Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1110227076831940608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
I expected nothing less

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The game itself has achieved CHIM and is attempting to make that which is intangible truly so.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Todd Howard has done it again!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I just install from my discs

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lol if you haven't talked your community theatre group into putting on a thinly disguised version of the story of the Nerevarine whenever you want to experience Morrowind.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
3 legged guar part raises some eyebrows tho

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I decided to make the most niche image possible

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

Lol if you haven't talked your community theatre group into putting on a thinly disguised version of the story of the Nerevarine whenever you want to experience Morrowind.

Welp, guess I know what I have to write up this weekend.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

I just install from my discs

my disc exploded from overuse(?) in like 2004

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

I decided to make the most niche image possible

I appreciate this.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

that is fantastic

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Can I steal this?

I've recently declared my intention to only post Morrowind/Thorbjørn Egner crossover content on twitter and that's prime material.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Go for it!

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
I just finished a Vanilla+ reinstall, seems to be stable, except for "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on."

I think it's Real Signposts, but I don't know what the problem might be. Game runs fine, so I might just skip that mod when I install for my girlfriend (big skyrim fan who wants to give morrowind a go now that she got a free copy).

I absolutely LOVE the quickloot mod by MBT, that's the single best QoL change I think I've ever seen, loving brilliant! I want to include more QoL mods to smooth out some of morrowind's rough edges for my girlfriend's first playthrough.

Other mods I will install before going deeper are:

-book/note/scroll text retextures (a bit pixelated vs. the HD textures)
-stamina/speed/magicka rebalance (recommendations for this? I don't remember what the good mods for it are called)

Does anybody have further suggestions of QoL mods for a Vanilla+ experience? Here's my modlist (I used the link to a wiki from the old morrowind STEP guide, and added a few choice things so far)

code:
#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Name
"0008","Animation Compilation"
"0005","Better Meshes"
"0007","Correct Meshes"
"0013","Creature VFX restoration"
"0002","DLC: Bloodmoon"
"0001","DLC: Tribunal"
"0015","Glowing Bitter Coast 10"
"0017","Graphic Herbalism (Main File)"
"0016","improvedfollowers 1"
"0009","Morrowind Enhanced Textures 2.1"
"0003","Morrowind Optimization Patch"
"0014","Ozzys Merged 1"
"0006","Patch for Purists"
"0018","QuickLoot"
"0024","Real Signposts"
"0010","Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees - Vanilla"
"0019","Sophisticated Save System v1.0.2"
"0020","Tamrielic Lore Tooltips"
"0022","UI Expansion v1.0"
"0000","Unmanaged: XE Sky Variations"
"0023","Uviriths Legacy 3"
"0011","Vanilla-friendly West Gash Tree Replacer"
"0021","Weapon Sheathing 1.4"
"0012","Westly"
"0004","WIP Detailed Correct UV Rocks"

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Open MW 0.45.0 released

CS Update

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-available-free

TR's latest expansion is now free for today only

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol rad I can't wait till my posters come in

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

A few hours early aren't you there?

In seriousness, is there any new content released today, or is it just a fun April Fool's/25th Anniversary joke?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

drat i love morrowind

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Poniard posted:

drat i love morrowind

i approach the elder scrolls with a unique style of play i call "cheat like a motherfucker". i know i'm probably missing out, but i always play bethesda games with god mode and spawn myself millions of gold pieces

despite this, i really enjoy these games, and morrowind has been my favorite. going from outlander schmuck to savior of morrowind was an amazing journey, experiencing multiple conflicting cultures and ideologies and bringing them together to support me in fighting a common foe. dealing with vivec was intriguing, noticing the information he gives you and the information that he doesn't give you about the past, and still fighting dagoth ur because holy poo poo some of those zombies don't have faces anymore how is this salvation? i'm just starting the quest in solstheim (A terrible place, I've heard. There's a boat from Khuul, if you have any reason to go.)

and i didn't even play morrowind until 2018 to now. i mean, i've made to caius cosades in the past, but that was about it. i may be playing the "right" way, but i can see why morrowind is so special.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The difference between cheating in Morrowind and coming across unlimited wealth and power "legitimately" is a few hours tops, and much much less if you have even the slightest idea of what you're doing. This is one instance where I'd say you're not missing out on anything at all.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
smdh if you don't only use items you pull from dead enemies

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

There's so much good poo poo just on the ground or in a tree stump

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Poniard posted:

drat i love morrowind

:same:

Been doing a replay past few weeks for the first time in a long while and the game is, still, just magic. No matter how static the NPCs are Vvardenfell is just an infinitely more compelling world to inhabit than any other Elder Scrolls game. The lore and the way it's integrated into the world and quest design are a huge part of that.

Finished the main quest last night and although Dagoth Ur gave me a free win in phase one by glitching out his animation (he was kneeling and waving his right hand about, I guess that's the stagger animation. Couldn't talk to him either), I'll take that as compensation for getting absolutely flattened by Almalexia in my first go at the Clockwork City. I came back a couple levels later with a bagful of Resist/Reflect/Spell Absorption potions and a Daedric Dai-katana enchanted with Damage Agility 36 pts on Strike and killed her in like five seconds.

Personally I'm not one to break the game right off the bat, I like progressing naturally. The only things I used some foreknowledge on were pilfering the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide cause I needed to donate something to the Museum of Artifacts and that was the only one whose location I remembered off the top of my head (and I am not using light armor), and selling some items to Creeper. I do have the difficulty up to 50 on this playthrough and I'm using MBT's Tribunal/Bloodmoon/Sixth House rebalance mods and occasionally still die if I'm cocky (mostly to the Sixth House or bosses).

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 1, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I do not want any mod that removes Creeper, but I bet I'd enjoy one that tries to explain him, and the orcish trap house he shacks up in.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Doc Hawkins posted:

I do not want any mod that removes Creeper, but I bet I'd enjoy one that tries to explain him, and the orcish trap house he shacks up in.

That is actually Barbas, taking the form of a scamp. It’s a random line in Oblivion according to the wiki.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, Creeper is Barbas, and since he's an extension of the wheeling-and-dealing Daedric Prince Clavicus Vile, it makes sense he's a merchant.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
So what's the deal with Mudcrab Merchant then?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

raminasi posted:

Well, they're a mudcrab. And they talk, so they're a talking mudcrab. And they sell stuff, so they're a talking mudcrab merchant. Just one-a life's little mysteries.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

raminasi posted:

INCREDIBLE BARGAINS!*

bargains may or may not be incredible

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

raminasi posted:

Mudcrabs have got all the money. They’re taking over everything. They already run Pelagiad.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

BBJoey posted:

Mudcrabs have got all the money. They’re taking over everything. They already run Pelagiad.

Filthy creatures.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Farewell.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wrong game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mudcrab merchant is a money laundering/tax haven operation the Telvanni agreed to set up through a familiar in their free enterprise zone for the Hlaalu in exchange for a cut of the untaxed profits

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

drkeiscool posted:

That is actually Barbas, taking the form of a scamp. It’s a random line in Oblivion according to the wiki.

I had forgotten this and I don't like it.

I'll be more specific: I want quests and dialogue that at least nod to the situation in that house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Creeper is the orc's fucktoy. They give him one (1) Septim every time they gently caress and cum in him because it makes him feel extra debased.

This is how he makes 5000 Septims every day.

e: not making a quest about this