Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Extella Link is so good. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Babylonia Anime coming out in October.

https://twitter.com/FGOAP_ep7/status/1109661239087554560?s=20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

breaking my rule of not doing 10-pulls was right

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Today I learned that the Yagyu we summon is from F/GO's normal human history, and is apparently way better than the Yagyu we fight in Shimosa.

EDIT: Also a new PV is out for an upcoming event in F/GO and it looks to be a serious story centered around Kiara and Sakura/Parvati, with guest appearances by Historically Accurate Old Man, Mata Hari, Scheherazde, and enemies from Devil May Cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqpRNTs5A4

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 24, 2019

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Collab event for El Melloi case files announced. It’s probably going to spoil people.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i regret to inform you all kiara is horny again

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I hope that guy isn't a new Servant, I kinda think the historically accurate looking dull old man quota has been fulfilled with Yagyu

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't talk about your sitting grandfather that way

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
rear end my rear end

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

OnimaruXLR posted:

I hope that guy isn't a new Servant, I kinda think the historically accurate looking dull old man quota has been fulfilled with Yagyu

The page has a notice saying the only new servant is Kama.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Avici unlocked, and boy am I glad I have Waver and NP5 Zerkalot to just completely ignore trying to build a team for it, allowing me to faceroll while also getting in all my event mat boosts. I love 4 turn clears!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's actually a good budget team to 4t the node, with room for 2 drop/point boosts. you just need to have the scaling batteries for some characters maxed.

Arash/Spartacus/Waver - Janta/Chloe/Nobu+event CE

basically the aoes use 50% NP CEs and clear a wave each and then you plugsuit in Chloe to NP Okita, with facecards handling cleanup on her and the big nobbu.

e: you might need to have raised Spartacus's buster up as well, not sure

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 24, 2019

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

Put more old men in the game imo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Free markets and open guilds for everybody imo ftw

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

there's actually a good budget team to 4t the node, with room for 2 drop/point boosts. you just need to have the scaling batteries for some characters maxed.

Arash/Spartacus/Waver - Janta/Chloe/Nobu+event CE

basically the aoes use 50% NP CEs and clear a wave each and then you plugsuit in Chloe to NP Okita, with facecards handling cleanup on her and the big nobbu.

e: you might need to have raised Spartacus's buster up as well, not sure

Hey this works pretty good, way better than what i had come up with. So, thanks!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Put more old men in the game imo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, there's no way I can grind this final level. It's way too hard for my current undeveloped cast of characters. I was only really able to grind the other levels because I could rely heavily on a friend servant who was strong against the class of all the enemies; I haven't been playing this account long enough to have a cast of high level characters that can handle it. I'll beat it once using my command seal rez just to get the item from it, but grinding is out of the question.

edit: On the upside getting the full 1500000 points looks like it'll be pretty easy since these last once-a-day quests are giving like 100k+ each. Already passed the 1M threshold, so at least I accomplished the most important goal of getting Nobu to NP5.

edit2: Also I'm pretty sure that the level for grinding the silver item is better for getting the gold item than the level this farming guide recommends as second best for the gold one. It seems to drop at least as many of the gold items, in addition to enough of the silver item to convert into 8-9 additional gold items.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 24, 2019

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Dandy old men are powerful

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Mata Hari gets time to shine again, hell yeah. :buddy:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Cuntellectual posted:

And possibly an animation update, fingers crossed

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

"Again" implies there's been a time before this.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Okita finally coughed out all her blood and become a spooky Shinsenghost.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Here I am, still doing Tapana for the silver mats.If I chomp a few apples I can completely clear the shop, I am sure, and thanks to a couple of CE drops I will also probably clear the points ladder this time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Hey this works pretty good, way better than what i had come up with. So, thanks!

np! i shamelessly stole it from here https://youtu.be/nT3K1AURjWw

it can also be tweaked a bit in terms of cost/order/CE. e.g. i'm running Arash with MLB Element and firing his NP with no buffs, using the followup cards to finish Mata Hari. then the Waver buffs can be saved for Chloe since mine doesn't have a maxed battery. this also allows me to run Fran as the aoe zerker since she has less trouble hitting the damage threshold needed.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Based on my drops I need to do 28 runs which is 1120 AP and there's less than 1000 AP left.

gently caress, time to eat a couple of apples.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

She was rather important in Salem, people were disappointed she didn't get an animation update back then too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mata hari np update to make it like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceu_huGLQMg

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

There's some guy with brown hair I don't recognize, is he a servant?! I don't remember him from that story. :ssh:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it wouldn't be as groundbreaking if it was gilgamesh romancing gudako

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know Mata Hari is never going to be good, but as one of four people who grailed her I'm obliged to hope her first skill becomes something useful.

