Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Best sleep I ever had was atop a coil of mooring line on the lower level of the focstle store, back when I was a cadet, when the whole “hours of rest” thing wasn’t really a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

to be fair im kinda thankful for things like Grunt Style and Punisher logos because it saves me a few minutes of conversation to figure out if they're human garbage

My senior enlisted leaders put a giant punisher logo on the unit picture. It's hanging in my house because I was too stupid to save any other unit pictures.

owned

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Raft rigged up as a hasty shelter the first night of survival school. I slept so good.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My little brother really wanted to serve, but developed type 1 diabetes at 4 years old. Probably would have enjoyed it. My older brother and I both did four years active in the army while the little one was young and impressionable. He's better off not having served in the military, but he still has attachments to the idea and the chud poo poo that revolves around it. Gonna kick him in the shin if I ever see him cosplaying operator.

He addded me on Facebook last year or so. He’s the least chuddy guy his age on my FB feed. I have some seriously chud relatives that make anyone to the left of Hitler look like a DSA member.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

so there i was - no poo poo - in the sandbox

in the sandbox fred?

yeah, you know, the stripper joint off the interstate goin' south

isn't that the sand castle

shut up dude i'm tryin to tell a story here

Just tell that kid the time you accidentally invaded Syria before we on-purpose invaded it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
normal people don't get the humor in accidentally violating sovereignty tho

kids these days probably think it's some obscure sex act

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

the best sleep i've ever had was on my ghost mattress when it was snowing outside and I was tucked underneath a bunch of blankets.

I've never slept well in any army situation lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

normal people don't get the humor in accidentally violating sovereignty tho

kids these days probably think it's some obscure sex act

Why can’t it be both?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Best sleep I ever got was in a C-17 to Afghanistan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Worst sleep I ever got was on top of 3 MRE boxes while wrapped up in my goretex. I was at that point of exhaustion where anything would do. I was out like a light but it wasn't so much sleep as it was going into off mode for three hours.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
I remember an exercise where I was dressed up as wounded. Had a head wound and was unconscious the whole time. Slept so well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

All this sleep talk just reminds me of that part in Team Yankee where the American tank platoon falls asleep after countering a Soviet thrust through Germany and accidentally sleeps through the time they were gonna manuver back to NATO lines. It was probably the most realistic part of that entire book for me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: Inbound in 45! :siren:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1109893792855977994

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1109893792855977994

Get your popcorn ready.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: simulposted

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: simulposted

Yeah I'm currently in-between NCAA games :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh snap time for the c-list newscasters to make it big

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah I'm currently in-between NCAA games :v:

I've been cleaning the porch. How're the slave games going?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My prediction - Trump obstructed a fuckton and there's enough evidence that if he were anyone other than the president charges would be brought. His children, kushner, and large numbers of the core admin are all implicated in a variety of crimes, but there isn't enough evidence to bring criminal charges or they are state-level offenses. It will say that there is no direct evidence that Trump personally spoke with anyone about Russia, but everyone that works for him did.

Republicans and Trump will say "no collusion" and refuse to impeach because the obstruction was only into an unlawful witchhunt investigation paid for by clinton and the real crime was her emails and the Comey coverup.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

My prediction - Trump obstructed a fuckton and there's enough evidence that if he were anyone other than the president charges would be brought. His children, kushner, and large numbers of the core admin are all implicated in a variety of crimes, but there isn't enough evidence to bring criminal charges or they are state-level offenses. It will say that there is no direct evidence that Trump personally spoke with anyone about Russia, but everyone that works for him did.

Republicans and Trump will say "no collusion" and refuse to impeach because the obstruction was only into an unlawful witchhunt investigation paid for by clinton and the real crime was her emails and the Comey coverup.

Seems reasonable.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yup.

Also the tournament is poo poo because Duke is still in it. Once Duke loses, it will be a good tournament.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i think that they're threatening the kids with hard time and will drop it all to get him out of office by resignation

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also the lady huskies are gonna loving destroy all in their way

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
As expected!

https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/status/1109902268743196674

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1109902594388955144

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1109902942881136643

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1109902543843409921

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hang on, I thought the Mueller report ended with a wet fart on Friday?

So no one has actually seen the report outside of the AG and assuming Trump is thus in the loop hence his smug tweet today?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So no one has actually seen the report outside of the AG and assuming Trump is thus in the loop hence his smug tweet today?

Yes dude literally the only thing people knew since Friday is that there were no new indictments

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Correct. Barr and Rosenstien read it this weekend and sent Congress a summary.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1109902543843409921

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1109902942881136643

I don’t know how they can find that with the whole “If this is what you say it is then I love it” line.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Jesus motherfuck gently caress this stupid loving poo poo

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
well monday is gonna be interesting

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Mueller report is a gigantic report. This letter, from Attorney General Barr, is a summation of everything in the report. Trump is likely *not* in the loop, as they've been looking for updates and likely haven't gotten them.

This letter from Barr is super-basic and doesn't cover a lot of the juicy details that are likely in the report (interviews, grand jury testimony, etc.). Democrats are going to want absolutely as much as possible, while Republicans will be like YOU GOT THE RECAP LETTER, GO AWAY, NO COLLUSION.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Everyone was too dumb to have done things knowingly so none of the campaign that wasn't already charged committed a felony because they unwittingly worked with the republicans and the president didn't obstruct justice because he's too stupid to actually obstruct a specific investigation.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I don’t know how they can find that with the whole “If this is what you say it is then I love it” line.

In all likelihood, it's likely because they dipped a toe in, but never actually did it.

In politics, it's generally legal to be a smarmy fucker (YES, I WOULD LIKE HILLARY DIRT), but illegal to participate in it (LOL SIKE I WANT THE MAGNITSKY ACT GONE). If you actually gave a poo poo about the country, you would immediately tell the FBI "hey, these russian dudes are being weird around me", but there's not a legal requirement to do so.

The fight is going to be about revealing about all the times the Trump Campaign dipped a toe in, but either out of incompetence or luck, never did anything with it. That's the poo poo that's in the Mueller report that Republicans are going to try like hell to never reveal.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Lol, just Lol if you thought Russian Intelligence was sloppy enough to leave evidence*.

*Other than unidentifiable corpses floating in rivers.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

womp womp

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MRC48B posted:

Lol, just Lol if you thought Russian Intelligence was sloppy enough to leave evidence*.

Are you joking? Their botched assassination in the U.K. might as well have come with the evidence pre-bagged. It’s a different story when the only people privy to the evidence may also be accomplices.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Another thing on this:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1109907108240261121

No sealed indictments either, so the Mueller thing is done and the tentacles in EDNY/SDNY/etc are going to be where the action is from here on.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1109907368769437696

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The Mueller report is going to be one of the great orgasm denials of history.

Force de Fappe fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 24, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MRC48B posted:

When I think Russia, I think meticulous, calculated competence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1109909199318851584