Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Looks like One Nation have referred Al-Jazeera to the AFP and ASIO for “interfering in Australian elections”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Watch the AFP do something while still doing nothing about Cash.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

Simon Birmingham on the radio this morning talking about the extremism of the greens high tax policies in the same conversation as one nation’s extremist views on race.

The Liberals have really jumped on the "anyone who isn't centralist right is an extremist" bandwagon

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

A Good Username posted:

Looks like One Nation have referred Al-Jazeera to the AFP and ASIO for “interfering in Australian elections”.

:munch:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

A Good Username posted:

Hahaha

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Like when they tried to cut the funding of the ABC in revenge for exposing all that electoral fraud they did.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Tasmantor posted:

The salmon farms in the D'Entrecasteaux channel her thoroughly hosed the surrounding environment. The nearby bay has a constant a algea problem now and when DPEPWE want to do water samples they get angrily moved on and calls from ministers telling them off.

I know this was a while ago, but there’s also a possibility that the feed they use reduces the health benefits (they add a whole bunch of stuff in the pellets) which might reduce the omega oils etc.
There was a doco on SBS a while ago from Matt Evans (the way less cooked brother of Pete) about fish farming

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Good Username posted:

One nation scared of legitimate news and things disruptive to disinformation? Never

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

One nation scared of legitimate news and things disruptive to disinformation? Never

It sounds "terrorist-y"

we had two Asian fellas in Orange one nation shirts handing out how to vote cards.
strange world.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

adamantium|wang posted:

The article goes on and on. Ashby and Dickson approached the NRA and Koch Industries for millions in donations and advice on how to provide a counter narrative to mass shootings a couple of months before foreign donations were banned.

A couple of months before foreign donations were banned AND while Hanson was publicly backing the ban.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Senior Liberals are disowning the party's hard-right vice president Teena McQueen following her train wreck performance on the ABC's Q&A program.

It can also be revealed that the Liberal Party's most senior officials, including president Nick Greiner, had twice requested that she cease going on Sky's right-wing, after dark programs. But she refused, saying the money she received to appear in her capacity as a party official was too much to relinquish, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

Mary-Lou Jarvis, president of the NSW Liberal Women’s Council, contacted party elders Nick Greiner, Chris Stone and Philip Ruddock on Monday night to complain about Ms McQueen's appearance.

Ms Jarvis told The Sydney Morning Heraldand The Age Ms McQueen did not represent the vast majority of Liberals.

"I am confident neither the Federal President, State President or State Director authorised her to speak on behalf of the Liberal Party," Ms Jarvis said.

"She was certainly not speaking on my behalf nor many other Liberals based on the complaints I received as the program progressed."

The Sydney Morning Herald and The Agehave been told that Ms McQueen's media appearances have been of concern to Liberals for some time.

In February, she was challenged at a meeting of the party's federal executive by Cabinet minister Simon Birmingham and Mr Greiner about her media appearances. Senator Birmingham stressed she needed to choose between being a media commentator or a party office bearer.

But she stunned colleagues when she refused, saying: "But I have a contract with Sky”.

"She wouldn't stop saying 'I have a contract and the money's good'," said one source familiar with the events of the February 15 discussion. It is one of two meetings in which Ms McQueen was asked to reconsider her television exposure.

Ms McQueen did not respond to a request for comment.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

A Good Username posted:

Haha, really? For reporting on stuff One Nation were doing in AMERICA?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Abalone Malone posted:

It sounds "terrorist-y"

we had two Asian fellas in Orange one nation shirts handing out how to vote cards.
strange world.

Pre sure they were being paid.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It sure was nice of everyone to hold back their dirt until after the election.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

New York: An elaborate sting operation has revealed that senior One Nation figures, including Pauline Hanson's chief-of-staff, sought millions of dollars in donations from the US pro-gun lobby to help them water down Australia's gun control laws.

A journalist from news network Al Jazeera, posing as the head of a fake Australian gun lobby group, secretly filmed Hanson's top adviser James Ashby and One Nation's Queensland leader Steve Dickson during a visit to Washington DC last year.

While in the US capital Ashby and Dickson met with representatives from the powerful National Rifle Association (NRA) and other conservative groups.

