Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

wait what the gently caress? how did this not get greater coverage? I didn't even know she was back in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grand Prize Winner posted:

wait what the gently caress? how did this not get greater coverage? I didn't even know she was back in jail

I'm pretty sure the BBC covered it, as well as my local news outlets, so I don't know maybe you just don't follow news?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm pretty sure the BBC covered it, as well as my local news outlets, so I don't know maybe you just don't follow news?

It's been covered, but I think they're right that it's been insufficiently covered.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Nextwave, starting Monica Rambeau and Tabby, an x-woman with an EU t-shirt and the mutant powers of theft & blowing poo poo up. They fight evil nick fury, and you can tell he's evil because he's white.

That's Elsa Bloodstone, not Tabby

also Nextwave is some good praxis:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Nextwave, starting Monica Rambeau and Tabby, an x-woman with an EU t-shirt and the mutant powers of theft & blowing poo poo up. They fight evil nick fury, and you can tell he's evil because he's white.

So David Hasselhoff?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grand Prize Winner posted:

she was jailed for contempt of court because she is refusing a subpoena to testify in grand jury proceedings

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
she's refusing because it would be a secret hearing, not a public one

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It was elsa bloodstone with the EU shirt, tabby is way too scattered to have opinions on politics.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Drunken Master III confirmed

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I remember the drunken driving thing from like a year ago. Someone must have tweetdecked that tweet which is why people are seeing it again

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

divabot posted:

:hmmyes:

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCK4tTu2nE&t=156s
Subbed for your pleasure.

The totally-not-nazis-party of Finland published a video for their election campaign. This is a day after the Finnish foreign minister(former leader of the totally-not-nazis-party, it's a long story) was attacked by an actual nazi.

Fun fact: the new leader, as seen in the end of the video, is cited in the Breivik manifesto as an inspiration.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cool, nazi rallying can be the left wing nascar

DONT THREAD ON ME has issued a correction as of 17:41 on Mar 25, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

divabot posted:

Jackie played Chun Li pretty well

I think it's time he did a white girl

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShelleDione/status/1109851635071619073

in LA we have this bitchass Sabo who styles himself as a right wing Banksy. So in other words, instead of "capitalism bad" it's "establishment good" and "remember when beer ads had big ol titties gently caress yeah bro"

you probably already heard about the Cair protests, they astroturfed some bus stops in the area (apparenlty they didn't actually pay for them). Appropriate because they used busses to bring in migrant labor from Latinos4trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/ShelleDione/status/1109851635071619073

in LA we have this bitchass Sabo who styles himself as a right wing Banksy. So in other words, instead of "capitalism bad" it's "establishment good" and "remember when beer ads had big ol titties gently caress yeah bro"

you probably already heard about the Cair protests, they astroturfed some bus stops in the area (apparenlty they didn't actually pay for them). Appropriate because they used busses to bring in migrant labor from Latinos4trump

uh, Banksy is groan-worthy at time but at least they do art and don't just hang up posters lmfao, still it's surprisingly honest about what a right wing response to Banksy would be - call up some dark fund pac and have them print some stuff out for you to distribute

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

uh, Banksy is groan-worthy at time but at least they do art and don't just hang up posters lmfao, still it's surprisingly honest about what a right wing response to Banksy would be - call up some dark fund pac and have them print some stuff out for you to distribute

when they hosed up Trump's star on hollywood blvd their response was to put up a bunch of stickers

it's always as clever as saying "no u" and about as subversive as a der ewige jude leaflet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

when they hosed up Trump's star on hollywood blvd their response was to put up a bunch of stickers

it's always as clever as saying "no u" and about as subversive as a der ewige jude leaflet

lol, I'm no huge fan of postmoderism and whatever other style the fash loathe with a surprising vigor, but if this is the alternative I'll gladly join the ranks of people who pretend to have read Finnegan's Wake

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

lol, I'm no huge fan of postmoderism and whatever other style the fash loathe with a surprising vigor, but if this is the alternative I'll gladly join the ranks of people who pretend to have read Finnegan's Wake

it's basically Andy Warhol if the can of soup was just an unironic advertisement

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i bet it would be pretty easy to doxx sabo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Conservatism has actually really embraced postmodernism since the turn of the century. That’s kind of what 4chan is. The religious right was probably the last holdout, but if they love Trump, then all is permitted.

