Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

skaianDestiny posted:

Imagine if OPM season 1 was animated like the recent Berserk. Do you think it would've been as hype as it was?

I never bothered to actually watch the PV until now. (I didn't even know they changed studios.) And holy god, yeah. It looked like crap. What were they thinking? Why would you go from Madhouse to a studio whose last really well animated show was what? The original Railgun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/ad_PGP/status/1108178099764711424

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Is there any confirmation as to whether this will be 12 or 13 episodes?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
confirmed 13

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Expect My Mom posted:

how did they get this footage of me every monday

https://twitter.com/present_dic/status/1107886417177399296

e: for actual content here's some good omakes

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm so glad my brain totally forgot Self Defense Rush since reading the manga.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I re-read the manga to see if it was that abrupt there too, and yeah it went down the exact same way. Bones is doing the lord (reigen’s) work.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

trucutru posted:

What was the (official) reason for the change of studios anyways?

Esentially, the staff and studio that worked on it had other projects that they are working on but the production committee wanted to have season 2 out as soon as possible so they found someone else that willing to work on those conditions. By not having the director of season 1, they lost his contacts of freelancers he had too as they also moved onto other projects.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

psyer posted:

Esentially, the staff and studio that worked on it had other projects that they are working on but the production committee wanted to have season 2 out as soon as possible so they found someone else that willing to work on those conditions. By not having the director of season 1, they lost his contacts of freelancers he had too as they also moved onto other projects.

This seems like a really bad sequence of decisions yeah. Couldn't they have waited?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Raenir Salazar posted:

This seems like a really bad sequence of decisions yeah. Couldn't they have waited?

It's a similar situation to Attack on Titan. They waited until a few years between seasons and by then the popularity had fizzled out. It's already been 3 years since the first season of OPM and I don't think they can wait any longer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

psyer posted:

Haha, those dumb fucks.

Proven, highly motivated, extremely talented people that will work for cheap? No! We want it fast!

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's a similar situation to Attack on Titan. They waited until a few years between seasons and by then the popularity had fizzled out. It's already been 3 years since the first season of OPM and I don't think they can wait any longer.

If you consider the alternative then yes, they could.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 22, 2019

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

https://twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/1108201325668364288?s=20

Holy poo poo

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Holy poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Perfection

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

I think they were pretty faithful with Teruki.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I died at Kimberly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think localised Reigen would be a dubliner

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
100% friendship is the best

I'm gonna be so sad to see this season end

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Good thing Bones decided to not be dicks and have the same sort of cliffhanger as season 1 right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Good thing Bones decided to not be dicks and have the same sort of cliffhanger as season 1 right?

Would've been a mistake, lol. I believed them in S1, I sure wouldn't have believed here.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

100% friendship is the best

I'm gonna be so sad to see this season end

I'm glad Serizawa is in the friend group in the ED.

:unsmith:

Also posting this too since it seems like they aren't doing this joke

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Here's a raw cut from Episode 5
https://twitter.com/Xenophoss/status/1109834816076152833

https://twitter.com/Xenophoss/status/1109941849257467904

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
100% friendship loving owned, episode owned, Mob owns.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Mob's a good lad and I'm glad he has so many honest to goodness friends now.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I knew Serizawa was too naive to just get tossed around like the other jerks in Claw, but it still felt good to see Mob help him through his doubts and insecurities after so many episodes of him climbing out of that kind of funk. Shame Toichiro couldn't take his advice and now has to get his rump kicked by an angry middle schooler, though I know it won't be as straightforward as that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also I like that, after Mob got to face Mogami as kind of an anti-mob, Toichiro is pretty clearly a sort of anti-Reigen. Though this does make me wish that his and Reigen's confrontation had been more decisive.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
hey look reigen still has an episode to save the day

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

incredible ep but that goes without saying at this point right

pencilling this in as aoty already

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do like that since Reigen just beat a Psychic with BRUTE FORCE he thought he could it again.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do like that since Reigen just beat a Psychic with BRUTE FORCE he thought he could it again.

That bit lands so much better having come right off the back of it actually loving working, yeah.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kuno posted:

100% friendship loving owned, episode owned, Mob owns.

Kitfox88 posted:

Mob's a good lad and I'm glad he has so many honest to goodness friends now.

Electric Phantasm posted:

This episode lasted forever in the moment but it was over too soon. Absolutely AOTY. This is a loving feel good anime, its like the exact opposite feels of Madoka or Re: Zero

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

skaianDestiny posted:

They already pulled that in episode 8.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Really relate to Reigen being 100% ready and willing to shoot and kill a man for Mob because same, dude.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Given the subject of umbrellas lemme link an extremely wholesome omake.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

BaDandy posted:

Really relate to Reigen being 100% ready and willing to shoot and kill a man for Mob because same, dude.

Reigen being completely out of his depth but still making his way up to face the boss because he actually views himself as the adult responsible for Mob is so pure.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Reigen trying to fly :laffo:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One of the only dudes in Shonen history to go "actually middle school kids shouldn't have to fight adults" and then actually follow through. Reigan's pretty good. Underpays his employee but surprisingly responsible for a fraud the World's Greatest Psychic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

skaianDestiny posted:

Given the subject of umbrellas lemme link an extremely wholesome omake.

Little mob is weaponized :kimchi:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

BaDandy posted:

Mob is a good boy and I would have done the same yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1110131847558643712