Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The f2005 and the f2004m counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I guess the McLaren M30 and Lotus 80 belong in that category as well.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I have a truck because I'm trying to get a job cross country and as soon as I get it and move I'll be getting into a car that's a lot more fun.

I had a Mustang, that was fun. I miss that car.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I have a new Subaru WRX as my daily / rallycross car and a E46 M3 as my track car. When I was younger I had a 5.0 V8 Mustang. :911:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This feels like a D&D thread but instead of comparing what anti-depressants we’re on it’s about what we drive. :unsmith:

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

This feels like a D&D thread but instead of comparing what anti-depressants we’re on it’s about what we drive. :unsmith:

I drive a Vauxhall SRi atm, more like the Schadenfreude thread

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just like our Max, I drive a Honda.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

If I was replacing my car right now, I would consider the Honda Civic Type R.

I really like the current shape of it for some bizarre reason.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im saving for a testarossa

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Cars are my anti-depressant, bud.

but gas is too fuckin expensive so i'm also on a bunch of actual ones too lol

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Powershift posted:

Cars are my anti-depressant, bud.

but gas is too fuckin expensive so i'm also on a bunch of actual ones too lol

Plus therapy!

Had a 228i. Got rid of it. Performance-wise it was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Much faster, nimble and fuel efficient than you'd first believe.
But:
- The electronic steering/braking/throttle was trash
- Suffered real bad acceleration input delay
- Massive A-pilars
- A BMW

Traded it in for a stock Hawkeye WRX wagon with 50k miles. Never looked back. (Had the bimmer been a manual, I might've kept it)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I tried to buy my wife a 328 when her Camry finally ate poo poo and she complained that it “reacts too fast when you accelerate.” We ended up with a Volvo S60 which is less fun but actually has more balls than I thought it would. Nice family car to park next to the brain damaged idiot mobile.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I tried to buy my wife a 328 when her Camry finally ate poo poo and she complained that it “reacts too fast when you accelerate.” We ended up with a Volvo S60 which is less fun but actually has more balls than I thought it would. Nice family car to park next to the brain damaged idiot mobile.

That's no way to talk about your wife's Volvo.

A company that will soon standardize biometrics and cameras into vehicles to make sure you're not drunk or jerking off.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Painting a Ferrari BRG to own the tifosi

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Painting a Ferrari BRG to own the tifosi

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
disgraceful, the big wigs at brussels should nuke that hell hole calle england ASAP

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm shopping around for something sensible like a Mazda6 because I am a grown up and need 4 doors

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm shopping around for something Sensible like a Mazda6 because I am a grown up and need 4 doors

The Golf has FIVE doors

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wish I still had the cheater VW TDI they had like pretty decent performance and 45 mpg shame about all the emissions I guess.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
BRG is kinda lame without contrasting accents actually. Unlike Rosso Corsa

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Love conquers all

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

BubbaGrace posted:

Love conquers all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreqJ1tYcys

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7av-OXMyg

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

All this talking of cars reminded me of the Ferrari I used to park near when I was going to the cricket a couple years ago.

Always laughed because of the number plate and their parking attempt.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BRG is the best car color.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

freeranger posted:

All this talking of cars reminded me of the Ferrari I used to park near when I was going to the cricket a couple years ago.

Always laughed because of the number plate and their parking attempt.

Yeah hate to shatter your reality here but that was very much intentional so shitheads don’t ding his door parking beside him.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

1500quidpoocati posted:

Yeah hate to shatter your reality here but that was very much intentional so shitheads don’t ding his door parking beside him.

I'd purposely park my Hilux ute against that to make the rich prick freak out

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

I had a 540 for a while and it was rad but BMWs are fragile, poorly built garbage for dumb people

:wrong:

Also, I had an 540i (E34) many years ago, and I can't believe my family convinced me that I have too many cars and sold it. It was loving awesome, the M60 is one of the best engines every built. And apart from an E39 TDs (which had an awful, awful engine), none of my BMWs ever let me down. Even the E39 managed to limp back to a garage for couple of kilometres with a hosed up turbo and lots of white smoke behind me.

The sad thing is, though, that BMW developed the opinion that it's okay to build ugly cars nowadays, which look like those bad photoshops if someone goes crazy and stretches every design detail to it's maximum.

e: btw: I don't want to exclude myself from dumb people, but I contest the "poorly built garbage" claim

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

e: btw: I don't want to exclude myself from dumb people, but I contest the "poorly built garbage" claim

open the hood on that i8, or use the interior manual door release then :colbert:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

Oh I'm well aware of that. But if he was going to park like that, he should be over more.

Some idiot would still try and fit in that gap.

Edit: Like this guy.... they were even smart enough to buy two tickets so they didn't get fined!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

open the hood on that i8, or use the interior manual door release then :colbert:

The hood is not to be opened, because there is nothing in there you need to access. Washer fluid and motor oil is accessed somewhere else. And the fact that it's super flimsy is weight reduction, because they tried to make the car as light as possible.
The manual door release is flimsy though, I give you that, so I'll try to never crash the car so it somehow no longer has power and I'll do my best to never get trapped on the rear seats.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

all my broken poo poo is weight reduction too. The drivers side window isn't meant to open.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

:wrong:

Also, I had an 540i (E34) many years ago, and I can't believe my family convinced me that I have too many cars and sold it. It was loving awesome, the M60 is one of the best engines every built. And apart from an E39 TDs (which had an awful, awful engine), none of my BMWs ever let me down. Even the E39 managed to limp back to a garage for couple of kilometres with a hosed up turbo and lots of white smoke behind me.

The sad thing is, though, that BMW developed the opinion that it's okay to build ugly cars nowadays, which look like those bad photoshops if someone goes crazy and stretches every design detail to it's maximum.

Counterpoint: my 645ci that though oil was fuel.

My W203 Mercedes C55 is now succumbing to the same form of automotive dementia and I'm thinking a relatively modern Audi S5 would be a good bet.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

My W203 Mercedes C55 is now succumbing to the same form of automotive dementia

P sure that's a feature of Mercedes

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

all my broken poo poo is weight reduction too.

Wait, you also work at Williams?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

That's how Mercedes won a shitload of qualifyings.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
My car is a train.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tuo posted:

Also, I had an 540i (E34) many years ago, and I can't believe my family convinced me that I have too many cars and sold it. It was loving awesome
Good poster with good opinions all around right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

freeranger posted:

Oh I'm well aware of that. But if he was going to park like that, he should be over more.

Some idiot would still try and fit in that gap.

Edit: Like this guy.... they were even smart enough to buy two tickets so they didn't get fined!

To be fair how else would you fit into that space? One vehicle is over the line and the other is hugging it.