Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jobson groeth posted:

I too brag about having sex that didn't happen to get out of needles.

There's a needle-dick joke here waiting to be sussed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

RFC2324 posted:

This truly is a seriously good argument in favor of being gay tho

God drat look at the brains on this one :)

How long have you been on here again?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

krinklechip posted:

...and don't forget about folks that were in Europe in the '80s. May have that Mad Cow! (That's me... well, the Europe in 80s, not the... mad... anyway.)

I'm banned from donating for the same reason. Is Europe's blood supply considered permanently tainted because they presumably allow donations from people that lived there in the 80s? If they don't allow donations, where the hell do they get blood for transfusions? What about someone who got a transfusion in Europe recently - are they banned from donating blood in the US? Just how deep does this mad cow rabbit hole go?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RFC2324 posted:

This truly is a seriously good argument in favor of being gay tho

Not if you're a lady. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

It's cute until you realize the mother probably later cannibalized this cub because climate change is destroying their habitat and starving them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

DON'T TRANSFUSE ME
YOU'VE GOT HEPATITIS C

Jehovah won't witness, so
Now I gotta sign my will and go

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Jamesman posted:

It's cute until you realize the mother probably later cannibalized this cub because climate change is destroying their habitat and starving them.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Azathoth Prime posted:

I'm banned from donating for the same reason. Is Europe's blood supply considered permanently tainted because they presumably allow donations from people that lived there in the 80s? If they don't allow donations, where the hell do they get blood for transfusions? What about someone who got a transfusion in Europe recently - are they banned from donating blood in the US? Just how deep does this mad cow rabbit hole go?

They're stealing and stockpiling all the North American blood, it's the long game

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Jamesman posted:

drat, I was just gonna go with "yeah it's real funny that poor dude has stuff in its eye".

e: I'm not banned from donating blood

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ78dP-_7X4

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

These tuba wearing pictures always gross me out because musical instruments usually have a layer of dried spit and dust on the inside (because band kids are often gross and don't clean things)

Edit - on closer inspection those may be baritones

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dixville posted:

These tuba wearing pictures always gross me out because musical instruments usually have a layer of dried spit and dust on the inside (because band kids are often gross and don't clean things)

Thank you! I'm not sure wtf they are but they're definitely covered in spit

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > PYF Funny Pictures: I'm not sure wtf they are but they're definitely covered in spit

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dixville posted:

Those are definitely tubas/sousaphones.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I do it as part of an event for a local AIDS awareness group that works to break down the stigmas surrounding STD testing. Crazy I know. Get tested yall!

Content!

Apparently Monks are just Mages with pants.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Bloop posted:

:raise:

Blood donation restrictions are really loving stupid, though

Depends on the reason - for Prokhor, it's a lame bullshit excuse because homophobes and doesn't do anyone any good. I'm permanently barred from ever donating blood because I lived in the UK from 89-91 during the mad cow scare that went on..sucks but I wouldn't want to risk passing a prion disease through blood donating, even if the risk of me having it isn't that high.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, if you gays just had regular blood instead of that fancy twinkling rainbow blood you wouldn't be in this mess. Don't blame a bigoted system just because you're fabulous.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

If I ever need a transfusion, can I request gay blood? This feels like an untapped market of sorts.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hirayuki posted:

If I ever need a transfusion, can I request gay blood? This feels like an untapped market of sorts.

Peter Thiel alt account spotted

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

Peter Thiel alt account spotted

Thiel wants young blood not gay blood.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Azathoth Prime posted:

Why do you think florida man had to donate so much blood over the past two decades?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jobson groeth posted:

Thiel wants young blood not gay blood.

Young, gay blood is the sweetest, most nourishing blood. Any fool knows this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Depends on the reason - for Prokhor, it's a lame bullshit excuse because homophobes and doesn't do anyone any good.

:lol: yes how dare I be such an uppity homo :allears:

Funny pictures for the funny pictures thread

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Funny pictures for the funny pictures thread

This seems like a pro move. Your slide / talk is going to be a lot more memorable now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm pretty sure you've misinterpreted that post.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

And they changed it? last time I read the paperwork it said no gay sex after 1979 or you were banned.

