremely rare lol so everyones been death rattling the whole game.

Ive found 3 so far

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

btw, since the game never makes it clear: you dont get penalized for resurrecting. its when you fully die and go back to the lantern that dragonrot can happen

thank you!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

9, but i got all the quest lines i found started before they got the rot. theres an item that can clear it though ... ive found 4 generals and killed them all.. no bosses just yet though but im prolly close to one.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i wonder if that guy who cuts your arm off at the start can be beaten. what happens then

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i think my only complaint about this game so far is that fall damage/death is sometimes inconsistent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i wonder if that guy who cuts your arm off at the start can be beaten. what happens then

he can, lobos has a video where he does it if you want to see it, i didnt want to watch just yet but its probably like demons souls where it gfves you a little bonus and then forces the death anyway