Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

Ah, after catching up I have a feeling we are about to dive headfirst into a cataclysmically brutal arc of obliterating akira's confidence

Bold move to go for that position but I'm dreading the outcome of it if #5 is basically the only decent one on the team, worse if he isn't since it's still vague

I'm going to dive into the manga and murder anyone who makes Akira cry :toughguy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kusaru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjXEIDbBxA
Noitamina's first BL anime is an adaptation of Given by Natsuki Kizu. I haven't read it yet because it's ongoing, but I really liked Links. Is an actual semi-serious, plot-having BL manga getting a series?

Looking forward to watching it soon. Also, 10 count getting an anime done the same studio as dmmd. RIP.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Useless Princess updated!

https://mangadex.org/title/28794/useless-princesses

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

I like how consistently terrible Fujishiro is at de-escalating any kind of conflict or dealing with anything that doesn't go the way she wants. She really has no coping strategies whatsoever beyond fight or flight.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Also, 10 count getting an anime done the same studio as dmmd. RIP.

oof that's not good news

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/35600/roid

This one's pretty interesting. Futuristic sci-fi yuri romance involving a robotics engineer, the girl who hired her to build a robot, and the robot herself after the client copied - not transferred, copied - her mind into it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I guess hatsukoi zombie got axed and so the author rushed out some half-brained ending and doesn't even address a critical aspect of the series, looks like it nosedives into the ground, crashing and burning before reaching a TWGOK ending I guess

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/35600/roid

This one's pretty interesting. Futuristic sci-fi yuri romance involving a robotics engineer, the girl who hired her to build a robot, and the robot herself after the client copied - not transferred, copied - her mind into it.
The two volumes listed on Baka-Updates exist according to amazon.co.jp, so it looks like the mangaka published a single story in a magazine and someone paid her to make it into a series; which means I'll be waiting for the series to be scanlated or picked up before reading it.
Still, thanks a lot for the recommendation!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

lol I guess hatsukoi zombie got axed and so the author rushed out some half-brained ending and doesn't even address a critical aspect of the series, looks like it nosedives into the ground, crashing and burning before reaching a TWGOK ending I guess

I was wondering what happened to it all of a sudden with all the practically Shymaylanian twists. I haven't read it in like 15 chapters, though, what happens?

moral of the story: Don't beat around the bush doing nothing for 80 chapters.

please do not end like this actual good harem series 5toubun. :ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ebino, the one good character at this point, gets walked all over by all the other characters and I assume winds up totally abused and left in the dirt by literally every other character

Turns out eve has been a heartbreak zombie the entire time, you see, she's just been masking it, the other eve that has been around the entire series has basically been erased at this point because Tarou wished for her to have a self and her own choices, and she wished herself out of existence because existence is pain for her

Ibusuki betrayed basically everyone's trust and is going to end up with Tarou anyways

Tarou is bad, full stop, and it's good he revealed his badness and pushed ebino away because he super doesn't deserve her after the way he treated her repeatedly

Series bad, it set things up to potentially have a good finale in a TWGOK way but got canned and flipped the table instead lol

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 24, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Here's a cute story of a trans couple (or rather a stereotypical "I like cute things and being seen as a woman, but I don't know (yet) if I want to be one" and straight up "I want to be a dudely dude and I like girls" couple)

https://mangadex.org/title/25476/sakura-chan-to-amane-kun

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgEbJ8tli0

The Nettaigyo mangaka is livestreaming herself drawing, if that's a thing anyone in here would be into.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Kind of a chill way to spend time, actually. I notice she spends a lot of time drawing hair. I absolutely HATE drawing hair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, as I just wrapped up Taishou Maiden Fairytale, the author has a new series, Shizuko is my Bride, about an oni from 1000 years ago who was married to a human princess who suddenly died one day, and in his grief, he turned to stone. But she was reincarnated in the modern day and he awakened to see her again.

I haven't actually read any of it yet but if it's handled as well as TMF, it should be worth a read, TMF was outstanding and genuinely emotionally powerful.

edit: ah, it's completed at 3 volumes, it seems, so it's a short series. But it seems to have been recently picked back up by a scanlator, so that's something.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just caught up on this series (3rd portion is still ongoing) and whew, it's so good.

Rouge
Gang fights and Yakuza dabblings. Sophomores versus seniors. Blood, rape and power. Mayhem rules Kishuu Private High School when the sophomore Nagato transfers into the all-boys school. Being battle-tested and oblivious to the hierarchy, the newcomer soon piques the senior leader's interest. When Nagato is suddenly confronted and defeated by the latter's lap dog, Ai, he vows to get back at his foe. Little does he know that Ai harbours a dark past behind his beautiful poker face...

CW: rape, violence
Sexual assault and the aftermath is a big part of the story and after reading this + the sequel I think it handles it well as a plot element without using it to be titillating. The school they attend is sort of a recruiting grounds for gangs and yakuza so there are plenty of fights. Nagato is straight up a heroic character, he kind of reminds me of a shounen manga hero where he doesn't know to be afraid of guys who have these terrible reputations, but is completely confident in his strength and ability to protect his friends. The way he takes care of Ai and is sensitive to his trauma really makes this one work. The extra layer of the older students passing the torch to the younger guys and having their own plot going on with yakuza drama gives it a little more depth than just a delinquent school romance.

Aka to Kuro
Yukio, son of the second-in-command of the Bidou Yakuza group, learns from the boss's son, Yamato, that the boss doesn't have long to live. In the face of Yamato's determination to take on the group despite only being a high school student, Yukio falls for him, and they unofficially exchange sakazuki. The two of them are certain that this bond will last a lifetime, but...

