Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think I died like 10 times to Lady Butterfly today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

everything about sunken valley rules. the boss is possibly my favorite non-human boss in any soulsborne. I can't imagine them topping headless King Kong with a katana

Also I realized that you can aim at grapple points off-camera by aiming at their general direction with the left control stick

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

everything about sunken valley rules. the boss is possibly my favorite non-human boss in any soulsborne. I can't imagine them topping headless King Kong with a katana

Also I realized that you can aim at grapple points off-camera by aiming at their general direction with the left control stick

the second phase of that fight is kicking my rear end. first phase i can do no problem, like usual

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the goon dark souls podcast put out its sekiro impressions episode and its an hour of a sadbrains guy complaining about it being too hard. donald trump saying sad! and me kekking and memeing

I used to listen to this podcast and I eventually just hated everything about it, good to know they had a stellar comeback

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

are jizo statues like a thing I’m supposed to save for a boss fight or are they a “use them as soon as you pick one up” item

They're probably the rarest consumable in the game so

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm doing a no consumables run because I'm too stupid to remember to use them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been slurping on Candy and throwing oil around but otherwise forgetting other stuff I have. I guess I used a balloon once but didn't really notice much of an effect

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Its finally time for more sekiro.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Finally beat lady butterfly. I understand parrying now.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lady Butterly.... gomen

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

going zen and beating a boss after your 12th time...nothign like it

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
im extremely bad at this game but its so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Where's that lady who wanted some rice. I found some for her but don't remember .... I know she's on the mountain

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

goferchan posted:

Where's that lady who wanted some rice. I found some for her but don't remember .... I know she's on the mountain

i think shugendo icon, turn around and next to one of the buildings. then she moves to sunken valley? iirc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i think shugendo icon, turn around and next to one of the buildings. then she moves to sunken valley? iirc

Thanks I'll take a look! Have no idea what i'm doing with any of these side quests

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I do feel proud though because I think I found the happiest possible outcome for the depressed monk and the looter merchant dude . Not looking so hot for everyone else though lol-- I just cured my dragonrot after beating that last boss so I'm gonna go check in with everybody

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just thinking i was finally good at this game and a new boss pushed my poo poo in like 20 times jesus christ lmfao i need to sleep on this and like meditate on strats

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

just thinking i was finally good at this game and a new boss pushed my poo poo in like 20 times jesus christ lmfao i need to sleep on this and like meditate on strats

which 1?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Try hitting r1 and then blocking

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the thing where bullets/spirit emblems get more expensive is bullshit. from$oft always loving our wallets lategame, im glad i bought 999 when they only cost 10 coins

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(post depths+gun fort) Owl. he's loving nuts!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

the thing where bullets/spirit emblems get more expensive is bullshit. from$oft always loving our wallets lategame, im glad i bought 999 when they only cost 10 coins

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuu you just made me notice this

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

goferchan posted:

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuu you just made me notice this

this game especially is stingy with cash and exp so its like gently caress you mane.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

I do feel proud though because I think I found the happiest possible outcome for the depressed monk and the looter merchant dude . Not looking so hot for everyone else though lol-- I just cured my dragonrot after beating that last boss so I'm gonna go check in with everybody

i wanted to see what happened if i sent him to the astral plane, and it still seems fairly chill for him, so im glad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Post divine child spoilers: did anyone go back to their sparring buddy after finding the mortal blade? I was glad to be able to kill him , he wanted it, but I was kind of disappointed he just stood there and let me instead of unleashing his full power level against me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

this game especially is stingy with cash and exp so its like gently caress you mane.

No it's not lol. You can get like 5 levels and 5k sen in 2 laps of some of the later areas.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Post divine child spoilers: did anyone go back to their sparring buddy after finding the mortal blade? I was glad to be able to kill him , he wanted it, but I was kind of disappointed he just stood there and let me instead of unleashing his full power level against me
Doing so unlocks the true megaboss.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

bittersweet symphony starts playing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

American McGay posted:

No it's not lol. You can get like 5 levels and 5k sen in 2 laps of some of the later areas.

i guess im not there yet, i've been having to farm

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfaof

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I think I might be in the third act and just... wow. god drat it. gently caress.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

More like Oh, poo poo! Of The Water

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dduduhhhhhrrrhr huruurrrrrr

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

More like Oh, poo poo! Of The Water

shes cool as hell

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol at the (real late game spoilers) underwater headless