Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Grand.... Wizards.....

:thunk:

helluva snype

refer to this:

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have no content that isn't easy material and none of it's recent

https://twitter.com/InSchlep/status/1016777341857648640

https://twitter.com/Trashius_Pandus/status/1101495077430530053

https://twitter.com/frances_birnie/status/1040322197380849664

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Man I wanna believe those are troll accounts but you never fuckin know these days

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The 2nd one IS a troll account made exclusively for things like this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClenchedFisk/status/1110367527891337216

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Proteus Jones posted:

The first one I saw was an HBO Special that had his bits about the Anglican Inquisition, the flag planting, and the Airborne Transvestite Brigade. I found it riotously funny.

I didn’t find his later stand up nearly as funny, but still made me laugh. But that might be more on me than him. I still love seeing him on TV and in movies.

That’s Dress to Kill, and it’s probably his most iconic work.

Incidentally, is Izzard still “he?” I always read him as just a guy who likes wearing dresses, but I think he/they identifies as non-binary now?

TinTower posted:

the political situation, more than in the last twenty years since the special came out, is very much last days of Rome.

That’s such a cliche.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guess she never saw the things her husband posted :v:

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

You are cordially invited to the wedding of JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I occasionally dip my toe into that antivaxx group and manage to snag one or two good ones before I start tugging frantically on the rope to be reeled back in. Here is a good one:

A loving idiot posted:

I am trying to prove that these diseases have low mortality rates, but all I can find is info showing high mortality rates in the 20s before vaccines were widespread, and I need to see the death numbers from 2010 - 2017 for diseases that were eradicated by vaccines pls ty

She is SO CLOSE.

We've also got someone asking how to treat measles at home naturally. Some answers:

"Carrot oil"
"Go about your life, it won't affect you too much"
"Keep them in a dark room"
"Measles resets your immune system so beware"

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Mar 26, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I occasionally dip my toe into that antivaxx group and manage to snag one or two good ones before I start tugging frantically on the rope to be reeled back in. Here is a good one:

They're so close.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jurgan posted:

Incidentally, is Izzard still “he?” I always read him as just a guy who likes wearing dresses, but I think he/they identifies as non-binary now?

His website refers to him as “him” and “he” so I guess he’s cool with those pronouns :shrug:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

John McCain was a war criminal and his daughter is as bad at politics as he was flying planes.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/thephilippics/status/1109754604462530560?s=21

Neoliberalism is dying your hair blue, and the more blue your hair is, the more neoliberal you are.

(Also, it’s totally not a coincidence that they’ve deliberately used a picture of one of the country’s most famous gay rights activists and one of the country’s most famous transgender people)

i love how people on the right literally dont understand the difference between liberalism, neoliberalism, leftism, communism, etc. like to them its all this big boogeyman

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i actually agree with this tweet lol

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Kanine posted:

i love how people on the right literally dont understand the difference between liberalism, neoliberalism, leftism, communism, etc. like to them its all this big boogeyman

I saw a video the other day where someone saw Anita Sarkeesian criticize neoliberalism and responded with “oh, but feminism is a new ideology that’s associated with liberals, doesn’t that make it part of this new buzzword you just invented?”

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

She is SO CLOSE.

We've also got someone asking how to treat measles at home naturally. Some answers:

"Carrot oil"
"Go about your life, it won't affect you too much"
"Keep them in a dark room"
"Measles resets your immune system so beware"

Hey that last bit is pretty close to true: https://www.princeton.edu/news/2015/05/07/deadly-shadow-measles-may-weaken-immune-system-three-years

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jurgan posted:

I saw a video the other day where someone saw Anita Sarkeesian criticize neoliberalism and responded with “oh, but feminism is a new ideology that’s associated with liberals, doesn’t that make it part of this new buzzword you just invented?”

That is fractally wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jurgan posted:

Everybody needs "term of art" tattooed on the back of their hand.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

The 2nd one IS a troll account made exclusively for things like this.

Well excuse me for not recognizing someone gimmick. I'm very easy to fool and with people like Shanely and Notch lowering the bar I don't know how to distinguish actual idiots from people just having a laugh.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Jurgan posted:

He identifies as a transvestite, not transgender.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

ulex minor posted:

He identifies as a transvestite, not transgender.

'Male Lesbian' :allears:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Executive Transvestite.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Running, jumping, climbing trees!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/emilyofpratt/status/1110396619860566016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Can’t believe that Chicago professor is on Kinja now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Women be shoppin' am I right fellas

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Ha ha, how hilarious that the space agency doesn’t have the proper equipment! :females: and their silly ways!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FOlks which of these space tubes feed me chardonnay the ladies know whats up

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

AlbieQuirky posted:

Ha ha, how hilarious that the space agency doesn’t have the proper equipment! :females: and their silly ways!

There are 11 EVA suits left. They're almost older than the astronauts wearing them (with frequent refurbishing). Let's not use that interesting take on the problem with scheduling the spacewalk.

Looks like it was just their twitter headline that was stupid though, the article itself was fine surprisingly.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Ha ha, how hilarious that the space agency doesn’t have the proper equipment!

It is in fact pretty funny

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zoux posted:

Women be shoppin' am I right fellas

I think it's less that and more "these suits are not built for women's sizing, and, on that note, isn't it really stupid that women have a size 0 and that it isn't standard across clothing manufacturers? these may be related." I might be giving more benefit of the doubt than I should, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Takoluka posted:

I think it's less that and more "these suits are not built for women's sizing, and, on that note, isn't it really stupid that women have a size 0 and that it isn't standard across clothing manufacturers? these may be related." I might be giving more benefit of the doubt than I should, though.

If they had a similar problem for men, they wouldn't include the gender-specific 80's-standup-comedy tier joke.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I can't click the link because its a photo but I do remember reading that those space suits are insanely expensive (way more than you would even think). The astronauts have to be almost like professional fighters in that they must be exactly the same size during the mission as when they were measured for it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

y'all should write a letter

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Idiots on Social Media: So you have big labia. Great

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Biplane posted:

Idiots on Social Media: So you have big labia. Great

That don't impress me much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyFEQeMYCU

But for labia

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

posion is posion

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

So does Labia Man think that women are proud of their large labia, and that the author of the article is humble-bragging the way a man would complain about his huge dick?

The punchline is that no, women are taught to not be comfortable with large labia. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Doesn't the grey strike on their name mean they aren't in that group anymore?