Yamato is the 3rd-year boss from Rouge, this one covers his history with Yukio and how they meet and the way their relationship develops; parts of it happen before Rouge and parts of it happen alongside, and there are a few scenes with Nagato and Ai as well but they aren't the focus of this one. It's almost entirely the yakuza side of the story with not much of the school stuff, and goes into the shifting tensions of succession and loyalty. It also goes into some of Yamato's motivations toward Ai and shows how he took care of him, and gives some glimpses of Ai's state of mind before he meets Nagato so it's a nice companion to Rouge that adds some character development.

La Vie en Rose
(there wasn't really much of a plot summary)

This one is a true sequel and picks up directly after Rouge; Yamato is the family head with Yukio at his right hand and Nagato is in charge of the school with Ai and his friends. There are rival gangs stirring up poo poo with the guys at school, a childhood friend with a bad history getting mixed up in it, and more of Nagato being super sweet and attentive to Ai :kimchi: Out of all the characters I think Nagato has ended up being a bit flat compared to the depth given to the older guys & Ai, although tbh he's kind of a surface-level guy so I don't know that he really has much more to plumb there lol. There are just 3 chapters translated so far and it's ongoing so no idea how long this one will end up being, I'm hoping for 2 volumes like the previous one so there's plenty of room for both the school plot and the yakuza plot to develop.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hey look something kind of different https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/roid_ch01#1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Two new chapters of The Girl You Are And Me (I linked just the first one), and I'm terrified about where this is headed. Especially knowing how much LGBT people are accepted in Japan (they aren't). Reading this manga is suffering.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

*snap* this one's going in my cute compilation

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i bounce off most of these trans mangas really hard but i really like this one so far

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Mikl posted:

I'm terrified about where this is headed. Especially knowing how much LGBT people are accepted in Japan (they aren't). Reading this manga is suffering.

I knooooow! I think Akira's being set up for a horrible fall by the loving soccer team r/n and it's like watching a trainwreck in very slow motion. :smith:
But at least Hime-san (seriously what a loving name, "Princess Cherry-blossom Pool") is gonna be there for her! :3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

god this artist is so smart

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That page is so good but also makes me so disappointed the mom isn't the main character

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 26, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

i bounce off most of these trans mangas really hard but i really like this one so far

hm it turns out the thing you need to make your trans manga cool is a lesbian delinquent...

e: but same, the mtf and ftm one that got posted recently while cute just felt very generic when it just came to the characters themselves and their relationship, and no genders is just in that weird middle ground that a lot of melodrama end up for me where its just kinda feels boring to me because it doesn't have enough of something.

i am still reading the cafe one though i am only really invested in the lesbian and transgirl in that one, all the other characters kinda bore me.
oh and i am still reading magical trans off and on occasionally i guess.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 26, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that works for most kinds of manga, though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Giri no Genders: :stare:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Rodyle posted:

People are probably having trouble finding Giniro no Genders if you spell the name wrong.

But yes, this is a total melodrama trash fire, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we learn what a spectacularly hosed up person dance lesbian is, too.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

hm it turns out the thing you need to make your trans manga cool is a lesbian delinquent...

this but unironically but also butch lesbian shonen protagonist

what's the cafe one?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Mobuko no Koi continues being sweet.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

this but unironically but also butch lesbian shonen protagonist

what's the cafe one?

This one. The main source of drama is similar to The Girl You Are And Me, only instead of being "If I, a girl, like my trans girl friend, does this mean I don't recognise her as a girl?" it's "If I, a boy, like my enby friend, does this mean I don't recognise their gender as valid?"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
ohhhhh completely blanked on that lol

https://twitter.com/Mangadotclub/status/1110857963445473282 thing by the gym manga person

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just read Fruit, Gateau au Chocolat which is pure fluff with salarymen who bond over going out to dinner with each other :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:woop: La Vie en Rose updated, great timing since I just caught up

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
There was a new Nettaigyo yesterday.

Good pupper.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rodyle posted:

ZiegeDame posted:

People are probably having trouble finding Giniro no Genders if you spell the name wrong.

But yes, this is a total melodrama trash fire, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we learn what a spectacularly hosed up person dance lesbian is, too.

Two more new chapters and you know what I think I'm done here

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Two more new chapters and you know what I think I'm done here

At this point I have to wonder if the author hates queer people because every single one in the manga other than the protagonist is varying degrees of trash people

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I really wanted to like this manga but the last two chapters are so disturbing and gross that I just can't. It's one big :yikes: after another.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sounds like ducking out pretty much immediately was the right choice

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, blackmail girl is legit an rear end in a top hat. I thought she was kidding and just trying to help main character out by 'forcing' him to get used to his crossdressing, but now basically saying 'I own you, do what I say or I destroy your life' is taking things way too far.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah, blackmail girl is legit an rear end in a top hat. I thought she was kidding and just trying to help main character out by 'forcing' him to get used to his crossdressing, but now basically saying 'I own you, do what I say or I destroy your life' is taking things way too far.
Hey, don't kink-shame. Some people pay good money for that.

Kidding aside, there are few benefits to waiting for a series to be complete before reading it, but this is one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The comments for this one are fantastic.

a cartoon duck posted:

At this point I have to wonder if the author hates queer people because every single one in the manga other than the protagonist is varying degrees of trash people

So, about typical proportions for people? :v: