Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mob Psycho 100 is back, baby! Adapting the comic by ONE, Studio Bones is bringing us Season 2 of the best anime of 2016 imo. Continuing the adventures of eighth grader and incredibly powerful esper Shigeo Kageyama aka Mob, his mentor in spirit exorcism and self proclaimed greatest psychic Reigen Arataka, Mob's brother Ritsu, new friend Teruki Hanazawa and the....strongest? spirit Dimple after they defeated the Seventh Division of the esper criminal organization Claw.

Mob's life isn''t entirely focused on psychic showdowns though. As a student at Salt Middle School, Mob's in the Body Improvement Club to help make himself stronger, a friend of the telepathy club, a bunch of lazy teens, and is friends with Ichi Mezato, a girl in the newspaper club, who is aware of Mob's powerful abilities and uses that knowledge to string along the Psycho Helmet Cult, a group of people who have had fleeting sights of Mob's great power and seek to follow him. Mob doesn't care about that though, he just wants to be friends with the school's idol and old childhood friend, Tsubomi-chan

And so Mob's journey of self improvement and maturation continues as he seeks to find his place in the world without relying on his unnatural psychic abilities and who can say what other spirits, demons and espers and just plain weirdos will rise up this time?

this show is gonna kick rear end and will be airing on Crunchyroll starting January 7th. Season 1 is absolutely required viewing The manga is completed at this point and I totally recommend reading it, but if not this thread will accommodate you because there will be No Spoilers For Things That Haven't Happened In The Anime. I haven't seen an episode count yet so I honestly couldn't say what this season will cover, but it certainly won't be another 50 chapters like Season 1 was, cause things are gonna get wild and wild

PV1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwIUeJFvIP8
PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr43Sayk37s

this is gonna be one where I think you're honestly loving up if you dont watch it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ground floor for AOTY 2019 contender

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mob!

Mob!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I've gotta go rewatch season one before this starts. Im gonna get real into this.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Mob season 1 had a really weak first episode that it put me off at first, at some point later I tried again and ended up loving the rest of the season so I'm very excited for season 2.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

a kitten posted:

Mob!

Mob!

Just like Mob!

The preview really makes this look good, even aside from it adapting good material. Excited to see how it handles the pending arcs.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm really glad that the animation looks as awesome as ever.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm really glad that the animation looks as awesome as ever.

:same:

It still amazes me how they started with ONE's art and ended up making something this incredible looking out of it.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

I am hyped for Mob, but I don't think they are going to beat that S1 OP.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

hope the dub cast stays mostly the same

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Mob's going to have a bad time, isn't he?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Crabtree posted:

definitely gonna be a few rough episodes.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Crabtree posted:

Yeah it's....it's not gonna be great for a bit there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Daedalus1134 posted:

I am hyped for Mob, but I don't think they are going to beat that S1 OP.

PVs have confirmed that they absolutely have, musically at least.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Season 1 was probably my favourite show from 2016 so I am super stoked to see it coming back. Can't wait to visit the best club too.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is this gonna be up to the end of the manga or will they do another season? I should re watch the first one tho because it's been ages.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Going as far as the stuff in the trailers/posters hint at would put it as having the majority of whats left but not all of it. Would basically leave like one larger arc and a couple smaller arcs left.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I just watched season one last week... I liked the first half's episodic nonsense more than the shounen power level battles in the second half but it was all good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We still need an OP song called 100% so we are hoepfully getting another season.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah we'll def be getting Season 3, I don't see them finishing what's left in even 24 episodes. They are technically around fifty chapters left, but the chapters start getting decimal points so while on a paper a fight may be on Chapter 64 - 67, it'll be like Chapter 64.1, 64.2, 64.3, however long ONE decided a full chapter was, that's just a hypothetical example

P-Mack posted:

I just watched season one last week... I liked the first half's episodic nonsense more than the shounen power level battles in the second half but it was all good.
I think the Claw arc is the most classic shonen set up in the manga, but I could totally be misrembering, it's been a while

there's still weird goofy stuff but it gets serious still with big fights, but not really "big boss with powerful lieutenants and every good guy splits gets into a fight" like bleach and such iirc

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

We still need an OP song called 100% so we are hoepfully getting another season.

Next song is gonna be 99.99% just like the final chapters of the manga.

Season 4 is just going to be chapter 99 of the manga.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Claw arc needed to be classic shonen for Reigen to deconstruct it, as only a master can.

Believe in Reigen and Mob.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Huh, kind of neat. A recap OVA plus the new Episode 1 is getting a subtitled release at a number of US cinemas on Saturday afternoon.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/mob-psycho-100-season-2-premiere

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
drat, thanks for the heads up.

Looks it's in a ton of places too, even my theater got it. Me and my friend got Saturday plans then

JD
Jan 11, 2003
poo poo. I am seriously considering calling sick to go to that...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I can't wait to see how far mob can improve his body. Will he manage to make it into another recreational sports team? :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Went and saw the Reigen OVA + Season 2 ep 1 and dang this seems like it’s going to be a bit of a different vibe this season but still super good and funny.

Overheard walking out of the theatre: “I didn’t realize it was going to be so anime”

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'm excited. I'll save my thoughts on the episode for Monday but it seems really really good and basically just what I wanted.

The recap was nice too, the framing device was that Reigen wants to write a book about the events of Season 1 so he gets Mob to write it and make more about him, so Reigens face is just poorly placed on characters like Teru and Mob during their big Claw fights. It focused only on the big fights but that's kinda what you want and it was awesome to see in the theaters

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Never bet against ONE.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, that special is on Crunchyroll as well.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I learned that like two hours after i posted that summary when I went to the Crunchyroll page to check something

Glad i didnt watch it already before paying money to watch it again

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
New opening btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2czWPROvxrk

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamn I forgot how wild the art and style of the show is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just watched the OVA and lol of course Reigen 1000% is only thing that didn't get altered or cut down.

Edit: so how come CR got this OVA, but not for the other shows they stream?

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 7, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just watched the OVA and lol of course Reigen 1000% is only thing that didn't get altered or cut down.

Edit: so how come CR got this OVA, but not for the other shows they stream?

They get a (small) random assortment of them. Small enough that i can't actually remember which shows exactly, but at least more than just Mob.

I think they usually are a separate license from the show proper so sometimes the rights holder simply might not want to have it streamable, or costs too much, or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really need to finish the manga some day.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a kitten posted:

They get a (small) random assortment of them. Small enough that i can't actually remember which shows exactly, but at least more than just Mob.

I think they usually are a separate license from the show proper so sometimes the rights holder simply might not want to have it streamable, or costs too much, or something.

Makes sense, rights can get weird.

This is apparently the ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvKvO_irnik

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Can confirm that to be the ED. It might sound generic out of context, but idk I was tapping my foot to it. I like it

The episodes go up at 11am tomorrow btw

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really need to finish the manga some day.
it's incredibly good imo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What matters is how wild the animation is to make you really feel the music. Its just sound right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

it's incredibly good imo

I was at like 90. something, lost power for a while, and forgot where I was. what I'd read up to was great for sure tho