Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

That you can't trust the forum software to point out stars on mods. I should have learned that from my last probation but I didn't!

Lmao :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Len posted:

That you can't trust the forum software to point out stars on mods. I should have learned that from my last probation but I didn't!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Y'all could be more transparent about who's requests we're supposed to listen to.

e: oh emmyok is still listed as a mod nevermind I have the dumb

Shifty Nipples has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Mar 22, 2019

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Iks have never had stars

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cash Crab got me once too for a 6er

It was hours after my warning to drop it, that I listened to, and I had to go almost an entire day without poo poo posting at work and it was the longest day ever

Like little assassin's just lying in wait to catch me being stupid

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I save my mod sass for the last 10 minutes of the day so by the time I get to work the next day everything's blown over

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

purple death ray posted:

I save my mod sass for the last 10 minutes of the day so by the time I get to work the next day everything's blown over

I got chain probed last year and didn't notice until months later cause I was at a music festival the entire time lol

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Say "Good-bye," Mister Bunny Rabbit!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
How old were you when you figured out that the reason they don't want pregnant women in their third trimester to go on planes isn't that there are specific health risks, but that they don't want to have to deal with it in case they go into labor?

Because I'm in my early 40s and I was today old.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

How old were you when you figured out that the reason they don't want pregnant women in their third trimester to go on planes isn't that there are specific health risks, but that they don't want to have to deal with it in case they go into labor?

Because I'm in my early 40s and I was today old.

I would call going into labour mid flight as a health risk in its own right.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh absolutely, but I was thinking "maybe it's the radiation at altitude, maybe it's the lower air pressure", just gliding right past the obvious thing of "flight attendants aren't midwives".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave as giving birth mid-flight is against passenger regulations."

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Free(fall) birth movement.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also they'd have you arrested for smuggling another passenger on the plane.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also they'd have you arrested for smuggling another passenger on the plane.

"You know you're gonna have to buy an extra ticket, right?"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Started looking up what happens to your citizenship if you are born in international waters / air space and it seems it's very complicated.

wikipeedia posted:

In addition to the question of a child's citizenship, there is also a question of how to report "Place of Birth" for children born in transit. US State Department guidance instructs that a child born in international waters should have their place of birth listed as "AT SEA", while those born in the territorial waters of any country would list the name of that country. A child born in flight in a region where no country claims sovereignty would list their place of birth as "IN THE AIR".

Given how hard it is to fly as you get close to giving birth it's no wonder the airyan nation is dying out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What if you're born in the chunnel? Or is that all either France or Brexitia?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

So why can't pregnant women go on rollercoasters then? If they start giving birth it'll be over soon enough for them to get in a vehicle and go to the hospital :colbert:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Mighty Moltres posted:

So why can't pregnant women go on rollercoasters then? If they start giving birth it'll be over soon enough for them to get in a vehicle and go to the hospital :colbert:

The fetus isn't tall enough

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
don't be so defetus

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

numerrik posted:

In parts of America, these are referred to as butter knifes, and being serrated, are sharp, even if not extremely sharp.

[url] https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/p...Flatware%20Sets[/url]

Australia too. Why would you need a wooden butter knife?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

PancakeTransmission posted:

To cut up your big poops, duh

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

PancakeTransmission posted:

To eat wooden butter, duh

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bell jar posted:

To eat wooden butter, duh

That poo poo is delicious

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why would you need a metal butter knife.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

They look cool and I'm sure they spread butter fine, but wouldn't a wooden butter knife eventually end up with a bunch of rancid butter packed down into the grain of the wood?

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

They look cool and I'm sure they spread butter fine, but wouldn't a wooden butter knife eventually end up with a bunch of rancid butter packed down into the grain of the wood?

That's a feature.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

They can be used for more than just butter

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that only happens if you use Bad Wood

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Jerry Cotton posted:

So you can chuck it in the dishwasher? :shrug:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM BUTTER ONTO THE BREAD. IT’S TOAST AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE BITES WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MY TEETH. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN MY CHOMPERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TIMES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY TOASTING WITH EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

To eat metal butter, duh

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

bell jar posted:

To eat metal butter, duh

Metal Butter Solid.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm a bit surprised by how low a cashier's wage is in Czechia. I visited Prague in 2010 or so and even then the cost of living didn't seem that much lower to me than in Western Europe. Of course, I assume it's different outside of the capital city.

e: wait this isn't the right thread at all

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Mar 25, 2019

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Phlegmish posted:

I'm a bit surprised by how low a cashier's wage is in Czechia. I visited Prague in 2010 or so and even then the cost of living didn't seem that much lower to me than in Western Europe. Of course, I assume it's different outside of the capital city.

e: wait this isn't the right thread at all
I can't believe I've only just figured this out.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Metal butter knives are tangibly better, I’m sorry nords or whoever. If nothing else it’s probably less environmentally impactful to make cheap rear end metal sticks than to use wood, especially when cheap rear end metal forks and spoons and knives are already being churned out.

That said, I don’t care what that one goon thinks a butter knife looks like, I really want to know how they managed to cut themself with any kind of one.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
The Looney Tunes theme music has words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVq9135EAA

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Metal butter knives are tangibly better, I’m sorry nords or whoever. If nothing else it’s probably less environmentally impactful to make cheap rear end metal sticks than to use wood, especially when cheap rear end metal forks and spoons and knives are already being churned out.

That said, I don’t care what that one goon thinks a butter knife looks like, I really want to know how they managed to cut themself with any kind of one.

enjoy your heavy metal poisoning, you cretin you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Some butter knives have semi-sharp serrations along the front ~1/3 or so, so they can also be used as general purpose dinner knives.