In a conversation with undercover reporter Rodger Muller, Dickson says that he hopes to raise $10 million from US pro-gun groups.

Ashby says they should aim higher and try to raise $20 million.

Ashby and Dickson agree that with that amount of money they could seize the balance of power in the House of Representatives and the Senate.

"If we could get that amount of money, imagine: we could change Australia," Dickson says.

"You'd have the whole government by the balls."

In a meeting with representatives from Koch Industries, a leading funder of US conservative causes, Dickson is recorded saying: "It's going to get down to money at the end of the day.

"We can change the voting system in our country, the way people operate, if we've got the money to do it.

"The ingredients are there, we just don't have the petrol to put in the engine.

"So whatever you can do would be fantastic."

Dickson is filmed telling pro-gun advocates that Australia has been importing "dangerous" Muslims who break into people's homes with baseball bats and steal everything they own.

"Our country's going into chaos," he says.

Ashby is filmed saying it would "f---ing rock the boat" if One Nation's meetings with US pro-gun were made public.

The meetings took place just before the Australian Parliament banned foreign donations.

Al Jazeera does not present evidence that One Nation ended up receiving funds from the NRA, Koch Industries or other US groups.

In a meeting filmed before Dickson's trip to the US, he tells Muller that he wants him to help gain support from the NRA for One Nation.

"This is about getting a political wing in Australia that can actually work hand in glove with the United States and the way the United States thinks," Dickson says.

"I want to be in bed with the United States.

"I say that unashamedly and I don't think Pauline's too much different."

In one meeting the NRA's media liaison Lars Dalseide offers Ashby and Dickson advice on what to say to gun control advocates after a mass shooting.

"How dare you stand on the graves of those children to put forward your political agenda?" Dalseide advises. "Just shame them to the whole idea."

He continues: "It's like, 'If you, if your policy, isn't good enough to stand on itself, how dare you use their deaths to push that forward?!'"

Ashby responds: "That's very good, very strong."

NRA lobbyist Brandi Graham is filmed telling Ashby and Dickson it would be "very beneficial" for the US pro-gun movement if they are able to relax Australia's gun laws.

"That helps us because the biggest argument we get from folks is, 'Well look at Australia.'"

One Nation has not responded to the documentary, which aired on Sunday night.

Muller's three-year undercover operation was so elaborate that he set up a pro-gun rights group named Gun Rights Australia with a detailed website. On it he describes himself as a "family man, a successful business man and rural property owner".

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...obox=1553547923

This feels an awful lot like treason..

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I didn't see it. What did the right-wing Liberal woman say on Q&A that was so bad?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hobo Erotica posted:

New York: An elaborate sting operation has revealed that senior One Nation figures, including Pauline Hanson's chief-of-staff, sought millions of dollars in donations from the US pro-gun lobby to help them water down Australia's gun control laws.

A journalist from news network Al Jazeera, posing as the head of a fake Australian gun lobby group, secretly filmed Hanson's top adviser James Ashby and One Nation's Queensland leader Steve Dickson during a visit to Washington DC last year.

While in the US capital Ashby and Dickson met with representatives from the powerful National Rifle Association (NRA) and other conservative groups.

In a conversation with undercover reporter Rodger Muller, Dickson says that he hopes to raise $10 million from US pro-gun groups.

Ashby says they should aim higher and try to raise $20 million.

Ashby and Dickson agree that with that amount of money they could seize the balance of power in the House of Representatives and the Senate.

"If we could get that amount of money, imagine: we could change Australia," Dickson says.

"You'd have the whole government by the balls."

In a meeting with representatives from Koch Industries, a leading funder of US conservative causes, Dickson is recorded saying: "It's going to get down to money at the end of the day.

"We can change the voting system in our country, the way people operate, if we've got the money to do it.

"The ingredients are there, we just don't have the petrol to put in the engine.

"So whatever you can do would be fantastic."

Dickson is filmed telling pro-gun advocates that Australia has been importing "dangerous" Muslims who break into people's homes with baseball bats and steal everything they own.

"Our country's going into chaos," he says.

Ashby is filmed saying it would "f---ing rock the boat" if One Nation's meetings with US pro-gun were made public.

The meetings took place just before the Australian Parliament banned foreign donations.

