Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
She gives me the "competent but boring" vibe and she doesn't have a big enough personality so far to compete for screen time against some of the others. Like, she's pretty and does good drag, but I'ma need more than that in the context of RPDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sasha had barely any confessionals til halfway thru S9 and won. Kameron and Naomi both made top 4 with barely any (tho halfway thru 8 Naomi was featured more).

Plastique prob just isn't giving them any good footage r/n

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
You know, that's a good point. I totally forgot that about Sasha and Naomi. Naomi definitely just started showing up after she had to lip sync. Maybe Plastique will, too.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

I thought this episode was fun :) but I also watched like half of Grease which aired before the episode

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
oh god yes rajahs james brown was extremely my poo poo

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Every time Vanjie stays on the stage for judging (either top or bottom) she clearly has war flashbacks and it's so :smith:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I've noticed that! Something about the way she silently nods, open-mouthed. Just want to pass her hot cocoa and a squeeze or something, drat.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Yanis Marshall was reminding me way way too much of some lovely coworkers I've had (hell he looks like them even) and I couldn't get past that. Whoops.
NORWEGIA god this episode is just completely full of amazing misspeaks.

Silkie won and I haven't seen Untucked yet so I can't wait to see a lot of emotion for safe winner.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

the escape goat posted:

Nina was robbed.

I deducted points for her Huckabee only because she didn't wear a pearl necklace. That was such a miss! Otherwise, she was certainly the best and I love every performance from her so far.

But ugh, who is writing the Rusicals? This was unacceptable.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

resting mitch face posted:

But ugh, who is writing every scripted challenge in this show? This was unacceptable.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Joel and Michelle were having a blast I loved it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

Joel and Michelle were having a blast I loved it

:yeah:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They gotta bring that guy back for choreo especially when Vanjie (I think?) threw shade at Todrick when she said now they gotta do real professional choreo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah this guy was great. threw fun shade and looked like he knew his poo poo and was just entertaining to watch him bounce off the queens

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

What a turd of an episode, especially compared to last week. The runway was the only interesting bit. Joel McHale gave me whiplash. At first I was excited he was a judge since I'm a Community fan. Then he was weirdly obnoxious and loud. Then he was visibly annoying Michelle which wrapped it back around to moderately enjoyable again. In the end it felt a little too much like he was trying to play a character instead of just being a sincere chill normal guy giving honest critic to bunch of newbie entertainers trying to jump start their careers. It just left a bad taste in my mouth overall considering the gulf of privilege between him and the girls.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cocks Cable posted:

Then he was weirdly obnoxious and loud.

I see you don't know much about Joel McHale

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
This is an all time worst episode for me. The Maddow challenge was the poo poo cream on the musical's poo poo sundae and then it was obviously within literally seconds to figure out who was gonna win the lip sync.

Echoing the poster who said they tuned out the lyrics, though. Not hearing them might be my highlight of this episode.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I wouldn't have minded Joel McHale's obnoxious loudness if he had been doing it in celebration of the queens, like Pangina does, but he seemed to be doing it in celebration of himself and getting attention. It was annoying. Although I think Michelle was in on the joke.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He was definitely doing it to cheer on the queens and was playing into the character of Loud Straight Bro (not much of a stretch for him) and Michelle was absolutely in on it. You can see her struggle to maintain composure a few times.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Shneak posted:

Every time Vanjie stays on the stage for judging (either top or bottom) she clearly has war flashbacks and it's so :smith:

On Untucked she was desperately trying to focus on practicing the lip sync while everyone wanted to gossip about her relationship with Brook. I think the eagerness to do well adds even more to her charm. She reminds me a lot of Latrice Royale in that they're both mediocre at runways but make up for it in acting challenges and likability. Also they both know how to shut up in the workroom and get the maximum impact out of their outbursts.

That was the most one sided lip sync I've ever seen. Mercedes clearly wasn't familiar with the song but Ra'jah was dancing like she just came off the Soul Train line. Her James Brown was better than most of the dancing and impressions in the Rusical.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I wouldn't say Vanessa is mediocre at runways, she's just in a rut. Now if she doesn't bring any variety after Michelle asked her to, I'll agree.

But like how can you look at that libra runway and say hmm yeah, mediocre.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She should headbutt Michelle imo

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ICHIBAHN posted:

She should headbutt Michelle imo

An ichibahn post I can get behind

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Say my name

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God. Drag race Thailand. I'm loving gooped.

Absolutely loving batshit that Kana Warrior made it in. Especially since she loving volunteered to go home a few episodes earlier.

Oh my God. And then the other girl they brought back just murdered every single challenge since she came back.

Goooooooped.

And two trans women in the finals oh my God

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

GrandmaParty posted:

Absolutely loving batshit that Kana Warrior made it in. Especially since she loving volunteered to go home a few episodes earlier.

