Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
To be fair, nerds do ruin everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phylodox posted:

That he’s a cool dude who dunks on ne-e-e-e-e-erds!!!

(Seriously, the whole “We hate nerds, nerds ruin everything!” is one of the weirder trends I’ve seen in Cinema Discusso, a forum that idolizes a man who writes thousands upon thousands of words pretending to be a communist robot film critic.)

Wha? Who are we talking about?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, nerds do ruin everything.

Nerds ruin everything.

Nerds make everything better.

Nerds are horrible.

Nerds are great.

Nowadays, everyone’s a nerd!

Except Donald Trump, and he’s the worst.

Nodosaur posted:

Wha? Who are we talking about?

The communist robot film critic? SuperMechagodzilla. It’s his whole schtick.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phylodox posted:

Nerds ruin everything.

Nerds make everything better.

Nerds are horrible.

Nerds are great.

Nowadays, everyone’s a nerd!

Except Donald Trump, and he’s the worst.

The communist robot film critic? SuperMechagodzilla. It’s his whole schtick.

Oh.

I realize that this is ironic coming from me considering I did that myself when I was stupider on this forum but should we really be going after specific posters?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nodosaur posted:

Oh.

I realize that this is ironic coming from me considering I did that myself when I was stupider on this forum but should we really be going after specific posters?

I’m not going after him, I’m just saying it’s ironic to poo poo talk nerds when your most prominent citizen is cosplaying iTrotsky. That’s nerdy as all get out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

Oh.

Especially when we have our own forum pariah to endlessly mock in DimTrebuchet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Extremely vocal nerds do ruin everything and run people off things. Nerds who scream at celebrities via twitter that they ruined whatever dumb character they want to gently caress. Those type of people are very narrow minded and can ruin a lot of things. They are never open to interpretation - they can never just be ok with something or to ignore it. It's all BEST EVER or poo poo GARBAGE.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Extremely vocal nerds do ruin everything and run people off things. Nerds who scream at celebrities via twitter that they ruined whatever dumb character they want to gently caress. Those type of people are very narrow minded and can ruin a lot of things. They are never open to interpretation - they can never just be ok with something or to ignore it. It's all BEST EVER or poo poo GARBAGE.

Those people are called assholes, and you find them in all walks of life, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hi I’m a nerd and declare that nerds are poo poo.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The nerds vs jocks axis hasn't really been relevant for years, imo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Hi I’m a nerd and declare that nerds are poo poo.

Yeah but who cares what some nerd thinks?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very good point!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm an extremely cool and sexy person and I declare that nerds are the worst and should be shoved in their lockers.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nodosaur posted:

We have a video of the guy comparing people who don’t like his movie to virgins, like that’s something that matters to film criticism.

What the hell are we supposed to take from that???

A guy who has probably had a few cocktails and is finally venting out his frustrations in public after years of being heavily criticized and bullied by shitheads online.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe that guy shouldn't be doing public speaking in such a state.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I sort of find it amusing that we've pivoted from "check out this cool video of Snyder being a badass nerd, silencing his critics forever" to "well, disregard this video, he's just stressed out and drunk"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe that guy shouldn't be doing public speaking in such a state.

Nah I say let him cut loose. It's always good to get poo poo off your chest imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fangz posted:

I sort of find it amusing that we've pivoted from "check out this cool video of Snyder being a badass nerd, silencing his critics forever" to "well, disregard this video, he's just stressed out and drunk"

Getting hammered and calling nerd bitch nerds virgin bitches is totally badass and cool, you virgin nerd!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fangz posted:

That video is all of those things though? :confused: and no way, don't disregard it. Its great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m fine with Snyder but I don’t really like that video. It comes off as incoherent.

Also dunking on nerds isn’t going to shut them up. They just more riled and nastier.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Also dunking on nerds isn’t going to shut them up. They just more riled and nastier.

Clearly, heh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

Clearly, heh.

Again, though, you realize that you’re also part of said dunked demographic, right?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

If you think this video is raising people's opinion of Snyder you are living in a dream world. Like seriously, I wasn't a fan of his work but I figured there was a distance between him and his most rabid fans, and that video erases that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Before this spirals out of control like a bad game of telephone what did he actually say? I can't listen to the audio here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Before this spirals out of control like a bad game of telephone what did he actually say? I can't listen to the audio here.

