Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Do you own a swimming pool

If he does it’s definitely above ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Big Huski Boi posted:

Do you own a swimming pool

lol no

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

If he does it’s definitely above ground

lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a Toyota Corolla S that had a single bearing explode in its transmission

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
I have a Nissan Versa and the exhaust rusts out every 3-4 years. Outside that it’s a mostly reliable sucker that lives on the street and is salted to poo poo every winter, so I expect these things.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I have Ducati which is painted Rosso Corsa which is awesome unlike the current Ducati MotoGP bikes which are painted audi rennsport rot which is very sad

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Check out this classic meme: Gigi Galli is old and owns a pool :corsair:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

My car had the OEM 14” until late last year on R888s, but Toyo discontinued the 205/55R14 size.

I thought the R888 was phased out for the R888R

I was gonna say im suprised you run square but then I guess the rears are not too different in width to the oem ones. My front wheels are like +30 offset or probably worse now because I wanted more camber up front.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It was, and the R888R doesn’t have them.

Stock size is 195/60R14(f) and 205/60R14(r) on the early models.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I have Ducati which is painted Rosso Corsa which is awesome unlike the current Ducati MotoGP bikes which are painted audi rennsport rot which is very sad

Actually the MissionWinnow Red is very blessed.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

tuo posted:

Because you should never stop someone from buying a green car. It's basically a law, they just never got around to write it down because the drove around in awesome green cars.

Electric blue is also cool, though, and one of the few colors that look even better when used semi-matte, similar to that curry yellow which is awesome in semi-matte.

I had a cactus green S4 Avant for a couple of years, it owned bones. I currently drive a TTRS, yes I’m a hairdresser

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

GramCracker posted:

I had a cactus green S4 Avant for a couple of years, it owned bones. I currently drive a TTRS, yes I’m a hairdresser

It's sad that such an awesome color was wasted on an S4, which is a bad car, from a bad company, but I applaud you for the good taste in car color.

e: my current car is white, black and blue. But I have a cool and good laguna green 850 CSI, which is what I will take to the grave with me, or will die in, I don't know yet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I was picking up my car they had a GTI Rabbit Edition on display in what they call "cornflower blue." It is absolutely not that color but it is good as hell.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I have a base model-rear end Corolla that I am finally about to pay off my far-too-long loan for because I live in a city where a car is pretty much required but had to buy one before I could really afford it

I'll be driving it until it dies because lol @ ever wanting car payments again

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The E31 is the rich man’s Ford Probe and I mean that in the best way.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Honda reckons it’s still quite far away from Mercedes and Ferrari. They are targeting a win later this year.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Frond posted:

It's true. Beeing an E31 nerd, I caught myself a couple of times seeing a car somewhere thinking "oh, wow, another E31 here?" only to come closer and realize it's a car not as good as the E31, mostly a Probe.

e: also, the Probe got the pop-up lights right, instead of whatever BMW did. If you ever tried to level them with the bonnet and rest of the car....yeah....BMW made a special tool to do it, and even that doesn't help much.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

I was picking up my car they had a GTI Rabbit Edition on display in what they call "cornflower blue." It is absolutely not that color but it is good as hell.

It’s a shame that they only offer that color as a lower spec trim, bc it owns

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Ford Probe would’ve been an incredibly good car had they just used the Yamaha engine on that instead of the Taurus.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

I think one of my favorite colors is that Limestone Grey, even though it looks brownish, they offer on the Golf R

tuo posted:

It's sad that such an awesome color was wasted on an S4, which is a bad car, from a bad company, but I applaud you for the good taste in car color.

e: my current car is white, black and blue. But I have a cool and good laguna green 850 CSI, which is what I will take to the grave with me, or will die in, I don't know yet.

Hey, gently caress you buddy :argh: my Avant owned

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 25, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

GramCracker posted:

Hey, gently caress you buddy :argh: my Avant owned

okay, that thing owns, I agreee

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sad lack of BMW ownership in here.
Sad.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

settle down Tony

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Sad.

You’re not fooling anyone with a base 1 series

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Khablam posted:

Sad.

I had a 540 for a while and it was rad but BMWs are fragile, poorly built garbage for dumb people

I had a pretty fuckin rad garage at one point. :smith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the falling down license plate

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
iospace may I have my gangtag back? Someone has bought me an avatar.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Sad.

NtotheTC posted:

settle down Tony

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Has there ever been a high-profile case of a car development gone so horribly wrong the team has decided to just take the previous year's model and tweak it if needed (regulation changes?) just before the car had to be ready for the next season. Can you even do that?

I promise I googled but found no answers

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dessel posted:

Has there ever been a high-profile case of a car development gone so horribly wrong the team has decided to just take the previous year's model and tweak it if needed (regulation changes?) just before the car had to be ready for the next season. Can you even do that?

McLaren MP4-18

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dessel posted:

Alfa Romeo in 1985, their 1985 car was dogshit and they returned to their 1984 car halfway through the year.

e) misread it as a team going back to a year old car in the middle of the year, but yeah, happened to McLaren in the early 2000s as well

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dessel posted:

There was some of that in the Turbo era. Brabham dropped BMW in the early stages to go back to Cosworth until the engine was better.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Alfa Romeo dragged out the previous year’s car in the middle of the 1985 season because the 185T was so bad. Cheever and Patrese finished the year in the 184TB.

Brabham also brought out the previous year’s car in 1986 for British GP. Oddly enough, only for Patrese.

The end results were largely the same; the cars had sat around undeveloped for a year and results were lacking. Neither scored any points.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

im the falling down license plate

This is why you use UV-resistant zip-ties on the outside of the car

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

There was some of that in the Turbo era. Brabham dropped BMW in the early stages to go back to Cosworth until the engine was better.

They would oddly flip back and forth between the DFV and BMW depending on round and driver. On the official results list Brabham-DFV and Brabham-BMW are listed separately.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah I thought Brabham were more or less swapping out their cars based on what they thought would work best on that circuit

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah I thought Brabham were more or less swapping out their cars based on what they thought would work best on that circuit

Officially no but that’s what it was. The early BMW Turbo had horrendous lag and terrible reliability even by the standards of the time. This was fixed by 1983.

IIRC BMW got pissed at Eccelstone because of it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Officially no but that’s what it was. The early BMW Turbo had horrendous lag and terrible reliability even by the standards of the time. This was fixed by 1983.

Yeah I think BMW pretty much forced the issue at some stage and told them if they wanted the engines they had to run them.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Brabham also had to completely redesign their 1983 car on really short notice (as did Toleman). The BT51 and early TG183 were complete ground effect cars and ready to test (the TG183 already appeared at th end of 1982).

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

settle down Tony
It's not an M3 because I didn't replace my blood with liquid cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

Ironically BMW literally pissed on their engine cases for that motor