Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miserable Maid posted:

Probably. That got funny jokes and stuff to make you laugh nowadays

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I wanna see Robocop bust up in there and say “you killed half of the living..but I’m not alive” then put a bullet in Thanos’ chin.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

RobattoJesus posted:

Superhero films are teaching our kids that the route to being a good person is atop a mountain of corpses.

Why can't Thor use his hammer to just fix people's toilets? That would be a real superhero.

Superhero films are teaching our kids that unaccountable authority figures with the power to act unilaterally against crime and criminals are more effective than due process.

Kids, wouldn’t it be great if there were a big strong man with the power to see into every home and stop crimes as they happen? Well that man exists and he’s called the gestapo! Yaaaay!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Superman helps those who help themselves!

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Superhero films are teaching our kids that unaccountable authority figures with the power to act unilaterally against crime and criminals are more effective than due process.

Kids, wouldn’t it be great if there were a big strong man with the power to see into every home and stop crimes as they happen? Well that man exists and he’s called the gestapo! Yaaaay!

Googleman, able to say don't "be evil out" of one side of his mouth while being cool with censored Chinese internet and hiring mostly white dudes.

Twitterman is only able to speak in 120 words or less at a time but at a frequency only Nazis (and Nazi dogs) can hear.

YouTube man uses algorithms to detect and remove potential evils before they even occur. Everyone likes YouTube man until his algorithms don't like them, at which point he is accused of both being a Fascist and an indoctrinator for for George Soros' NWO.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think I liked my superheroes better when they were crude metaphors for puberty and or being a minority.

OK I lied I never liked superheroes.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Im afraid to say this out loud but I have told my wife in confidence

I like Paul Rudd

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mods are asleep lets suck some dicks

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
google do be evil out

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
i hope the next one is putting star man on trial and then executed for being the main reason thanos was able to do his murder thing, all because he had to have a tantrum about his girlfriend.

also i want thanos to hang dong

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I want the next Avengers movie to be three hours of the surviving cast going through therapy and accepting that you can do everything right and still lose, because that's just life and I want to inject the misery and banality of life into my fun escapism power fantasies.

:same:

they are going to bring everyone back to life by reversing time or some other stupid deus ex machina and it's probably going to suck and make the first movie meaningless

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

:same:

they are going to bring everyone back to life by reversing time or some other stupid deus ex machina and it's probably going to suck and make the first movie meaningless
It’d be better if everyone who died was negotiating new contracts and they filmed multiple endings that would screw them over if things don’t go in Disney’s favor. That would keep it interesting and be delightfully hosed up.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
good fuckin thread

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
There have been exactly 3 good superhero movies in the past few years or so. Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, and Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
go back and watch the first thor movie. he looks like a complete mongo. his make-up got progressively better in later movies

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Back in the day, if you wanted to see a bad movie on opening day you had to camp outside the theatre

And the owns were better too because “aha you camped outside for two days to see lovely movie” is a lot more shaming than “you bought tickets online to see lovely movie”

*smokes corn cob pipe while rocking in chair staring off into the distance*

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
in my day we used to have to click over 500 fark links just to get one good lol to last the winter

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

go back and watch the first thor movie. he looks like a complete mongo. his make-up got progressively better in later movies

he also got more resigned and used to the physical training and poo poo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
John Wick shows up and shoots you in the face because this is a very bad thread.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

john wick was a good movie because it took itself the right amount of serious, avengers 3 (i think) was just for dorks who watched all the other 23 marvel movies that came out in the last 3 years

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I want to see the movie where black widow goes on a date with the hulk

not that dork bruce banner, just the hulk

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Does this one end with a massive Sausage Partyesque orgy? Rocket domming the Hulk is the logical conclusion to the series if you think about it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

They should make another Matrix movie but this time Neo is played by John Cena.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I might see it, but only if Captain Marvel is not in it!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

numberoneposter posted:

They should make another Matrix movie but this time Neo is played by John Cena.

They should make a Total Recall sequel except the Arnold dude is played by Keanu Reeves.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I might see it, but only if Captain Marvel is not in it!

I'd watch a movie with her called "STEEL VAGINA"

Her super power is cramming metal bars up her rear end to subvert expectations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

They should make a Total Recall sequel except the Arnold dude is played by Keanu Reeves.

They should make a Total Recall sequel but do it in the same spirit as Blade Runner: 2049 and have an aged Arnold do a cameo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

They should make a Total Recall sequel but do it in the same spirit as Blade Runner: 2049 and have an aged Arnold do a cameo.

but that would ruin the ambiguous ending of the first one :colbert:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

but that would ruin the ambiguous ending of the first one :colbert:

Would it? :smug:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

:yeah:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

X-Men 2 and Days of Future Past are more entertaining than any individual MCU movie.

Logan was really good too. Actually for superhero films I'd say Logan and Chronicle might be the best

Kinda funny since while both have superhero elements one is really a Western and the other is a drama about teenagers where one is messed up

Woden
May 6, 2006

Resting Lich Face posted:

There have been exactly 3 good superhero movies in the past few years or so. Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, and Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse.

I don't get the hype around that one, the multi-verse hopping was somewhat interesting but the story was filled with the same generic stuff as every other kids movie.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Woden posted:

I don't get the hype around that one, the multi-verse hopping was somewhat interesting but the story was filled with the same generic stuff as every other kids movie.

Also the artistic choices the film made with animation and art style were very daring and the soundtrack was good

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

daring?

e: is that a compliment

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

heeheex2 posted:

daring?

e: is that a compliment

Uh yes? The movie tried interesting new visuals and they paid off, IMO

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Still yet to meet an adult whose favorite type of movies are superhero movies that isn't insufferable, and I probably never will.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i dunno maybe it sucked

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DangerDongs posted:

Still yet to meet an adult whose favorite type of movies are superhero movies that isn't insufferable, and I probably never will.

In all fairness there probably aren’t any children whose favorite type of movies are superhero movies who also aren’t insufferable.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The reveal of Olivia Octavius was loving awesome and so was the chase through the forest after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
After 10 years of this my research (watching a lot of bad movies) has led me to the conclusion that superhero movies are better when they're in their own universe and not constantly referencing other superhero movies.