Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
I don't really get that last amendment. Haven't the EU said they'll say no unless we make a serious proposal? Telling the govt just to ask again gives them a way to no deal, if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Skips and Quavers are great for people with dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) because they melt in the mouth.
Probably not great if you're hungry, though. gently caress waiting for a whole pack to dissolve, one at a time.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

Space Raiders are great - can you still get them for 10p a pack?

I've only seen them in multipack form recently, but they are 10 small packs for £1 so yes.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Dead Goon posted:

My local (incidentally run by an ansynd coop) has the usual crisps and nuts for a pound but space raiders at 10p

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

Dead Goon posted:

Individual packs are 25p now, but yeah cheap crisps are definitely the best.

I'm quite partial to Bobby's Beef Grills and Burger Balls, myself.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Owlkill posted:

I'm quite partial to Bobby's Beef Grills and Burger Balls, myself.

Bobby's are the BEST. It's my dream that Bobby does a Willy Wonka and I get the golden prawn cocktail spiral...

Gunder
May 22, 2003

marktheando posted:

I can't tell if this means you like them or not.

It means you have to put them on the ends of your fingers like rings and then eat them off one by one.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

marktheando posted:

I've only seen them in multipack form recently, but they are 10 small packs for £1 so yes.

Man, ditch the Freddo Index we need the Space Raider Gold Standard.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Maybe, just before the referendum, there was a rumour that the EU was going to rename the Great British Crisp as a "high-fat hydrogenated vegetable disk" and that's what caused Leave to win?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Also, the best tasting crisps I ever remember eating were from the early 90s. They were a part of that Phileas Fogg brand, and they were called California Sun Chips. They were magical, but my parents would never let me have them.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Question IRL posted:

Looking at that Crisp Pyramid, I'm struck by how Irish shops sell all of those brands...Plus a load of objectively better crisps like O'Donnell's, Keogh's, King, Tayto, Rancheros, Ripples and of course Hunky Dorey's.

But I'm not surprised that we mastered the potatoes based snack.

Just remember the great Monster Munch, when the big bastard british brand came in and bought (or beat in a trademark war) the rights to our own beloved spicy Monster Munch. They then became the Mighty Munch and the invader Monster Munch disappeared off, within sharp order, to the giant importing pound shop shelves when its inferior taste and mouthfeel could not conquer the better crisp market.

Mr Tayto can stand strong and proud over that one.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A big space raiders bag is 20p last time I saw them.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Looking at that Crisp Pyramid, I'm struck by how Irish shops sell all of those brands...Plus a load of objectively better crisps like O'Donnell's, Keogh's, King, Tayto, Rancheros, Ripples and of course Hunky Dorey's.

But I'm not surprised that we mastered the potatoes based snack.

Crisps were basically invented in Ireland. The modern flavoured crisp was created by Tayto in the 50s and the process was bought by UK/US companies. Prior to that it was just slices of fried potato with maybe some salt if you were feeling fancy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Random Integer posted:

Crisps were basically invented in Ireland. The modern flavoured crisp was created by Tayto in the 50s and the process was bought by UK/US companies. Prior to that it was just slices of fried potato with maybe some salt if you were feeling fancy.

An underappreciated part of snack history. Should have been eligible in at least two Nobel prize categories

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oh dear me posted:

I don't really get that last amendment. Haven't the EU said they'll say no unless we make a serious proposal? Telling the govt just to ask again gives them a way to no deal, if so.

They will allow a long extension - at least nine months, probably 21, and rumour has it as long as four years. However, we must elect MEPs for that period and in general behave as a full member is expected to.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jedit posted:

and in general behave as a full member is expected to.

So we have to take Farage back?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xtothez posted:

So we have to take Farage back?
Ideally flown back. Lets roll those dice again!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I am sure Keir Starmer is a good lad, but he's not great at speaking...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Been talking with the marental unit about Brexit. She says that May's speech today sounded like a woman patiently explaining to the police why she had to drown her children.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I like the cut of your mam's jib

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mrenda posted:

Just remember the great Monster Munch, when the big bastard british brand came in and bought (or beat in a trademark war) the rights to our own beloved spicy Monster Munch. They then became the Mighty Munch and the invader Monster Munch disappeared off, within sharp order, to the giant importing pound shop shelves when its inferior taste and mouthfeel could not conquer the better crisp market.

Mr Tayto can stand strong and proud over that one.

I see Mr. Tayto with his jacket off, singing

"Come out ye Mighty Munch,
I'll fight you a whole bunch.
Come show your wife
How you won those medals down in Poundland!"

