Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i can't imagine sticking with this game for three years without being able to play the best made hero in the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The code has been given to Mierenenenekerurker! Enjoy!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Edit: ^^^ Thank you.

No Wave posted:

i can't imagine sticking with this game for three years without being able to play the best made hero in the game!

"I'm here to help!" :derp:

I mostly play tanks. And the occasional game of Jaina when she is part of the free rotation used to suffice.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 20, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jaina was my second character I got to 15 :love: first was Butcher :black101:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I miss this game

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

That's a rude thing to say to a perfectly alive game >_>

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I haven't played since the life support announcement. Is HL active enough to be worth reinstalling?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
They are merging TL and HL. I dunno what you mean with active enough but on EU anyway the queue times have not gotten any worse since the announcement that I've noticed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm sad. I was already tearing up our scrims where I played Chromie and they changed her.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

SirSamVimes posted:

I haven't played since the life support announcement. Is HL active enough to be worth reinstalling?

HL is dead as the dodo, but that's only because they changed TL to be solo or group queue, and so now everyone just queues for TL instead because the end-of-season rewards for TL are better.

Ranked as a whole is still active, but not if you want the HL solo-only experience.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm sad. I was already tearing up our scrims where I played Chromie and they changed her.

I'm of the opinion that Blizzard's obsessive need to completely and frequently re-work characters and classes in all their games is actually bad design, and not the cool open to change philosophy they think it is

I have this same problem with wow; any time I go back all my characters are completely changed and I hate it.

Imagine going back to a beloved fighting game and all the characters had been re-worked in the name of ~BaLaNcE~

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They're not selling loot boxes anymore lol

:rip:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

biznatchio posted:

HL is dead as the dodo, but that's only because they changed TL to be solo or group queue, and so now everyone just queues for TL instead because the end-of-season rewards for TL are better.

Ranked as a whole is still active, but not if you want the HL solo-only experience.

I meant ranked as a whole. I only mentioned HL because I misread a post and thought the HL/TL merge had already happened. :v:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cuntellectual posted:

They're not selling loot boxes anymore lol

:rip:

Wait, for real? I also haven't played since they rung the funeral bells, but the only reason to de-monetize the game is to avoid the poo poo-storm of people who have been spending money throwing a fit when you take it offline.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Europe is moving to banning the sale of loot boxes period so taking them away now probably doesn't hurt. Also, they probably made more money from boosts and bundles than loot boxes in this game anyway.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

Wait, for real? I also haven't played since they rung the funeral bells, but the only reason to de-monetize the game is to avoid the poo poo-storm of people who have been spending money throwing a fit when you take it offline.

You can now buy boxes with gold but not real money. Also probably no one was buying them in the first place.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah you can just buy skins directly with money/gems so no point in buying a loot box anyway.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I wasn't gonna play ranked at really but thought whatever let's finish TL placements for the turtle mount before merge happens. Just finished. Gold 3. 5 games and got Azmodan for all of them. A few times bans weren't even used, and when they were Diablo and Kael were banned, not my fat demon guy. :coolfish:

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Still here. Still playing QM.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I tried doing a couple placement matches in team league solo. I now have cancer over 95% of my body.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Biplane posted:

I tried doing a couple placement matches in team league solo. I now have cancer over 95% of my body.

you could try not taking the game so hard/mute everyone and just relax

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

skipThings posted:

you could try not taking the game so hard/mute everyone and just relax

that's probably what made the rest of my team give me cancer. :(

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

storm league loving owns

that is all

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The first quest for the new event (claim 8 merc camps) gives you a 3 day boost as a reward. In case you want to get more mileage out of it and save it for the weekend.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Mierenneuker posted:

The first quest for the new event (claim 8 merc camps) gives you a 3 day boost as a reward. In case you want to get more mileage out of it and save it for the weekend.

Yeah that's what planning, I logged in after the patch hit and had time for maybe one or two games, then when I saw that reward, and knew for the next few days I'll be pretty busy, I just logged off. :bravo: Good Job Blizzard in making your player base not want to play!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Im_Special posted:

Yeah that's what planning, I logged in after the patch hit and had time for maybe one or two games, then when I saw that reward, and knew for the next few days I'll be pretty busy, I just logged off. :bravo: Good Job Blizzard in making your player base not want to play!

i'm playing. i'm playing a lot. New chromie owns bones. And finally there's a chromie skin that isn't weird or hosed up.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Maybe I'm missing something but the new Butcher skin doesn't feel like a legendary at all. Either the advertised altered voice is so subtle so as to be meaningless or they forgot to put it in, because I couldn't pick up on it and the only meaningful graphical change is the ult you'll never take. W still uses the default graphic, too.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Biplane posted:

i'm playing. i'm playing a lot. New chromie owns bones. And finally there's a chromie skin that isn't weird or hosed up.

what build are you using?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Paranoid Peanut posted:

what build are you using?

Ive had the most success with W build, but depending on who youre facing Q can be real good with two echoes so long as you can reliably hit someone. I tried the spotting/orb quest against a nova/zeratul team and it worked pretty great.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I havent seen a normal comp in qm in like weeks. I guess no one plays tanks any more in general

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol if u dont leoric every chance u get~

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Leoric isn't a tank.

The thing about tanking in QM is that, at least from my perspective it's the least rewarding, most unfun role/mode combination in the game. Even more than playing a healer in QM. You're expected to lead, initiate, peel, protect, kill, and do everything 110% flawlessly if you don't want instant bitching. And your team WILL bail out on you if they so much as take one auto attack, leaving you to get slaughtered by the entire enemy comp. I have a high tolerance for the oddness of QM, and even for playing healers in QM. Tanking, though, is just miserable there.

Edit: Heaven forbid you get into a QM game that doesn't have healers as a tank also. You spend the entire match eating the enemy alpha strike, then either respawning or hearthing depending on if you're still alive. There's a reason Muradin is my most played tank by a mile.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 28, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

you spec leoric right he literally cannot die :stare:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A tank requires you to be able to do stuff like peel or control an area for your team. It's not just being tough to kill.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

bamhand posted:

A tank requires you to be able to do stuff like peel or control an area for your team. It's not just being tough to kill.

he can... slow them I guess, and maybe if you go tomb you can hard peel once every minute... :(

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I feel Muradin and Diablo are the most fun tanks to play because of their level of engagement.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I thought it was because they can kill things, eventually.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 28, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Leoric is the bone king. Leoric is fuckn cool.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

And there must always be a bone king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I feel Muradin and Diablo are the most fun tanks to play because of their level of engagement.

Etc is also super fun, if you can mitigate his relative squishyness.