Al Jazeera does not present evidence that One Nation ended up receiving funds from the NRA, Koch Industries or other US groups.

In a meeting filmed before Dickson's trip to the US, he tells Muller that he wants him to help gain support from the NRA for One Nation.

"This is about getting a political wing in Australia that can actually work hand in glove with the United States and the way the United States thinks," Dickson says.

"I want to be in bed with the United States.

"I say that unashamedly and I don't think Pauline's too much different."

In one meeting the NRA's media liaison Lars Dalseide offers Ashby and Dickson advice on what to say to gun control advocates after a mass shooting.

"How dare you stand on the graves of those children to put forward your political agenda?" Dalseide advises. "Just shame them to the whole idea."

He continues: "It's like, 'If you, if your policy, isn't good enough to stand on itself, how dare you use their deaths to push that forward?!'"

Ashby responds: "That's very good, very strong."

NRA lobbyist Brandi Graham is filmed telling Ashby and Dickson it would be "very beneficial" for the US pro-gun movement if they are able to relax Australia's gun laws.

"That helps us because the biggest argument we get from folks is, 'Well look at Australia.'"

One Nation has not responded to the documentary, which aired on Sunday night.

Muller's three-year undercover operation was so elaborate that he set up a pro-gun rights group named Gun Rights Australia with a detailed website. On it he describes himself as a "family man, a successful business man and rural property owner".

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...obox=1553547923

One Nation under God.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

I didn't see it. What did the right-wing Liberal woman say on Q&A that was so bad?

A whole lot.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/q-and-a-teena-mcqueen-liberal-roxane-gay-goodness-me/

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1110292188406009856

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1110291983707193344

Is it just me or does Essential seem to swing much more wildly than newspoll?

Seem like it might be a unreliable piece of poo poo to be honest.

(also yeah this is absolutely margin of error I get that)

Edit: Also holy poo poo just read that article on the Q&A clusterfuck.

Will be interesting to see the fallout of that if there's a newspoll next week. Between this and the Waleed interview, and losing their signature campaign foundation, they're not having a good time.

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 26, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hopefully the PHON vote tanks a bit

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

there's a net +2 in that somehow, did 'other' lose a bunch?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

There's an other/not sure because the numbers only add up to 92.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

thatbastardken posted:

there's a net +2 in that somehow, did 'other' lose a bunch?

"Other" votes mystically vanish around an election. Given NSW is such a populous state I wouldn't be surprised if they could shift national polling slightly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Part of its other, part of its rounding.

Some parties lose votes that don’t bump them down a whole number, another party gains votes that does bump them up, the numbers show votes appearing out of nowhere

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Anidav posted:

-Increasingly nervous man

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Hobo Erotica posted:

Light treason

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's definitely illegal now, so I guess if any of that money actually shows up, they're in violation of campaign finance laws AGAIN.

Hopefully the judge will take into account prior offences when delivering her sentence, she'll go back to jail and it'll be 2007 again.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
chiming in on a previous topic to say that hyphenated surnames are good because it lets us know who will be first against the wall

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

https://twitter.com/ajenglish/status/1110250941574537220?s=21

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Their 3 year investigation appears to be conducted by a man in a cowboy hat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

swimsuit posted:

chiming in on a previous topic to say that hyphenated surnames are good because it lets us know who will be first against the wall

Poor people hyphenate surnames all the time now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Dude McAwesome posted:

In disguise as a One Nation supporter.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hobo Erotica posted:

There’s a direct line between lies like this and the shooting in Christchurch. I’d hope that the media would explicitly call that out, but I won’t hold my breath.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You can watch the al jazeera show on youtube if you don't want to wait til tonight.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Relaxing Australia's gun laws is vote winner for some I'd imagine.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Knobb Manwich posted:

Relaxing Australia's gun laws is vote winner for some I'd imagine.

I'm sure the 20 LDP voters will be thrilled

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dude McAwesome posted:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

The kind of people that vote PHON aren't going to be the least bit phased by this

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So what kind of charges can be brought against PHON for this?

Or if it a case of ‘hey PHON are poo poo, look at how poo poo they are’ even though the people that support them probably like the fact they want to weaken gun laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
They'll get in as much trouble as James Ashby when he was involved in the Slipper affair.