Oh my God. And then the other girl they brought back just murdered every single challenge since she came back.

Goooooooped.

marry me Pangina Heals

(DRT owns and is so much better than the original Drag Race)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kinda hosed up that the first Muslim queen went home for a Trump challenge.

That said, echoing the sentiment about the writing. Mostly non-existent story and not enough jokes at Trump's expense. Ginger tho. And Yvie was robbed.

Also, they made a huge deal about the choreography when it didn't seem that crazy in the actual performance. Lol at that fakeout that Ariel would have a storyline this episode.

It took me a while to realize why it was an orange runway (basically once Shuga walked out). To be fair, I knew that orange was a discarded runway from last season and just got excited that they saved it for this season.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

(DRT owns and is so much better than the original Drag Race)

I get so much joy out of the episodes, but it's amplified by Kuda's subs. From catchphrase insertion at ad breaks to little things like Bandit getting subbed in this week with "My knees went cleek!" a la Madame La Queer, it's just a happy drag space I get to visit every week. drat.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

GrandmaParty posted:

Goooooooped.

Gooped is a good word for it. Two returning queens who skipped 4-5 episodes landing in the top 3 over the others is pretty eyebrow raising to me, but at the same time I ain't mad. I'm goooooped :allears:

I'd be happy if any of them won tbh, although as much as I find Kana really charming, a trans winner would obvs be groundbreaking for the franchise and both Angele and Kandy have certainly earned it by this point

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

^ re. all of that DRTL stuff, I've really loved Vanda since the casting episode. I thought she did better than Kandy in both maxi and runway so I'm very disappointed in this outcome. But I guess it is what it is. Kandy's stunt last week was impressive, but I just don't see how she did better than Vanda in either challenge! I'm bitter betty boots about it all.

I think Kana absolutely earned her spot per the last episode, and Angele has been solid all season even if not my favorite this past week. Kandy has never grabbed me and I just find her annoying. Ugh! Anyway.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 25, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I wouldn't call Vanjie's runways mediocre across 4 weeks but if you put all 4 of them side by side, Michelle's critique was right.

gandlethorpe posted:

Kinda hosed up that the first Muslim queen went home for a Trump challenge.

Bummer of timing but last week was borrowed time anyway as she got the team carry.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

can't recall who said it, but someone said that Vanessa is like Alyssa in that even if her costuming is weak, her personality outweighs that and I'm like "oh god oh no gently caress"

I adore her and want her to go far but if she doesn't pull something out soon that isn't red and glittery she's kinda dooming herself.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Alyssa has, as Nina Garcia would say, some taste issues. You can't tell me that Vanjie's are that bad, just all working the same color right now (so... Max?)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vanessa looks great, it's just been hella samey so far.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Vanessa looks great, it's just been hella samey so far.

Yeah that's my feeling on it. I can't fault the quality of her drag, but it hasn't been super imaginative.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

^ re. all of that DRTL stuff, I've really loved Vanda since the casting episode. I thought she did better than Kandy in both maxi and runway so I'm very disappointed in this outcome. But I guess it is what it is. Kandy's stunt last week was impressive, but I just don't see how she did better than Vanda in either challenge! I'm bitter betty boots about it all.

I think Kana absolutely earned her spot per the last episode, and Angele has been solid all season even if not my favorite this past week. Kandy has never grabbed me and I just find her annoying. Ugh! Anyway.

This x10000000. The final three is the definition of choices.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Every season needs a villain. DRT season 2 has Kandy Zyanide

Kana was definitely on the chopping block but she just killed it. Murdered a difficult challenge. She's entirely the opposite of Bandit. While Bandit is really consistently good, this girl is either genius or lovely. And God, her lip syncs are amazing.

The third is legitimately good but I got tired of her reliance on props for the lip syncs.

Such an amazing season. And the lip sync with Kana and Angele should be in the hall of fame with Jinks and Dida Ritz.

Also, if you haven't, go watch Pangina's lip syncs. She deserves to be judging this show.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 26, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man, Season 3 feels so long.

I'm totally Team Shangela this entire time of course but it's really freakin weird that Shangela got read because she went for a modern country look instead of jeans and cowboy boots.

Also knowing that Carmen Carrera is trans makes it kinda hard to watch herself struggle with her gender dysphoria because she focuses so much on being pretty and feminine that she can't poke fun of herself.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I totally forget what it was about S2 Shangela that made Ru bring her back for S3. It felt like a bit of a punchline (as opposed to Vanessa making meme history and earning her spot back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Propaganda Machine posted:

I totally forget what it was about S2 Shangela that made Ru bring her back for S3. It felt like a bit of a punchline (as opposed to Vanessa making meme history and earning her spot back).

She oozed charisma and confidence imo, even in her single busted episode of season 2.

e: iirc she was also only asked back after she ended up sending in another audition tape for 3, whereas w/ vanjie i imagine she was just asked back after she blew up