So I could gently caress a 40 year old dude and we cool right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I could gently caress a 40 year old dude and we cool right?
No, but you could go back in time and gently caress an 80-year-old when they were 40.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
loving goons, no one in the funny pictures thread cares why you can or can’t give blood. Everyone agrees the restrictions are bullshit. No need to hash this out in slap fights for another 2 pages:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1110123551275646976

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Azathoth Prime posted:

I'm banned from donating for the same reason. Is Europe's blood supply considered permanently tainted because they presumably allow donations from people that lived there in the 80s?

The answer is yes. The UK, in particular, ran the numbers on the chances of giving someone mad cow from a transfusion tainted with prions (not very high) vs. the chances of a metric fuckton of people dying due to lack of blood products to give them (basically 1) and decided it was a risk worth taking. Other countries have the luxury of saying no to mad cow blood, so they do.

Anyway, picture. If someone could dub the opening lines of Sound of Silence over this it would probably fit well.

https://i.imgur.com/J3nlGoQ.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm gonna smoke an absolutely insane amount of drugs and then I'm gonna gently caress up Godzilla.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I make components out of donated blood for a midwestern blood bank in the US. Every time you donate you're tested. If your donation ever tests positive for blood-borne pathogens, you're flagged in our system and will be denied at any future attempt to donate. While the blood supply ebbs and flows (lol), apheresis plasma and platelets are WAY more in demand, and don't leave you tired like a whole blood donation. Also, mind your diet before donating, as fatty foods will make your plasma cloudy and lipemic, and it won't be able to be made into a transfusable product. A high protein diet and some exercise before donating is good.

If you're considering donating, DO IT! Most places will even offer gift cards for restaurants and whatnot to entice donors. It's an easy way to make a difference in someone's life.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I donated blood a couple of days ago. I didn’t think I would be allowed to, because I have a tattoo that’s less than a month old. Apparently, in my state, as long as you got the tattoo in a shop with a licensed artist, you’re good to go. For some reason, my blood came gushing out this time. The lady never left my side. After she hooked me up, she said (with a thick Eastern European accent), “The blood flows good!” I was off the table within a handful of minutes.

Reynold posted:

While the blood supply ebbs and flows (lol), apheresis plasma and platelets are WAY more in demand, and don't leave you tired like a whole blood donation.

Do most of you feel tired or dizzy after a donation? I never do. They always warn me about it, then ask me to be careful when I’m getting off the table, but I always feel fine except for that one second when I very first sit up after being on my back for a long time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I went and gave blood in January for the first time in a while and they asked me if I'd ever considered plasma. I was chatting with a dude on here who has an auto-immune disease about his treatment earlier that day, so I booked in for it and I've been doing it every two weeks since.

I've never felt dizzy afterwards, but it's kind of a hollow feeling, similar to like what getting a poor night's sleep feels like. They tell you to eat something salty before you come in for your donation, which I assume is to give you a little boost to blood pressure?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reynold posted:

I make components out of donated blood for a midwestern blood bank in the US. Every time you donate you're tested. If your donation ever tests positive for blood-borne pathogens, you're flagged in our system and will be denied at any future attempt to donate. While the blood supply ebbs and flows (lol), apheresis plasma and platelets are WAY more in demand, and don't leave you tired like a whole blood donation. Also, mind your diet before donating, as fatty foods will make your plasma cloudy and lipemic, and it won't be able to be made into a transfusable product. A high protein diet and some exercise before donating is good.

If you're considering donating, DO IT! Most places will even offer gift cards for restaurants and whatnot to entice donors. It's an easy way to make a difference in someone's life.

How far in advance, like hours or a week?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Stoatbringer posted:

That's almost an armful!

I appreciate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

There was a guy in CineD who said he didn't notice any Christian symbolism in MoS and explained it by saying he was Australian. Good times.