Speaking of grails, how do you people tend to use them?

On JP I gave almost all of them to Mata Hari, Kiyozerker, and Medusa, then gave one to a few other servents I liked (Lobo, BB, MHXX).

On NA I put the servents I liked the most to max (Okita and Jalter, also Melt eventually) then tossed single ones onto other people I liked but not as much (Salter, Kiyolancer, Smoldusa, Gorgon).

Grailing for gameplay is, naturally, not even worth consideration.

Dr Pepper posted:

She had a good showing in Salem.

It'd be nice if she got a passive or something :unsmith:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 24, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think pretty much every rule i have about grails is also one i've broken or intend to break

don't grail SSRs (going to grail Spartacus to 100, which is equally inefficient post-lv90)
don't grail casters (grailing hans to 90)
don't grail assassins (going to grail izou to at least 80)

otherwise i mostly plan to use them on R and SR knight class servants

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

Medusa to max, Gorgon to max, smol Medusa to max once I'll have enough grails.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was thinking of taking all 3 Tamamos I have to 100, but qp costs spooked me. A 90 Cat is fine for now. Threw a couple at some good bronzes, but I've been way too stingy with Grails overall.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Cuntellectual posted:

I know Mata Hari is never going to be good, but as one of four people who grailed her I'm obliged to hope her first skill becomes something useful.

On JP I gave almost all of them to Mata Hari, Kiyozerker, and Medusa, then gave one to a few other servents I liked (Lobo, BB, MHXX).

On NA I put the servents I liked the most to max (Okita and Jalter, also Melt eventually) then tossed single ones onto other people I liked but not as much (Salter, Kiyolancer, Smoldusa, Gorgon).

Grailing for gameplay is, naturally, not even worth consideration.

I grail for love, of course.

On JP, I grailed Angra to 100, Holmes to 100, Kidgamesh to 75, Robin Hood to 90, Hozoin Inshun to 90, Fuma Kotaro to 80, Jing ke to 75, Salieri to 80 an Mozart to 80

On NA, I grailed Emiya to 90, Babbage to 90, Cursed-Arm Hassan to 90, Arash to 70 and Asterios to 90.

There'S really no logic other than whatever I felt like at the time.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every character I like and use frequently gets exactly one grail to show my appreciation.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jalter, bryn, squirtoria to 100, ruler martha to 90

if i get casnero she's going to be 100

salter will probably get two grails, as will mhxx

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

After shifting plans a couple times re: who I wanted to grail, I've mostly settled on one favorite from each class, 5*s and Ilyas to 100, 4*s to 90. The queue as it stands is something like, in no particular order of priority,
-Ilya (done)
-Chloe (done)
-Jack (done)
-Nero
-Probably Lalter
-MHXA
-Probably Medb
-Sitonai

Past that point, I'm thinking I might end up spreading some around other Extra class Servants and having my All/Caster/Extra slots become a game of musical chairs between Ilya, Sitonai, ungrailed support casters, and Jalter/SMartha/Melt/BB/Abby in various states of partial grailing, but it's gonna be a good long while before I need to figure that out.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Tamacat to 100
Assassin Shiki to 90
Taiga to 90

Apparently I've unintentionally been grailing only cats :thunk:.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jalter, Musashi at 100.

Jalter Zerker, MHXX to 90.

Lalter's the weird one I grailed because it was like two weeks before Valkyrie came out and I almost never use Lalter again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Tamamo to 100
Tama-Cat to 100
In the process of getting Tama-Lancer to 100

I... kind of love Tamamo, if you couldn't tell. (And yes I am planning to grail Vicchi to 100 as well.)