Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

So is Roger Stone going on trial, and how can he go trial if there was no Russia collusion just what the gently caress :psyduck:?

Are there continuing separate FBI investigations? I know the SDNY continues it's stuff right?

roger stone got indicted for lying to investigators about contacts he had with wikileaks. SDNY and whatever else will continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

So is Roger Stone going on trial, and how can he go on trial if there was no Russia collusion just what the gently caress :psyduck:?

Are there continuing separate FBI investigations? I know the SDNY continues its stuff right?

there are other state investigations. i have no idea if there are other FBI things. stone is still going to trial i believe.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Mnoba posted:

thanks creepy forums stalker i don't know at all!

It's not stalking if you establish a reputation as a pro-Trump dude. You have come here, we did not come to you. That's pretty rare around here because he's a lovely fascist, corrupt narcissist with a broke brain. When you shill for him in a hostile place, it reflects on you and you stand out as the guy who likes these very dumb and bad things.

Go to 4chan if you want to praise Trump.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It's pretty cool to basically be told that an administration that is actively trying to erase your identity as a human being gets to keep on truckin'.

Oh wait, this doesn't say cool. It says a swear word.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So I wonder if this guy was interviewed by mueller? I can’t remember.

https://twitter.com/chrisinsilico/status/1109983298397310976?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

goethe.cx posted:

roger stone got indicted for lying to investigators about contacts he had with wikileaks. SDNY and whatever else will continue

Yeah but you see those don't matter because :shrug:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's not stalking if you establish a reputation as a pro-Trump dude. You have come here, we did not come to you. That's pretty rare around here because he's a lovely fascist, corrupt narcissist with a broke brain. When you shill for him in a hostile place, it reflects on you and you stand out as the guy who likes these very dumb and bad things.

Go to 4chan if you want to praise Trump.

Is that guy actually a trump supporter? I didn't think there were any actually on Something Awful.

I mean like actual trump supporter, not someone who is branded one because they criticize the left.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Is that guy actually a trump supporter? I didn't think there were any actually on Something Awful.

I mean like actual trump supporter, not someone who is branded one because they criticize the left.

Mnoba is absolutely a right-wing corporate shill.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

apparently he is a big gbs poster who said a bunch of pro trump poo poo.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Angry_Ed posted:

*posts le epic ah well nevertheless meme*

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

There are a number of them. They just don't tend to out themselves because they get yelled at and therefore make no headway in pushing the narrative this way or that.

If D&D goes rightward at any point, they'll come out of the woodwork.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
enough about me please, i understand i'm a distraction but lets not make the mods angry I'm an honest man just postin'

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Provided our country survives to future elections, can we please put in a platform of making a change to the Constitution that says "actually the President can be indicted and not put the people in charge of his own investigation, that is mind-blowingly stupid, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

It does make me think if Nixon had just held his ground like a petulant child could he have stuck it out? He didn't have Fox News and the right wing machine to be fair

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

TulliusCicero posted:

So is Roger Stone going on trial, and how can he go on trial if there was no Russia collusion just what the gently caress :psyduck:?

Are there continuing separate FBI investigations? I know the SDNY continues its stuff right?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there are other state investigations. i have no idea if there are other FBI things. stone is still going to trial i believe.

skylined! posted:

So I wonder if this guy was interviewed by mueller? I can’t remember.

https://twitter.com/chrisinsilico/status/1109983298397310976?s=20

Russiagate is over, let it go.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

TulliusCicero posted:

Provided our country survives to future elections, can we please put in a platform of making a change to the Constitution that says "actually the President can be indicted and not put the people in charge of his own investigation, that is mind-blowingly stupid, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Who bells the cat?

quote:

It does make me think if Nixon had just held his ground like a petulant child could he have stuck it out? He didn't have Fox News and the right wing machine to be fair

The Fox News machine's explicit purpose was to keep another Nixon situation from happening and it's doing pretty well so far at keeping republicans in a bubble which reality largely doesn't penetrate.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Angry_Ed posted:

Because what everyone was hoping for was that the president would be taken out of a position where he can continue to hurt the nation and not his ex flunkies going to jail for a handful of years?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

maybe but the case against Nixon was a ton easier to prove with a lot less wiggle room for him(ordering a loving robbery). with trump its harder because its alot more abstract. just proving obstruction even when its obvious is hard to fully prove, not to mention collusion.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

TulliusCicero posted:

Also watching Brexit just continue to go on despite nobody wanting it anymore and the Tories and there's May driving their country off a cliff just to maintain their grip just enforces that these fault lines are everywhere at the moment, not just in our dumbass part of the Northwest continent.