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1110251652576145408

Letwin's amendment is the indicative votes amendment.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Discos. They're weapons-grade salt and vinegar flavouring spread onto reconstituted potato discs. The only places near here that sell them only sell grab-bags, which is awesome.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"We must play the ball and not the man."

or both.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 25, 2019

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Soylent Yellow posted:

Discos. They're weapon-strength salt and vinegar flavouring spread onto reconstituted potato discs. The only places near here that sell them only sell grab-bags, which is awesome.

Then you've got the creamy cheese and onion to tame what's happening to your tastebuds and prawn cocktail to offset the direct sharpness of the salt and vinegar with it's own fulsome twang.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/el_DJ_H/status/1109551033699758081

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Sanford posted:

I just got my allotment, six years after applying. How long to taters take to grow? What can I put in now to not die by Brexit time?

Edit: it’s got two greenhouses! A twelve-footer and an eight-footer that’s heated!

Congrats! I'm still putting out my early spuds as well as my main croppers- I took some pics for my thread and will chuck em up here when I get a chance. Plenty of stuff like radishes have really short grow times if you want rapid results, spuds range from about 70 days to 120

Jealous of them greenhouses

Gunder posted:

Also, the best tasting crisps I ever remember eating were from the early 90s. They were a part of that Phileas Fogg brand, and they were called California Sun Chips. They were magical, but my parents would never let me have them.

Phileas Fogg did some mini garlic bread things that were somehow the most garlicy thing on earth and I loved them but being a poor rarely had them and now they don't exist

Just like lea and perrins used to have a garlic sauce and that went away too, like all good things :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This guy writes fo rthe jewish chronicle

https://twitter.com/lmharpin/status/1110253947762151424

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Coohoolin posted:

your experience tbh matters a bit less than like, actual policy and campaign goals

hey guys please don't claim to speak for the labour party and say they want good things for me, my experience with Aberdeen Labour is that they're all corrupt bastards

I don't think the discussion needs to take in policy and campaign goals of Yes Scotland. I was addressing the guff you keep spewing about Scottish nationalism being lovely and an entirely good thing unlike all those other nationalisms, as if nobody else here has any experience of the phenomenon. In my experience it very often wasn't nice at all. Also you should really try addressing people you disagree with on here without the endless sarcasm because it makes you come across like a petulant baby.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

jeez poor warsi

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Soylent Yellow posted:

Discos. They're weapons-grade salt and vinegar flavouring spread onto reconstituted potato discs. The only places near here that sell them only sell grab-bags, which is awesome.

You're talking my language!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

V. Illych L. posted:

jeez poor warsi

She's still a tory, and the fact that she tackles Islamophobia (I assume because it affects her personally) doesn't remove that stain.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Soylent Yellow posted:

When you get a nice fresh bag of salt of vinegar - oh my word, so strong :)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
The Celebratory March 29th Brexit coin hasn't been minted yet. Which is good given that's not the date anymore, but I'm betting it wasn't funded despite being announced in the budget.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-50p-coin-hasnt-actually-14184110

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1110258050856861696

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Jedit posted:

They will allow a long extension - at least nine months, probably 21, and rumour has it as long as four years. However, we must elect MEPs for that period

But the amendment doesn't say "agree to elections and ask for extension" - that's what worries me. Telling May just to ask for things could go horribly wrong.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

crispix posted:

I don't think the discussion needs to take in policy and campaign goals of Yes Scotland. I was addressing the guff you keep spewing about Scottish nationalism being lovely and an entirely good thing unlike all those other nationalisms, as if nobody else here has any experience of the phenomenon. In my experience it very often wasn't nice at all. Also you should really try addressing people you disagree with on here without the endless sarcasm because it makes you come across like a petulant baby.

you've consistently been a massive rear end in a top hat to me since i joined the forums, initially for no other reason than me having the audacity to emigrate to scotland and have positive opinions about scottish independence. your interactions with me have been nothing but snide, down-putting, thinly veiled racist comments. if you ever disagreed with me, rather than engaging and trying to explain your part, you resorted instead to calling me a bourgie swiss idiot or some variation thereof. so i honestly don't give a flying gently caress, i think you're a massive rear end in a top hat and i'm not surprised that other people you've deigned to interact with, people you predetermined were "fanatics", thought so too.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Scott Walker has died :(

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

DesperateDan posted:

Phileas Fogg did some mini garlic bread things that were somehow the most garlicy thing on earth and I loved them but being a poor rarely had them and now they don't exist

Mignons morceaux they were called, and they were pulled from the shelves when it was discovered they came across the recipe in a leak from the archives at porton down.

We used to call them mingin' morsels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Been talking with the marental unit about Brexit. She says that May's speech today sounded like a woman patiently explaining to the police why she had to drown her children.
Sometimes you have to do that though.

If my children were the Conservative Party as represented in the House of Commons, for example, I'd be getting one of those big above ground pools and some sleeping pills years ago.