Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

etalian posted:

lol it's hilarious how people go overboard physically in method acting like how Christian Bale went from The Machinist to the Batman movies

Also this owns

https://twitter.com/oh_pollo/status/1109375825089040385

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srDVrEwPdg4

drat it, I had just saw this pop up on my Facebook, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What was the queen/exosuit fight like I wonder.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

happyhippy posted:

What was the queen/exosuit fight like I wonder.

It's a stage production of "Alien" not "Aliens", you moron, you absolute buffoon

Hoping they post a recording and do a sequel, though

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
extremely unpopular opinion: alien vs predator: colorado is good

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sunswipe posted:

This kind of thing always reminds me of Laurence Olivier's response to Dustin Hoffman staying awake for 72 hours prior to filming a scene in Marathon Man: "My dear boy, why don't you just try acting?"

I have never heard this and that's amazing

Also, I just remembered how much I love the "steam pipe scene" in Alien, where Yaphet Koto could just shut off the steam at any time but leaves it on so Ripley has to yell over it lol

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 23, 2019

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Riatsala posted:

It's a stage production of "Alien" not "Aliens", you moron, you absolute buffoon

Hoping they post a recording and do a sequel, though

gently caress I am blind.
Wonder what the dog burster part was like then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Copying from the RLM thread:

https://twitter.com/bhsdrew/status/1109508555701436416

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jesus loving christ when we did Camelot we got gray cable knit sweaters for "chainmail."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

"Get away from her, you bitch!" :haw:

Edit: the facehugger scene...
https://twitter.com/oh_pollo/status/1109376274173181953

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 23, 2019

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Holy poo poo, that's great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:allbuttons:

I was just about to post this from the Blessed thread.

edit: I can't get over this. Just seeing the pictures gave me goosebumps.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 23, 2019

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

504 posted:

The dog in the famous painting got killed and eaten by people it rescued. Boned.

I believe it was filleted.

:rimshot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is absolutely amazing and the best thing I’ve seen all day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

This is absolutely amazing and the best thing I’ve seen all day.

I hope they do a drama tour. My school was pretty good back in the day and they'd take trips to perform over the US.

That'd be awesome if someone recorded this.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

504 posted:

The dog in the famous painting got killed and eaten by people it rescued. Boned.

Urban legend my man.
They have his preserved body.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
It’s probably been said a bunch of times in this thread, but just to be sure: when the Ai starts counting down at the end of Aliens, start a timer and keep watch. It’s one of my favorite details of this movie for some reason.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

StarMinstrel posted:

It’s probably been said a bunch of times in this thread, but just to be sure: when the Ai starts counting down at the end of Aliens, start a timer and keep watch. It’s one of my favorite details of this movie for some reason.

I can’t remember if you can do the same thing in ‘Aliens’ or not. Like, I don’t think you can for the entire countdown to the AP station’s explosion, but you can for certain countdown milestones.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Xenomrph posted:

I can’t remember if you can do the same thing in ‘Aliens’ or not. Like, I don’t think you can for the entire countdown to the AP station’s explosion, but you can for certain countdown milestones.

Aliens was the one I had timed. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Alien did it too.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

This is what the tattoo looked like.

Skinny white girl.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I watched Alien tonight. It's still extremely good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Blow posted:

This is what the tattoo looked like.

Skinny white girl.

Nice

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

StarMinstrel posted:

Aliens was the one I had timed. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Alien did it too.

The timer's too fast in Alien, so it actually falls short of the 10 minutes MUTHR gives warning for. It's somewhere closer to around seven minutes, at least in the regular cut. With the deleted "cocooning" scene added back in it would probably hit the 10-minute mark though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here's some more footage with the Alien 3 test dog. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMX6hsvbO4

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Just came by to say I never made it past the 8th area in Isolation...too scary. I hid in a locker and turned the game off. Please don't think less of me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hell Stink posted:

Just came by to say I never made it past the 8th area in Isolation...too scary. I hid in a locker and turned the game off. Please don't think less of me.

Go back and finish it. You'll thank yourself after.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Hell Stink posted:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I thought the Working Joes in A:I were way scarier than the alien itself, because there are more of them, they're specifically designed to be uncanny valley as gently caress, and they're COMPLETELY SILENT.

Like you're trying to unlock a door and then suddenly

You're not supposed to be here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought the Working Joes in A:I were way scarier than the alien itself, because there are more of them, they're specifically designed to be uncanny valley as gently caress, and they're COMPLETELY SILENT.

Like you're trying to unlock a door and then suddenly

You're not supposed to be here.

Oh god, the neck "skin" on that thing makes it look terrifying. Reminds me of in Terminator, they could spot the first T-800 models (I think) because they had rubber skin.

Just something unnatural about it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In-game they're explained as being designed that way because Weyland-Yutani robots are too easily seen as real humans. It's brilliant.

Along similar lines the scene in Alien when Ash freaks out was a lot more disturbing than the alien.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 24, 2019

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Go back and finish it. You'll thank yourself after.

I don't know if I can. I want to.

Challenge half assed accepted.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh god, the neck "skin" on that thing makes it look terrifying. Reminds me of in Terminator, they could spot the first T-800 models (I think) because they had rubber skin.

Just something unnatural about it.

T-600s. Disappointed that we never see one in Salvation that hasn't been shot a few dozen times.

But yeah, he looks like a younger Mr. X...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Fister Roboto posted:

In-game they're explained as being designed that way because Weyland-Yutani robots are too easily seen as real humans. It's brilliant.

The best thing is this is a two-layered in-universe explanation. That's Steegson's marketing explanation. "Of COURSE everyone is more comfortable around obvious robots rather than those trying to blend in, and that's why we offer very obvious robot-men. They built a tagline around it: You Always Know a Working Joe.

But in actuality they'd love to be able to offer WY-like synths, they just aren't anywhere close to the proprietary technology to do so. There's some e-mails you can find between a junior exec on the station and a corporate espionage-doer trying to root out said trade secrets.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

T-600s. Disappointed that we never see one in Salvation that hasn't been shot a few dozen times.

Anyone else think Mr X looks like Dolph Lundgren?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Young Freud posted:

T-600s show up in an episode of the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series, they’re done as humans in makeup rather than practical puppets like in Salvation. The ones in the TV show are more Working Joe-esque and are more convincing than the movie ones, but like Kyle Reese said, “we spotted them easy.”

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Anyone else think Mr X looks like Dolph Lundgren?

Yes.

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Rewatched AVP. It's fun. The CGI is pretty good compared to Resurrection.

I liked that they customized the As and the Ps with battle damage. And the spin move ruled.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I just turned on Aliens OP

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I just turned on Aliens OP

:hai:

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I was 8 years old when I first saw Alien....I was at a friend's birthday sleepover and that was the movie the parents chose for us. We were all pretty scared after the pasta eating scene and I didn't sleep well at all.

Great film but not appropriate for kids that young, why the gently caress didn't they choose Star Wars or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol those parents rule