Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I like it but hate the once per game thing, should be like once per quarter or half.

Imagine this rule during the peak Manning or Brady seasons lol. When the teams were already blatantly running up the score every week to get records for their guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad that three was summoned by someone whispering Suh's name into the wind

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Watch the Chiefs have the first game in NFL history where the other side doesn't get a single offensive possession

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The easiest solution is just increase the yardage each attempt.

A great offense might enjoy the challenge of a 4th and 15.

Ain't nobody trying a 4th and 25 outside of a or lose situation.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kalli posted:

Every attempt add 5 yards, bam solid.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

To my earlier post, I still think 2007 Belichick would have gleefully gone for it there (once they had a comfortable lead) because he was just trying to watch the world burn that year. But outside of that, yeah, probably :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Play posted:

Even if they're not actually catching passes, you need to have the legitimate threat of explosive plays on the outside. That opens up the field for short/medium passes and running the ball because teams have to honor it. The Chiefs didn't run the ball so well last year because they have a great run-blocking line, they ran it so well because of Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes and the threat they represented.

What I'm trying to say is that the best receivers contribute way more than just their stat line. Every fragment of extra attention from the defense is a contribution from them to the team.

Yeah, even a WR that's just a good deep threat can alter how a defense has to play and what else opens up for an offense, let alone a well-rounded star WR. I remember seeing breakdowns of the Texans run game in the 00s that indicated that Andre Johnson's presence on the field made just as much difference on run plays as who was playing at RB or on the OL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

I don't like this idea.

I LOVE this idea.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I also endorse the idea of a coach winning back a challenge by participating in some sort of counterbalancing challenge and successfully completing it. Maybe a hot pepper/hot wing challenge and going two minutes without milk or something similar during halftime. Or making them do some stupid Fortnite dance on the sidelines for two minutes straight while the whole stadium watches during a TV timeout or something. Something to liven it up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Silly Burrito posted:

I also endorse the idea of a coach winning back a challenge by participating in some sort of counterbalancing challenge and successfully completing it. Maybe a hot pepper/hot wing challenge and going two minutes without milk or something similar during halftime. Or making them do some stupid Fortnite dance on the sidelines for two minutes straight while the whole stadium watches during a TV timeout or something. Something to liven it up.

What if at halftime you make them pay a game of smash.

Winner gets a new challenge

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Allbright is retweeting himself again which usually means he wants to pound his chest. Something is afoot.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1109248099971723264

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Winning at Arrowhead would quickly become impossible. “To overturn this call, Coach Reid must eat 69 racks of ribs in the next 90 seconds”

*Andy rips off his belt and licks his chops*

“Turns out Dee Ford WAS onside! And the crowd goes wild!”

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm really hoping they do make personal fouls reviewable. The argument against it is just so stupid because either way teams only get at the absolute maximum 3 challenges. That would mean they were right twice, which would mean it was worth it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if all personal fouls are reviewable offensive linemen are gonna be in trouble

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
A "sky judge" would make to much sense. Let's make the game take even loving longer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Winning at Arrowhead would quickly become impossible. “To overturn this call, Coach Reid must eat 69 racks of ribs in the next 90 seconds”

Let's all be honest here. We'd watch the hell out of that and root for Andy so hard.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kraft picked one hell of a hill to die on in the worst loving way

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1109238073286688769

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

DariusLikewise posted:

It's weird how there's been zero news about Ndamukong Suh so far

yeah loving crazy that teams aren't lining up around the b,lock to sign this lazy loving do nothing loser who will command a ridiculous amount of money

no really it's loving crazy nfl teams are straight up retarded

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Allbright is retweeting himself again which usually means he wants to pound his chest. Something is afoot.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1109248099971723264

Yeah that makes sense.

Rivers is still great but dude is 37

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I still think Rosen could be very good. He just needs to have a strong pocket around him.
Arizona was really the worst situation he could have found himself in.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Docjowles posted:

Calls to mind that time Kobayashi faced a grizzly bear in a hot dog eating contest. The bell rang, Kobayashi started expertly cramming them in his mouth while the bear looked around confused. Then the bear noticed the hot dogs, remembered that he was a bear, and just loving ate all of them right away.

Anyway you can guess who Reid is in this metaphor

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Roasted Donut posted:

yeah loving crazy that teams aren't lining up around the b,lock to sign this lazy loving do nothing loser who will command a ridiculous amount of money

no really it's loving crazy nfl teams are straight up retarded

What the

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kraft picked one hell of a hill to die on in the worst loving way

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1109238073286688769

This might all be true.

He still paid for sex at a shady rear end rub joint.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
100% chance human trafficking was involved.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1109515905212379136

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Calls to mind that time Kobayashi faced a grizzly bear in a hot dog eating contest. The bell rang, Kobayashi started expertly cramming them in his mouth while the bear looked around confused. Then the bear noticed the hot dogs, remembered that he was a bear, and just loving ate all of them right away.

Anyway you can guess who Reid is in this metaphor

I actually was thinking of that when I made the post lol. My dumb college friends and I decided to get super hyped up for “Man vs Beast” and tbh it didn’t disappoint. We still reference that bear segment to this day. It didn’t even know it was a contest and still fuckin wrecked Kobayashi. Much like Reid when any amount of BBQ comes within range.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anyone else no longer having tweets embed into posts? I'm having to click every time since the big slowdown the other night.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Anyone else no longer having tweets embed into posts? I'm having to click every time since the big slowdown the other night.

Still works for me :shrug:

Maybe try turning off embedding, force close the app, relaunch, reenable embedding?

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 23, 2019

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm talking about Chrome on my laptop, not using mobile.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm talking about Chrome on my laptop, not using mobile.

Oh. It's working for me there too sorry man.

Did we ever find out why the forums were dog slow the other night? Thought it was just my connection (though everything else was fine so not really) until reading you were having issues too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Malcolm Mitchell retired. Thanks for the six catches in the Superbowl.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Docjowles posted:

I actually was thinking of that when I made the post lol. My dumb college friends and I decided to get super hyped up for “Man vs Beast” and tbh it didn’t disappoint. We still reference that bear segment to this day. It didn’t even know it was a contest and still fuckin wrecked Kobayashi. Much like Reid when any amount of BBQ comes within range.

Haha hell yeah, you conveyed that idea well then

Feast on, Walrus Bear Coach Man

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jameis says he's gonna play at 250 lbs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hifi posted:

jameis says he's gonna play at 250 lbs

somewhere, an eagle stirs

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1109895278373584896?s=19

Eli can't throw that far

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Saquon makes it 2 out of 5 times.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Chichevache posted:

Saquon makes it 2 out of 5 times.

Would've been 3 out of 5 if he still had OBJ to throw to him.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1109936570365177856

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bobby kraft getting the ol suck n tug is what pushed him to finally decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Greatest TE ever and a true hero, he'll be missed.