Verbatim

quote:

I'm like gently caress.. really. Like... like .. like .. like I'm like wake the gently caress UP. It's like ya know that's all. That's what I'm saying about like once you've lost your virginity to this FUCKIN' movie and then you come and say to me something about like 'oh my superhero wouldn't do that.' I'm like I'm like down the fuckin' road on that, you know what I mean? And it's a cool point of view. Like I'm 100% fine .. it's a cool POV to be like 'My heroes are innocent. My heroes didn't like fuckin, ya know, LIE to America. My heroes didn't fuckin' ya know embezzle money, my heroes didn't fuckin' commit any atrocities. I'm like that's cool but you're livin' in a fuckin' dreamworld. And I guess, ya know, so the cool thing is like mythologically-speaking I'm 100% fine and by the way I love anything more than Superman and Batman, but in the same way that Alan Moore was fed up with the fuckin' like OK 'no ya know .. they do THIS

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vintersorg posted:

Teenage Fansub quoted it earlier, here's a transcription of at least part of it:

quote:

I'm like gently caress.. really. Like... like .. like .. like I'm like wake the gently caress UP. It's like ya know that's all. That's what I'm saying about like once you've lost your virginity to this FUCKIN' movie and then you come and say to me something about like 'oh my superhero wouldn't do that.' I'm like I'm like down the fuckin' road on that, you know what I mean? And it's a cool point of view. Like I'm 100% fine .. it's a cool POV to be like 'My heroes are innocent. My heroes didn't like fuckin, ya know, LIE to America. My heroes didn't fuckin' ya know embezzle money, my heroes didn't fuckin' commit any atrocities. I'm like that's cool but you're livin' in a fuckin' dreamworld. And I guess, ya know, so the cool thing is like mythologically-speaking I'm 100% fine and by the way I love anything more than Superman and Batman, but in the same way that Alan Moore was fed up with the fuckin' like OK 'no ya know .. they do THIS.

EDIT: ackkkk, beaten. I just wanted to share that amazingly baffling sequence of words with the world.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t make heads or tails of it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The basic gist of it is that people complain about Batman killing people are living in a fantasy world, and that his moral code is bullshit, he paralyzes people, embezzles money, defrauds investors, etc.

Except said a lot more drunker and in a fratty shorthand with s lot of "like" punctuation breaking up incomplete sentences

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Again, though, you realize that you’re also part of said dunked demographic, right?

Sure, but I'm not part of the toxic nerd demographic that calls him like the worst person alive because he made Superman kill Zod or whatever, which is who Zack is definitely ranting about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snyder's Batman commits the worst crimes of all: Theft of rich people's money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Getting hammered and calling nerd bitch nerds virgin bitches is totally badass and cool, you virgin nerd!

"What if Ogre from Revenge Of The Nerds directed a comic book movie."

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I'm gonna give him a pass. We've all been drunk and chatted a bunch of poo poo. I am sure he is frustrated, and I reckon these screenings are some much needed catharsis for him and his fans and I am glad they are enjoying them.

However, these "dunkings" on people who didn't care for a not very good super hero film from a couple years back are not quite the world ending burns that some people think they are. If you think that, you are, lol, living in a dreamworld.*

Like, there is a great irony in calling people nerds because they didn't, repeat, didn't care for the Batman vs Superman movie.

Edit: poo poo, joke already made.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

Sure, but I'm not part of the toxic nerd demographic that calls him like the worst person alive because he made Superman kill Zod or whatever, which is who Zack is definitely ranting about.

I mean...is he, though? From what he said, his own semi-coherent words, he’s just talking about people who disagreed with his take on the characters.

For the record, I don’t read his rambling as “dunking on nerds” at all (except for his weird virginity comment, that’s loving out there, I don’t know where he was even going with that). The dunking part seems like some weird projection going on.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

teagone posted:

Do you think anyone here thinks that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm thinking we're really inching close to a Snyder moratorium.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Karloff posted:

I'm gonna give him a pass. We've all been drunk and chatted a bunch of poo poo.
If you've done this in a professional context, you probably shouldn't have your job.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

I'm thinking we're really inching close to a Snyder moratorium.

oh please god

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not that surprising people get upset when they don't like a take on a character.

If the movie Batman isn't the character you've been a fan of for 20 years, you'd need to wait like 2 whole years for the new version reboot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s not getting fired from anything. And this felt more like an off the cuff fun event to raise some money, not a studio press tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The weird thing about Synder is that his boring bland movies are not offensively bad like Fantastic Four or X-Men 3. They are just boring and forgettable. I'm still astounded at the difference between how much is actually worth talking about in his movies, to how much discussion they generate in this thread even months (soon to be years) after they have been relevant.

I checked the thread after the weekend and I would be surprised if Endgame generates as many posts in the first 3 days of its release. Crazy. Please bring back the moratorium.