Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Pick posted:

this thread can legit help you

help me get a cheap sd2snes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh poo poo I missed this, I might end up lowtax-donation buying it sometime soon unless there’s something more fitting for the :aliexpress: name.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

taqueso posted:

That's silvervine, which (most) cats go nuts for like catnip.

You and I both know that there is a more than even chance of them just being sticks of anything growing outside some dude's house in rural China.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I know it grows wild in japan, maybe that is how it happens lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

You and I both know that there is a more than even chance of them just being sticks of anything growing outside some dude's house in rural China.

don’t trust the chinese right (i don’t actually think this to the person that’s going to report me)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
My cat can't get enough of my lemongrass, and that's free. It grows like a weed.

Just can't let her back in for a little while after or I have to clean up vomit.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
heeheex2, which console do you plan to use the flashcart on? i have an earlier model everdrive gb that's probably cheaper now since the new version came out

edit: those silicone rings are good for exercise and getting your hands dirty, but they're much too robust to be safe around machinery or something. if you like your finger skin and work with machines, just get a tattoo

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 24, 2019

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

SNES. I bought an All Stars + World cart off ali so hopefully it works fine, I don't really think i'd play any other snes games tbh

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I know tradesmen that wear their actual ring on a chain under their clothes when on shift.

But they aren't working with lathes and poo poo, so ymmv

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I will make my fortune on breakaway wedding rings

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Snowy posted:

I will make my fortune on breakaway wedding rings
They are called tungsten rings. Incredibly hard, but very brittle. Shatters under any compression. In theory its cool, but wouldn't trust them to a lathe or mill, but I'd trust them to any other manual operation.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Shut up Meg posted:

Are the flash deals the same for everyone, or are they personalised?

Personalised, with a decent amount of general or random items slugged in. I've had too many cases of looking at an item and then having it show up in the flash deals for it to be otherwise.

While we're on headphone chat, recommendations for in-ear buds? I like these for long flights, to seal out the noise so probably wired (not bluetooth), noise-cancelling would be nice but sound isolating is essential. I had a pair of Shures for years, but they broke and Shure's quality has gone downhill.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So is this what I think it is or what I think it is pretending to be?

Car Airbag Simulator Emulator Bypass Garage SRS Fault Finding Diagnostic Tool Car Auto Truck Universal

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

nonathlon posted:

Personalised, with a decent amount of general or random items slugged in. I've had too many cases of looking at an item and then having it show up in the flash deals for it to be otherwise.

I may have just outed myself as a pervert then.

Assuming you don't think it is a buttplug, then 'yes'

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

norp posted:

I know tradesmen that wear their actual ring on a chain under their clothes when on shift.

But they aren't working with lathes and poo poo, so ymmv

I had a close call with my wedding ring after 22 years in a machine shop. I stopped wearing it completely, and I don't trust the silicone ones to break in time to save my digits.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

The real gift of this product is the QA section...

Ali Users posted:

Q: Suicide or homicidio by 2 dollars.
A: Not know just received.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ok so what is that airbag thingie? It makes it look like the airbags are functional or is there something more devious than that?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Snowy posted:

Ok so what is that airbag thingie? It makes it look like the airbags are functional or is there something more devious than that?

Exactly that. If you don't have a functional airbag, it:

Allows you to drive without a warning light on the dash
Get your car through inspection
Sell the car to an unsuspecting person.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Shut up Meg posted:

Exactly that. If you don't have a functional airbag, it:

Allows you to drive without a warning light on the dash
Get your car through inspection
Sell the car to an unsuspecting person.

Aftermarket steering wheels, cars used in competition w/ helmets, vehicles used on offroad surfaces; there's a ton of legit reasons for this too.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Ali also sells seatbelt buckles that you can click in to stop your car from beeping at you when you’re trying to drive free.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yippee cahier posted:

Ali also sells seatbelt buckles that you can click in to stop your car from beeping at you when you’re trying to drive free.

lol I have one of these but it’s because the weight sensor in the front passenger seat is stuck on so the car thinks there’s someone not wearing their belt and complains at me. Turnabout is fair play :hai:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why not just put the actual seat belt in it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yo wtf Ali app.

Just as I open the thread that pops up.

:tinfoil:

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Shut up Meg posted:

I have a suspicion it’s also related to this thread. If everyone views all the poo poo posted here, it’s likely to result in a grouped set of seemingly random products, it’s then likely to include other random crap from other goons as suggestions.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lowtax funding his new spine by selling a live feed of forums traffic to AliExpress.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Horse Clocks posted:

I have a suspicion it’s also related to this thread. If everyone views all the poo poo posted here, it’s likely to result in a grouped set of seemingly random products, it’s then likely to include other random crap from other goons as suggestions.

Is this why all my Amazon recommendations for a week were DIY-pearl jewelry kits after they came up in this thread? Or is that just because Amazon spies on everything, everywhere?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

wheatpuppy posted:

Is this why all my Amazon recommendations for a week were DIY-pearl jewelry kits after they came up in this thread? Or is that just because Amazon spies on everything, everywhere?

Because nobody clears THEIR GODDAMN COOKIES

gently caress

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ali links open in safari for me, and i'm only logged in on the app, so i never get terrible recommendations

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Right click, "open link in incognito window".

Doing anything else in the thread is madness.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Horse Clocks posted:

Anecdotally, this definitely seems to be happening to me

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Horse Clocks posted:

So, if there were enough of us, we could google-bomb the site so that everyone looking for, say, confederate flags would always get big black dildoes in their recommendations?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

So, if there were enough of us, we could google-bomb the site so that everyone looking for, say, confederate flags would always get big black dildoes in their recommendations?

Depends, mostly on how narrow they are on their analytics and if they only count impressions or purchases, or a mixed model of both. May also take into account session entry point and purchase etc

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Furia posted:

Depends, mostly on how narrow they are on their analytics and if they only count impressions or purchases, or a mixed model of both. May also take into account session entry point and purchase etc

I’m down for buying a few!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shut up Meg posted:

to be fair, there is no fun in being anything other than a pervert

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
All right fellow Ali goons, I have a request.

I'm moving into a studio apartment in about a month here (it's my first time living alone, woo) and I have most of the basic amenities but there is one massive gap in decor that I've just become aware of: fridge magnets.

Has anyone found some cool ones? I like luchadores and Pokemon and cute things and gay poo poo, if it helps. I figure Ali will be perfect for this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
fridge magnets

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i got these cute cat magnets lemme find em

e: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b0KFx1vm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pro click.

I’m not ordering any... I’m not ordering any.....

*clicks buy*

GDI!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Oh, come on.. why'd you have to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I would be very reluctant to allow my cats, who I love, to put anything that came from AliExpress into their mouths.

The main post hasn’t been updated in a few months. This thread need a “best-of” page or something. There’s so much stuff to wade through.