What I call "Cooperators" will never under any circumstances pursue any course of action that they believe would jeopardize their personal status quo/their personal control over societies resources. The DNC (and the oldschool RNC establishment) is dominated by the Cooperator
mindset.

America is presently caught in a recognizable cycle of Cooperators losing social control to Narrativists that I have dubbed "The Devils Minuet". This process has played itself out over and over in human history as follows:
  • 1.) A period of stability results (often gradually) in a societies power structure becoming controlled by the Cooperator mindset.

• 2.) The Cooperator class in control of this stable society walls themselves off as an elite class and begins to set up effective barriers to prevent anyone challenging their power.

• 3.) This privileged Cooperator class eventually redirects so much of societies resources to its own control that a significant portion of the population experiences a significant decline in their quality-of-life. This decline creates a psychological vulnerability that permits Narrativism to spread in the (previously) stable society.

• 4.) The privileged Cooperator class will inevitably perceive criticisms of its control over societies resources as a greater threat to their control than Narrativists are- and will attempt* to manipulate Narrativists to fight against this threat to their power in the (sadly mistaken) belief that they can easily deal with the Narrativists at a later date.
    *fail spectacularly

• 5.) The privileged Cooperator class is completely caught completely off guard when they are perp-marched into the ovens.

IMO America is in the middle of stage four in this process.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe but the case against Nixon was a ton easier to prove with a lot less wiggle room for him(ordering a loving robbery). with trump its harder because its alot more abstract. just proving obstruction even when its obvious is hard to fully prove, not to mention collusion.

Impeaching him and removing him from office is not abstract at all. It's not a legal question, it's a political question. You can impeach a president for high crimes or misdemeanors, which basically means anything. He could jaywalk and that's a potential impeachable offense.

The problem is drumming up the republican votes in the senate and that's not going to happen unless he's caught diddling kids on camera or something.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CubanMissile posted:

Because what everyone was hoping for was that the president would be taken out of a position where he can continue to hurt the nation and not his ex flunkies going to jail for a handful of years?

To be clear, even if the Mueller investigation's end result was a report saying "yo this dude did all the crimes, here's the evidence, he's guilty as gently caress," it would still require Trump to be impeached by the house and convicted by the senate.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kobayashi posted:

Russiagate is over, let it go.

Nah I'd actually like to see all the facts first Glenn

I'm not trying to win non-existent loving Tankie points. At the same time I do agree that leftist dems should keep doing what they are doing and not make it an issue over healthcare and the numerous other crimes, racism, and education issues(which they haven't, but everybody coming in to imitate Glenn Greenwald seems to think that's what they are doing, which didn't win the 2018 election)

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 25, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If Nixon had Fox News everyone would agree that his creepy recordings were confidential and only commies would allow secret US strategy to be aired out in the open for our enemies. :patriot:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

Impeaching him and removing him from office is not abstract at all. It's not a legal question, it's a political question. You can impeach a president for high crimes or misdemeanors, which basically means anything. He could jaywalk and that's a potential impeachable offense.

