Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I call it the Laffing Curve due to the high purity of lulz contained within the graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao @ the posts

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I’m in Lost Izalith today and I had to do something I’m not very proud of. Had to put down my best dog, Solaire... I guess that means I’m definitely playing NG+ at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Woke guy who's growing brain meme galaxy braim is so big hes actually dying of cranial swelling but nbd hes inventing a larger, superior skull as we speak: uh, actually streaming videogames is not very lucrative in turms of monetary compensation or opportunity cost. Allow me to show you this Statistical Curve, the Laffer curve, whom was invented by me, Larry L. Laffer.

Me, idiot MAGA chud 39 year old who plays visual novels and says "cuck" a lot: Holy poo poo.

,mfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mysterious loyall X posted:

The real dark souls is dodging this guy's epic flames about streaming videogamea

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

D'you think a zweihander +7 with charcoal resin would do more damage on a riposte than the demon's spear +5 i've been maining since anor londo, cuz I'm still getting good dmg out of the spear even though he supposedly has super lightning resist

i dont know. but i dont think changing the weapon is going to help u get hit less. i fight gwyn witout parrying him on purpose ... you just cant get hit by the grab. backstep or something

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I forgot about the DLC so I’m doing that instead of being a noob dipshit on Gwyn. People aren’t lying when they say Artorias is a good boss fight, that was incredibly fun

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I forgot about the DLC so I’m doing that instead of being a noob dipshit on Gwyn. People aren’t lying when they say Artorias is a good boss fight, that was incredibly fun
If you can beat Artorias you can walk all over Gwyn

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

meh. artorius isnt parryable.......different skillset imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

meh. artorius isnt parryable.......different skillset imo
I just think Artorias is a similar but much harder fight. Gwyn still kicked the poo poo out of me on my first character.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i had more trouble with artorias first time around. then again artorias is designed to punish greed super hard and i am a greedy motherfucker

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I believe in myself..

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

if I can beat defiled Amygdala anything is possible

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if you can beat gwyn then you're ready to fight the basic mooks in sekiro

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

if you can beat gwyn then you're ready to fight the basic mooks in sekiro

Lol for real. I know it'll take a few hours to adjust but I figured since I was doing cursed chalice dungeons no problem yesterday morning it would be much easier switch

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Kalameet is a nasty ho

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Lol I beat Manus and then went and easily stomped on Gwyn. Can’t decide if I want to play DS3 or Sekiro next.

:ninja: edit had to pick DS3. Need to see what based Miyazaki and the crew at From learned from Bloodborne before I tackle Sekiro

A CRUNK BIRD fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 25, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Lol I beat Manus and then went and easily stomped on Gwyn. Can’t decide if I want to play DS3 or Sekiro next.

:ninja: edit had to pick DS3. Need to see what based Miyazaki and the crew at From learned from Bloodborne before I tackle Sekiro

its funny to think that ds2 and bloodborne were developed at the same time lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

its funny to think that ds2 and bloodborne were developed at the same time lol

I’m deliberately leaving DS2 for later because Miyazaki was busy at the time with the best game I’ve ever played, Bloodborne

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I’m deliberately leaving DS2 for later because Miyazaki was busy at the time with the best game I’ve ever played, Bloodborne

ds2 is like ni-oh, its a pretty good knockoff.....except its an official sequel from the same developers so all the things that are worse are really confusing because u have to wonder why they were changed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ds3 was made by the ds2 team. duno why i need to keep saying it but it should be obvious to anyone whos played htem both

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

ds3 was made by the ds2 team. duno why i need to keep saying it but it should be obvious to anyone whos played htem both

I haven’t played either of them yet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

they learned a lot from what ds2 did wrong at least

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dark Souls 2 did nothing wrong, there’s an anvil on a stick.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't like the unpetryifing thing but other than that i like more parts of ds2 than I do ds3. Then again that's because ds2 is just 3x longer and most of that longer part is cut levels from gothic II featuring incredibly uninspired enemies

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah but this time they didn't have to start over at the 11th hour because of incompetent project management.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Catfishenfuego posted:

Yeah but this time they didn't have to start over at the 11th hour because of incompetent project management.

i think a lot of it was they just got better too. like the ds2 dlc was leagues ahead of the game .. then ds3 a step further

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the reality is DS3 has much better bosses than DS2 and everything else is window dressing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

they learned a lot from what ds2 did wrong at least

well heres the thing .. i really respect the work they did, even on ds2, which lets face it isnt very good. you could tell they were inexperienced, but they became top tier in just the span of a sequel .. so good that people apparently cant tell the difference between ds3 and ds1/bborne/sekiro etc which are the real A team games. its not like ubisoft, who are happy to push out poo poo every year. they obviously love what they do and all it took was miyazaki overseeing them for ds3 to make them shine a lot brighter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I can tell thendifferwnce between ds3 and then othher ones due to ds3 being hot garbage while thenother games are merely bad

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
After having beaten Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 I seem to be bouncing off DS3. Don't really have an urge to throw myself into it like I did the other two...something about it is just off to me I think

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

After having beaten Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 I seem to be bouncing off DS3. Don't really have an urge to throw myself into it like I did the other two...something about it is just off to me I think

Classic formula fatigue. It's why I never bothered with DS3 after BB.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

For me, it’s simply because Dinosaur Jerk said it’s bad.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Classic formula fatigue. It's why I never bothered with DS3 after BB.

Could be this

Wormskull posted:

For me, it’s simply because Dinosaur Jerk said it’s bad.

But it's probably this.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
ds3 seems a little rote to me. not bad but they were kinda dome with that universe i think

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the weapon art idea but otherwise it's just more of the same, and most of that same isn't significantly different from ideas explored in the first two games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if the open world version of ds2 still exists on a hard drive somewhere. I would like to gently caress around in it some day just to see where it went so wrong