Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Rosenstrasse made the stretch goals for both the book of essays and the two-player version !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Tsukuyumi launches Tuesday and I'm intrigued, but concerned by how little info is actually out there on the base game. Anyone KS the first run and have thoughts on it?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

One day left on the LIFTS: Ultimate Pump Edition kickstarter, which is currently 143% funded!

In LIFTS, the strongest person of your group takes on the role of Muscle Master - the person responsible for running the game. Everyone else creates a character represented by personality traits, skills, and a profession.

LIFTS includes a base game, Roboflex, which provides exercise-based rules for social, combat, pursuit, and technical challenges, as well as character advancement and adventure prompts. LIFTS also includes a number of supplements that modify the base Roboflex game, including:

• Muscle of the Week: a most terrifying experience about surviving a wicked monster. Featuring scary scenarios including Michael Pec Flyers, The Texas Deltoid Massacre, the Gothic classic Drake Ula, and more!

• Deadlifts & Dragons: Literally no adventuring experience is complete without the grand old dame of roleplaying games. Take on the role of a heroic fighter, rogue, warlord, or wizard and do battles with goblins, orcs, Beholdmes (tm), dragons, and dungeons.

• Shadowrunning: Can you survive the cardio dystopia in this all-running extravaganza? Run missions for the corporate oligarchy as you try to avoid being double crossed!

• Vampire - the Muscle Gain: Unlock the secrets of longevity as a brooding immortal member of the DOMSarilla, locked in eternal combat against the XFit Movement. Can you survive long enough to achieve Gainconda?

• A Very Special Guest Supplement: Secret guest author Cecil Howe (@swordpeddler) contributes The Forest Gymn & Picnic, a hike and a search gone wrong in The Forest Hymn!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

smdh that they didn't call it "swolconda"

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Carnival Zombie - 2nd edition just launched.

This is a highly anticipated new edition of a game that's been out of print for years and impossible to find. They've added quite a ton of stuff and it looks like it's gonna be a doozy of a project.

Best part is that manufacturing is all lined up and ready to go so they're shooting to deliver this Fall, which is impressive for such a big game with so many components.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Oh man, it's been YEARS since I thought about Carnival Zombie - I had it wishlisted for the longest time and kept thinking about pulling the trigger and pulling back. Thanks for the notice. Don't know that I'll pledge but going over to look now.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

How worried should I be that I'm only 11% funded four days in?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
That's not good. Ideally you should be a minimum of 34% funded by start of day 3.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

ManiacClown posted:

How worried should I be that I'm only 11% funded four days in?
Yeah that's below the curve for funded projects.

I'd consider killing the campaign, retooling, and bringing it back in a few months.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Anyone familiar with Last Sword Miniatures? They're running a kickstarter for a lizardmen army that looks interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/the-jungles-awakening/description

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametogrow/critical-core

My best friend who's a child therapist sent this my way - a RPG geared toward developing social and decision making skills for children on the spectrum.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 21, 2019

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CobiWann posted:

My best friend who's a child therapist sent this my way - a RPG geared toward developing social and decision making kills for children on the spectrum.

I'm assuming you meant to type skills, not kills :v: This is awesome, though.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 21, 2019

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

S.J. posted:

I'm assuming you meant to type skills, not kills :v: This is awesome, though.

It is a harsh would out there...

Fixed!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

CobiWann posted:

My best friend who's a child therapist sent this my way - a RPG geared toward developing social and decision making skills for children on the spectrum.

This looks pretty cool. I'm tempted to back at the "for a good cause" level, which is a great idea in and of itself -- I don't personally think I'll play this, but it's a good project and I'll be happy to subsidize a set for someone else.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I know nothing about this KS but that's a pretty good excuse for lateness:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918458549/the-sassoon-files/posts/2455655

quote:

We have suffered an unfortunate and unexpected setback with the off-set print run. On March 20th, the Chinese government ordered the destruction of our books. Although the printer returned our deposit, we need to find another printer and this will result in a delay in fulfillment. We are committed to completing the print run and fulfillment.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

If books can be pulped on a whim then we might see a lot less outsourcing to the PRC. Should be interesting to see if that affects the industry going forward.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Does anyone know of any good Kickstarter card games?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Zurui posted:

If books can be pulped on a whim then we might see a lot less outsourcing to the PRC. Should be interesting to see if that affects the industry going forward.