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Epic High Five posted:

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Conservatism has actually really embraced postmodernism since the turn of the century. That’s kind of what 4chan is. The religious right was probably the last holdout, but if they love Trump, then all is permitted.

Neither of you know what pistmodernism is.

How ironic is it that we, here in the alt right thread, are getting our understanding of artistic traditions from Jordan Peterson?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/OhioWomensMarch/status/1109874826947248134?s=19

wow how very very normal this is! :shepface:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jakodee posted:

Neither of you know what pistmodernism is.

How ironic is it that we, here in the alt right thread, are getting our understanding of artistic traditions from Jordan Peterson?

I don't because I'm not a big art person, all I know is the people art people call post modernist and how that exists alongside other art people who say those people aren't, and that's about the extent of my concern about the subject. Not my fault that outside of academia it's the moron chuds driving the public perception of what post-modernist thinking and art is

how very odd that so many black activists keep turning up mysteriously murdered

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That's awful but I don't get what it has to do with this thread really

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019
No I mean that I don’t think very many or any CHUDs are postmodern in any way. I don’t mean to hijack the discussion or anything, but I often see postmodernism being described as “not caring about truth”, when that... isn’t really what it is at all? Whatever. I’m not actually that invested in this anyway since I’m not an art scholar or anything.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I don't because I'm not a big art person, all I know is the people art people call post modernist and how that exists alongside other art people who say those people aren't, and that's about the extent of my concern about the subject. Not my fault that outside of academia it's the moron chuds driving the public perception of what post-modernist thinking and art is

how very odd that so many black activists keep turning up mysteriously murdered

same day this bit of news came out too!

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1110203105730281473?s=19

yep reeel normal week! :shepface:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deified Data posted:

e. I think I better understand your question now, and should specify that no, it was not always a chud thing, the chud thing was a relatively recent development in the history of the property.

yeah. i remembered some stories from a couple years back about the writers being uber alt right, and then i didnt hear anything, i assumed they got purged by paradox.

so she was murdered by nazis or some weird incel fucker. that's depressing :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jakodee posted:

No I mean that I don’t think very many or any CHUDs are postmodern in any way. I don’t mean to hijack the discussion or anything, but I often see postmodernism being described as “not caring about truth”, when that... isn’t really what it is at all? Whatever. I’m not actually that invested in this anyway since I’m not an art scholar or anything.

I don't think I've ever heard any of them actually describe what they believe it to be, even Jorp is cagey and inconsistent

I think they just don't like stuff that doesn't have a straightforward and singular meaning or purpose, not because they oppose it on some foundational and well defended level, but because to be a chud in the first place you have to be so intellectually incurious as to be suspicious of even being presented with a situation where some people may think about things but are not demanded to do so

It's also why so many profoundly stupid motherfuckers like Gorka and Shapiro can generally be regarded as intellectual heavyweights in the movement, and why the Jorp v Zizek debate will be as unsatisfying as it is hilarious

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so she was murdered by nazis or some weird incel fucker. that's depressing :(

it'll be ruled a suicide, as all these black activists getting murdered by cops are

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Al! posted:

it'll be ruled a suicide, as all these black activists getting murdered by cops are

Or those two Saudi girls who were found at the bottom of the Hudson river duct taped together

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Al! posted:

or its a genuine suicide but nobody will believe that because cops keep killing other black activists

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

something something demon cracker nation

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

imagine being a leftist and not believing conspiracies are real

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
murdering someone isn’t really a conspiracy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgeonR275aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nkmFGfeec

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I know lots of black rights activists are being murdered by cops but white people can't use the N-word and that's true opresssion.

Elderbean has issued a correction as of 01:40 on Mar 26, 2019

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

be fair now, we don't know if they're being murdered by cops

they may be getting murdered by right wingers with the tacit approval of the cops

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
naw the average idiot right winger isn't working with the same understanding of who the activists are and why they should care enough to murder them

unless the cops are giving them info on the activists and that happens all the time so nevermind :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Spenny had a heck of a time after getting repeatedly owned by Kenny, hasn't he?