The problem is drumming up the republican votes in the senate and that's not going to happen unless he's caught diddling kids on camera or something.

i just meant the case against them more than impeachment. trumps never gonna get impeached now even if barr lied out his rear end and he never was. nixon was a different time plus they had audio of him doing the crime.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Nah I'd actually like to see all the facts first Glenn

I'm not trying to win non-existent loving Tankie points. At the same time I do agree that leftist dems should keep doing what they are doing and nother make it an issue (which they haven't, but everybody coming in to imitate Glenn Greenwald seems to think that's what they are doing, which didn't win the 2018 election)

This is incoherent, you're letting this palace intrigue melt your brain.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Ice Phisherman posted:

The only way it happens is if 20 GOP Senators believe they're more likely to lose their seats if they vote against removal.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

King of Solomon posted:

To be clear, even if the Mueller investigation's end result was a report saying "yo this dude did all the crimes, here's the evidence, he's guilty as gently caress," it would still require Trump to be impeached by the house and convicted by the senate.

Well then I guess people shouldn't be disappointed since it wouldn't matter anyways. Glad you were clear on that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kobayashi posted:

It's called typing on a phone and autocorrect happens; it's why I edited it.

Anyway, what is "palace intrigue"? The President knowingly takes money and bribes through his hotels from the Saudis, Russians, Israelis, and Chinese on the reg. He's gotten almost open bribes from several major companies. His Cabinet continues to be a complete and utter mess, where only the most loyal and stupid of cronies go, and he continues to devolve by the day.

If that is "palace intrigue" to you, you should really read about Byzantine Courts for some perspective.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
One irony is that for all the endless fear of "This time Trump's gonna fire Mueller" we've had the past two years, that actually would've probably been a much better outcome for his opposition

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Charlz Guybon posted:

Coach or buggy.

Several folk had been run over in D.C. and the police started to crack down on it.

The president was a noted equestrian and speed demon, who was accused of participating in and winning a drag race through Central Park by his political opponents.

Cop caught him speeding and gave him warning, caught him speeding less than 24 hours latter and arrested him.
This rules, it's like a deleted scene from Wild Wild West.

Hahaha, I've actually been to Matryoshka! Their deli is isn't bad, although there are better Russian stores in the area.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

I absolutely 100% believe that had Fox News existed in 1972, Nixon would have finished his second term.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GyroNinja posted:

I absolutely 100% believe that had Fox News existed in 1972, Nixon would have finished his second term.
Unquestionably, the right learned a lot from Nixon's downfall.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Z. Autobahn posted:

One irony is that for all the endless fear of "This time Trump's gonna fire Mueller" we've had the past two years, that actually would've probably been a much better outcome for his opposition

:hmmyes:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kobayashi posted:

You've literally never advocated for a position in this thread, only attacked the notion of Trump being connected to Russia/Putin in any way. Do you have any actual opinions or is that it? What is it you actually believe

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GyroNinja posted:

that's literally why Fox News exists

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Z. Autobahn posted:

This is a totally reasonable take on a report we know next to nothing about. Totally. Your brain is whole and unbroken

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

sexpig by night posted:

that's literally why Fox News exists

Meh, Ronny got through Iran Contra without a scratch without Fox News. But I don't disagree in general.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Meh, Ronny got through Iran Contra without a scratch without Fox News. But I don't disagree in general.

By then, picking on a senior that didn't know what year it was wouldn't have ended well heh

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Z. Autobahn posted:

Trump firing Mueller would have been so much better of an outcome than what just happened. (Basically the worst-case scenario occurred today.) I am genuinely kind of struggling to come up with a worse realistic scenario than what actually just took place.

At this point the first thing a massive blue wave in 2020 is gonna accomplish is to force us all to find out exactly what happens when Trump refuses to abdicate and a significant portion of our population* supports him. At this point I would expect a 2020 blue wave to result in a pretty significant outbreak of (violent) civil unrest.

*this will include most law enforcement+ a sizable portion of the military

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I mean that literally, Ailes was literally a Nixonite who explicitly said over and over if there was a 'conservative voice' to counter the mainstream it would prevent any other Republican being held accountable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I mean, gosh golly, Ronny went on the TV and told us all he had nothing at all to do with it, but as soon as he found out, he had a duty to the American people to tell them, by gosh! :rolleyes:

In a twisted way we are blessed that Trump's sheer bombastic spazz hardline personality will never allow him to be able to bullshit as hard as Saint Ronny