This is actually becoming a larger issue in publishing in general as you have the PRC refusing to allow books to be printed within their borders even if those books aren't intended for sale in the PRC. The big fear is that people will conform to the whims of the PRC and start to remove references to independent Taiwan or comments critical of Xi and the CCP because it's so much cheaper to print there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zurui posted:

They're almost certainly not being pulped "on a whim". They're being pulped because of how they depict China.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

xiw posted:

I know nothing about this KS but that's a pretty good excuse for lateness:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918458549/the-sassoon-files/posts/2455655

The guy in that video is Eos Press' Jesse Covner, who I imagine knows a lot about people getting screwed over in China.

Battle Mad Ronin
Aug 26, 2017

Jedit posted:

They're almost certainly not being pulped "on a whim". They're being pulped because of how they depict China.

I would not trust the Chinese government to judge a book fit for consumption. Even to acknowledge that there was a civil war going on in China during the period can get a book banned. Despite the civil war being a historical fact and a huge part of the Communist Party’s own propaganda and history. Even the mention of facts open up to interpretation of these facts, which might lead to interpretations different from the Party’s, which would be an intolerable challenge to their power.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Battle Mad Ronin posted:

I would not trust the Chinese government to judge a book fit for consumption. Even to acknowledge that there was a civil war going on in China during the period can get a book banned. Despite the civil war being a historical fact and a huge part of the Communist Party’s own propaganda and history. Even the mention of facts open up to interpretation of these facts, which might lead to interpretations different from the Party’s, which would be an intolerable challenge to their power.

I wouldn't trust them either. But the point is that it's not random. If you're going to print something like that in China, you should know this is going to happen.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I heard a couple of years ago that Malaysia was a better mfg/printing source because it's nearly as cheap as China and you don't have to deal with China's govt. Is that not actually the case?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Jedit posted:

I wouldn't trust them either. But the point is that it's not random. If you're going to print something like that in China, you should know this is going to happen.

This hasn't been the case historically though. China only recently started this policy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eisenkern Grav-Stug kickstarter is live! In about six hours it's already hit 9 grand of the 56 grand it needs to get filled, not bad at all. I'll definitely put in for one or two if I'm able in a couple weeks, but rest assured Mark's models are very high quality and well worth the price.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Defenistrator posted:

Does anyone know of any good Kickstarter card games?

Current campaigns?
https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?term=card+games&category_id=12&woe_id=0&sort=magic&seed=2589208&page=6

This one was posted earlier and seems like a cool concept - Wrestlenomicon
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/wrestlenomicon?ref=discovery_category

This is just an excuse to throw squishy burritos at each other (though technically it does involve cards) and is from the Exploding Kittens people. It's approaching 40,000 backers so no doubt this will be seen on a target shelf near you at some point. - Throw Throw Burrito
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/throw-throw-burrito?ref=discovery_category

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 25, 2019

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Chubbs posted:

Current campaigns?
https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?term=card+games&category_id=12&woe_id=0&sort=magic&seed=2589208&page=6

This one was posted earlier and seems like a cool concept - Wrestlenomicon
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/wrestlenomicon?ref=discovery_category

This is just an excuse to throw squishy burritos at each other (though technically it does involve cards) and is from the Exploding Kittens people. It's approaching 40,000 backers so no doubt this will be seen on a target shelf near you at some point. - Throw Throw Burrito
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/throw-throw-burrito?ref=discovery_category

Hey thanks!

The burrito one is right up my alley! I'm trying to fill my collectible card game gap that was left when netrunnner shut down. Really want something like that back besides megacorp.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like they're doing a reprint of Key Market. They really did a mixed job announcing it. Apparently R&D didn't get how updates went out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/breese/key-market-ii

Also, gently caress me, Glen More 2? I just got rolled on my taxes. :(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funtails/glen-more-ii-chronicles/description

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 26, 2019

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Pinnacle posted:

In 2016, Pinnacle Kickstarted Palladium Books’popular setting of Rifts® using the award-winning Savage Worlds system.

Launching April 16th, 2019, at noon Eastern, we’re bringing three new worldbooks to round out the continent of North America for Savage Rifts® via Kickstarter:

Rifts® North America: Arcana & Mysticism
Rifts® North America: Blood & Banes
Rifts® North America: Empires of Humanity

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pandemoniuminstitute/blood-on-the-clocktower/description

The game seems cool, but woof that price tag. Felt's not cheap, but it's also not particularly durable either. In my eyes this is pretty much the definition of a game that would be better as an app.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That game also seems complex as Hell. I haven't played social-deduction games in a while, but the pitch feels like one of those excessively byzantine Mafia setups created by bored veterans, and that much setup and mechanical complexity seems like it'd be intimidating and difficult for newer or more casual players.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Hey folks! Fellowship is returning to Kickstarter.

