Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

Is this the episode where Bart is mad about an all-female cast reboot?

Y'all getting excited about that?

The only thing I'm excited about tonight is one less Sunday night until GoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The only Amram this show deserves is an AMRAM missile to put it out of its misery.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PostNouveau posted:

Is this the episode where Bart is mad about an all-female cast reboot?

Y'all getting excited about that?

Amram is a pretty funny writer but I don’t think any writer could make a truly great episode these days. There’s too much working against the show today beyond writing.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Yeah if you came to the writers room today with a scene where all the actual comedy is happening in the background while Homer thinks about the plot theyd cut it and tell you to think more cost effective. Or that going off model for a physical gag fucks with "the process overseas"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Also we need to shoehorn Kristen Bell and Cardi B into this week's episode.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Whos this?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

White wine spritzer!

he had beer on tap in the basement in s1 lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's funnier if he's uptight.

New episode said "gifed" as "jiffed". No thanks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A pretty funny writer that got known from Twitter.

Let dril write an episode.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the girl prankster group is called bossy riot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

He's very polite and accommodating

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mantis42 posted:

the girl prankster group is called bossy riot

Jeeeeeeheeeesus Christ

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

He's very polite and accommodating
Actually, he has a Ph.D. in Mixology.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Razorwired posted:

Yeah if you came to the writers room today with a scene where all the actual comedy is happening in the background while Homer thinks about the plot theyd cut it and tell you to think more cost effective. Or that going off model for a physical gag fucks with "the process overseas"

Make it a pie, pies are easier to draw.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

And on the day Trump became president too

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I watched three minutes before the first commercial break.

Josh.0
Hans gets killed (he is in a gym, then gets creamed by a car plowing through the window, which is "funny")

Yea that's enough.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I watched it. It was bad. Its message about feminism seemed to be "hold on now, don't go too far" when the Bossy Riots threaten to destroy the old, male Itchy and Scratchy master tapes. What am I doing with my life?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

I watched it. It was bad. Its message about feminism seemed to be "hold on now, don't go too far" when the Bossy Riots threaten to destroy the old, male Itchy and Scratchy master tapes. What am I doing with my life?

Nothing is good and everything is bad.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Applewhite posted:

The only Amram this show deserves is an AMRAM missile to put it out of its misery.

Funny story: I live with my cousin and her husband, and he found out a couple of years ago through 23 & Me that Megan Amram is his half sister. (His dad cheated on his mom a lot)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lets Pickle posted:

Funny story: I live with my cousin and her husband, and he found out a couple of years ago through 23 & Me that Megan Amram is his half sister. (His dad cheated on his mom a lot)

How did 23&me reveal this? Does 23&me just tell you the name of other 23&me members to whom you’re related?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So why were people excited for this episode so suddenly? Is it just trainwreck rubbernecking, or is the credited writer known for some good stuff?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Applewhite posted:

How did 23&me reveal this? Does 23&me just tell you the name of other 23&me members to whom youre related?

Yes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

That seems like a violation of privacy.

Regardless Let’s Pickle pls leverage your relatives to get me an autograph from Amram TIA

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

Probably non alcoholic beer

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Applewhite posted:

They give you the option to be searchable or not.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Applewhite posted:

Yes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Applewhite posted:

:thunk:

do not engage with 23andme or any other dna-ancestry services. they sell your dna to the cops and will use it to help arrest your relatives

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I feel sad that the writer dreamt of something like this for 13 or so years. It's unfunny and tone-deaf political bull.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

:thunk:

do not engage with 23andme or any other dna-ancestry services. they sell your dna to the cops and will use it to help arrest your relatives

If my relatives are criminals they deserve to be arrested

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

homeless guy posted:

If my relatives are criminals they deserve to be arrested

What if they are political criminals fighting a fascist totalitarian government?

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
oh no not my dna

What will I do now that it’s out in the open what my helix contains

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright well they go to a convention and watch a Krusty panel where the announce an all-girl Itchy & Scratchy reboot. Bart and the other boys decide to pointedly not watch it. But Bart is caught on camera going up to Lisa's room, where she's filming her reaction to the new show, and laughing at it. Video of him being a hypocrite make is on "Josh.0".

Milhouse leads the other boys in a mob against Bart, and they chase him into the girls bathroom where he meets some 6th grade girls. He bonds with them over what he thinks is just pranking Skinner but turns out to be a protest movement. Celebrity cameos: Awkwafina, Chelsea Paretti and Nicole Byer.

Milhouse becomes an MRA (Boys Rights Associations though, so BRA. See it's parody or something because they changed a letter.

Milhouse's parents get turned on because their kid has friends now so he's well adjusted so they can stop worrying about him. There's a post-coital scene with Milhouse's parents.

There's a montage of Bart joining in on their protest actions set to "Cherry Bomb". Most of their protests seem to be painting things pink. Lisa finds out and gets mad at Bart because he doesn't care about their cause only the chaos.

Krusty caves to BRA's protests, so the feminists set out to destroy the old Itchy & Scratchy masters. Lisa and Bart foil them; the other boys blame Milhouse for the whole debacle. Lisa joins the feminist group at the end, which will never come up again because the writers don't give a gently caress about the new seasons just like everyone else in the world.

I'm glad some of you idiots got excited for this one because some twitterer wrote it. It sucked on toast.

Also

Ned and his kids were at the convention with Itchy & Scratchy hats and balloons even though Ned doesn't let the boys watch it. I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
turns out the writers dream episode was actually our nightmare

Imagine this being your lifetime dream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMewLRXr2U

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 25, 2019

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

You watched the whole thing lol

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Applewhite posted:

How did 23&me reveal this? Does 23&me just tell you the name of other 23&me members to whom you’re related?

Yes, she also must have done 23&Me at some point.

Also lol he tried to contact her to see if she was interested in having any kind of family relationship but she was not.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

You watched the whole thing lol

I've seen every episode of the Simpsons, and I have no plans to stop watching it.

Marvel at my poor choices.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
In the latest episode, Bart decides he's had enough of his friends listening to boring music so he seeks out a local DJ who teaches him the art of "mubstep". Homer befriends a parrot that he meets while fixing Gils roof, but the parrots foul mouth gets him in hot water with Marge!
Featuring Kaley Cuoco as the DJ and Snoop Dogg as the parrot

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
lol that chick blocked me on twitter after I said how much the episode sucked and she was loving the corpse of the show

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lets Pickle posted:

Yes, she also must have done 23&Me at some point.

Also lol he tried to contact her to see if she was interested in having any kind of family relationship but she was not.

Guess that sucks but they have nothing in common except a lovely cheating dad so makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Teik posted:

lol that chick blocked me on twitter after I said how much the episode sucked and she was loving the corpse of the show

I’m shocked she would do such a thing.