Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elderbean posted:

I played Nuclear Throne a bit on PC and I liked it more than Gungeon. The pace is faster and there's less loss through attrition.

NT is the ideal roguelike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think the other two big indie roguelites are also twin-stick shooters, mainly Gungeon and Binding of Isaac. Gungeon is way too slow-paced for my liking and Isaac only fires in cardinal directions (it's also the most random and loot-dependent of the three; that either ruins the game for you or is part of the fun).

To be fair BoI is fun. I just find it insanely ugly and gross. Eh for 12 euro I could do worse even if I don't like it.

Been thinking about Pillars of Eternity 2 as well. I wonder if it'll come out, and I should finish the first. That's a game I'd rather own physically though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Isaac isnt twin stick

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What other twin-stick shooters are there? I can't remember if I liked the genre. Is Geometry Wars one of those? It was pretty much the only Xbox Live Arcade game I ever bought, alongside Castle Crashers. It was pretty neat, and very very pretty, but I was pretty bad at it but I eventually got better with practice.

Geometry Wars, Smash TV, anything where you move with one stick and shoot with the other.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Isaac isnt twin stick

you're right it's twin d-pad

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Isaac isnt twin stick

someone hasn't played Isaac

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You're a twin stick!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I apologize, I don't know what's come over me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t want hints or spoilers I just want to vent and say WHAT THE HELL before getting back to it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Real hurthling! posted:

NT is the ideal roguelike

The best roguelite is Road Redemption.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rolo posted:

I don’t want hints or spoilers I just want to vent and say WHAT THE HELL before getting back to it.

Don't worry, not all the puzzles are that easy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Sam Faust posted:

I’m doing the equivalent of desperate pixel hunting in adventure games, I’m looking at every single square and figuring out what I can do with it.

It’s impossible.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rolo posted:

Lmao I was doing this exact one when I decided to take a forums break and lo and behold you and I are in this hell together

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sam Faust posted:

Is this baba is win?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I just got it too after like 4 hours!! Just needed to take a break and come back fresh.

COG IS gently caress

Rolo fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 24, 2019

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

pixaal posted:

Is this baba is win?

Can't be done because of the chunk of the pipe in the way below the WIN block

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

that's one of the levels I'm stuck on too, although for some reason the pc version has walls instead of pipes

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wait I think I got it stay tuned!

Edit: :cool:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Waiting for the loss edit parody

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

You are heading toward galaxy brain territory before long. I like to think I am a smart individual, but the later levels make me feel like an idiot. A clod. Just an absolute buffoon. I have no regrets looking up hints or solutions, because there is no way in hell I would have gotten any of the 3 levels I skipped. Though I can still appreciate how clever they are.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rolo posted:

This one took me ages too and now I can’t even remember what the solution is, christ.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The funny thing about that one is that I always knew what the final two steps were. I just didn't know how to set it up. It was clever.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

Wait I think I got it stay tuned!

Edit: :cool:

11 was the one that took me a week to figure out. Have fun with that one!

That other one was a bit tough too, but I got it after around 20-30 minutes or so.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Waiting for the loss edit parody

Baba is Push | Baba is Move

Baba is Stop | Baba is Defeat

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

Move is often harder on the Baba than it is on the Keke

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mega64 posted:

Baba is Stop | Baba is Empty

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Rolo posted:

This one is easy compared to what's to come. It's intended to teach you a really important "mechanic" so don't skip it, though.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 24, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

B^U is WORDS

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008
Update: after getting hover and walljump, Blaster Master Zero owns. Although if I had to nitpick, the dash counter seems to be an instant win button. That's okay because keeping max gun level and swooshing through waves of mutants is immensely satisfying

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Zero or Zero 2? Zero was the first game I bought for the Switch and I loved it a lot but I haven't bitten on Z2 yet

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Heath posted:

Zero or Zero 2? Zero was the first game I bought for the Switch and I loved it a lot but I haven't bitten on Z2 yet

Is there a 100% guide for Zero 1? I’m missing one thing and haven’t finished the game yet because I don’t really want to replay it to get the good ending.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Labo is on sale for ~$20 at Target in store. All three packs.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
code:

Baba is Stop | Keke has
                        Baby

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008

Heath posted:

Zero 2 - I admit I never played Zero 1. It's not completely clear to me who my little frog friend is but maybe I like it more just going with the flow

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fuckingusername posted:

Zero 2 - I admit I never played Zero 1. It's not completely clear to me who my little frog friend is but maybe I like it more just going with the flow

He’s your childhood pet that you were trying to rescue in the first game.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Blaster Master Zero 2 is a really fun game and the true ending is hype as hell.

My only gripe is that certain mechanics aren't explained really well. For example, if you equip a mine with an element (like the fire one) then fire a charge shot, your shot becomes that element.
You can devastate certain bosses like that.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

fuckingusername posted:

Midjack posted:

He’s your childhood pet that you were trying to rescue in the first game.

Wait what?

In the original NES Blaster Master you kill Fred (twice), as he has mutated beyond help and is hostile. Did they retcon that for BMZ?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Wait what?

In the original NES Blaster Master you kill Fred (twice), as he has mutated beyond help and is hostile. Did they retcon that for BMZ?

Yes.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Mak0rz posted:

Wait what?

Neither of those are Fred. Go look at the ending screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

To be fair BoI is fun. I just find it insanely ugly and gross. Eh for 12 euro I could do worse even if I don't like it.

Been thinking about Pillars of Eternity 2 as well. I wonder if it'll come out, and I should finish the first. That's a game I'd rather own physically though.

As a huge fan of the Pillars game:
2 is really good, and doesn't really require a playthrough of 1 if you're kinda bouncing off of it. It just gives some nods here and there.

Also, they released a beta for Turn Based Mode that's really fun and not nearly as hectic as RtwP. I assume they're working the kinks out of that before shipping the Switch port.