The 2nd edition has just launched on DTRPG as of two days ago, and now you can back this project to fund the new two fellowship books - Inverse Fellowship, containing 7 new playbooks and an Invells setting guide based on my Dungeon World setting expansion Inverse World, and A Fellowship In Rebellion, which compiles the old expansions into a new book and gives them a new nemesis - The Empire.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I wish I didn't like hardback games books so much more than PDFs. Small run good stuff costs, but ~$150+ after shipping for all three Fellowship books at-cost is a lot.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Hey gnome, maybe I'm missing something but it's not clear if you need the fellowship rulebook for Inverse and rebellion or if they are stand alone.

Also Shut Up and Sit Down apparently really like that blood on the clocktower game. With nothing they are usually very cautious about Kickstarter

neaden fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 29, 2019

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

neaden posted:

Also Shut Up and Sit Down apparently really like that blood on the clocktower game. With nothing they are usually very cautious about Kickstarter
SU&SD kind of pushing the FOMO felt a bit off considering I've heard them say multiple times that good games will pretty much always get some form of reprint. The game itself seems interesting and if I saw it at a convention or whatever I would love to give it a try, throwing over £100 at a game that will almost never see the table is incredibly off putting though. Like pospysyl said, this seems like a game that would make a great app, add a jackbox style thing for people to connect their phone to and most of the costly components are unnecessary.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Redundant posted:

SU&SD kind of pushing the FOMO felt a bit off considering I've heard them say multiple times that good games will pretty much always get some form of reprint. The game itself seems interesting and if I saw it at a convention or whatever I would love to give it a try, throwing over £100 at a game that will almost never see the table is incredibly off putting though. Like pospysyl said, this seems like a game that would make a great app, add a jackbox style thing for people to connect their phone to and most of the costly components are unnecessary.
Yeah, I find their support weird but I trust then enough that I think it is probably because they honestly do like it a lot.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

neaden posted:

Hey gnome, maybe I'm missing something but it's not clear if you need the fellowship rulebook for Inverse and rebellion or if they are stand alone.

You do need the core rulebook, I'll add some words about that to the kickstarter page

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Redundant posted:

I played Blood on the Clocktower at Gen Con last year and I was immediately sold. Given what the game is, they (or somebody) absolutely could make a version that didn't need the giant box or the felt tokens or three different editions of the game all packed in for cheaper, but 1) the box, while not an integral part of the game mechanics, is definitely an integral part of the presentation, 2) while you could moderate the game with pen and paper or an app, the tokens are especially useful for the more complex scenarios when things get switched around, and 3) the designers/makers have said they want the game to basically be playable during/after the apocalypse.

I totally get why people don't want to pay $100+ for what is basically "yet another social deduction game" but right after playing it, when they told me it would be a 2019 kickstarter and would be 80-100 dollars, I pretty much decided I would probably get it (or at least try to find a friend who was getting it). It's not a "throw in the bag and see if anyone wants to play" kind of game, like ONUW or Resistance, it's a "I want a big group to get together and just play this" like... I'm not even sure, but after playing it a few times, I'm even looking forward to running games.

It might be overpriced, and it might be a stupid gimmick, but it's one that I want and I'm all the way on board. (And yeah, if you like this sort of thing, play it at a con or something. Game is great.)

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Last day of the Time & Tide SLA Industries Fanzine. A rad wee (well, 100 page) zinequest zine all about why people are still drawn to the rad 90s sci fi horror rpg SLA Industries.

Lots of cool stuff, there's Sci-fi horror fiction, monster cakes (!), an interview with nightfall games, a whole bunch of other fan stuff!

A badge! Stickers! A SUPER SECRET UV INK PRINTED SECTION (whoa!).

I thino its a neat wee project. If you're interested in SLA Industries, Sci-fi horror, or are just curious, check it out. Only £5! And the more it funds, the more free copies available for those with financial hardship,which is nice.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Any opinions on Oceans, the next game in the Evolution series?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/northstargames/oceans-a-standalone-game-in-the-evolution-series?ref=discovery_category

I've only played Evolution: The Beginning, so I can't say I have a firm grasp of how these games work. I'd love a game with tons of pretty fish, but I'm not seeing a particular reason to back now, instead of waiting for retail.