Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

Unless one of the tasks is, you know, "having a life".

There's a reason he's currently not allowed to play games like EQ and dota, and they all involve "having a life". it's sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Someday I will once again have less life obligations. It may be when we're all in the same nerd retirement community/climate shelter in Alaska where we are all on tube feeds & bladder caths and finally get to live the dream of playing EQ 24/7 with no interruptions.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sitcom bathysphere posted:

Thread, I’m interested in playing EQ, but unsure if I should go with a TLP on the “live” game or P1999. I played roughly from PoP to GoD, but am most nostalgic for the pre-PoP content

Whaddaya think? Why did you choose P1999?

Every time I've wanted to get back into nostalgic EQ stuff I've started on the live servers, quickly abandoned it because the experience feels hollow, and switched to P1999.

sitcom bathysphere
Jun 7, 2017
Thanks y’all. Think I’ve made up my mind to play on P1999!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Anyone have some sweet gear rotting on red they wanna sell me for a song?

I'm sitting on 20k I need to burn, SK or shaman stuff!

I'm still so pissed how expensive the spells are, would never have rolled one.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Anyone have some sweet gear rotting on red they wanna sell me for a song?

I'm sitting on 20k I need to burn, SK or shaman stuff!

I'm still so pissed how expensive the spells are, would never have rolled one.

My corpse with a fungi rotted years ago, think the GMs could restore it?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

MooselanderII posted:

Yes, it's among the easiest things to do as a guide. Leave a petition and they'll pop it up for you in EC.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MooselanderII posted:

Oh poo poo, I'd do horrible things to/on/for you to get my hands on a fungi.

Or you can have all my plat.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Oh poo poo, I'd do horrible things to/on/for you to get my hands on a fungi.

Or you can have all my plat.

I need to reinstall the software, I will take a look tonight or later in the week.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MooselanderII posted:

I need to reinstall the software, I will take a look tonight or later in the week.

Sounds awesome thanks!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha gently caress, I was afk and just missed you I think?

I'll leave my char logged in for a little bit, Droolhunger.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 14, 2019

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Haha gently caress, I was afk and just missed you I think?

I'll leave my char logged in for a little bit, Droolhunger.

Sorry, just logged in to petition for a corpse restore and wanted to see if you were on. No news yet on the restore.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh ok neat, I think it usually takes not too long but red is probably on the backburner.

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Anyone on blue have a Thick Banded Belt they would sell to me? I have been looking for a few days, and have not seen one, and my ranger could really use some more strength!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Xaitil posted:

Anyone on blue have a Thick Banded Belt they would sell to me? I have been looking for a few days, and have not seen one, and my ranger could really use some more strength!

I checked my chars and I have one or two on guys I don't play anymore. Are you on Discord? If you let me know when you play I can get one to you.

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Meatgrinder posted:

I checked my chars and I have one or two on guys I don't play anymore. Are you on Discord? If you let me know when you play I can get one to you.

Yeah, my name is the same as my forums account on the p99 goons Discord.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
For some reason I'm playing this god forsaken game again. I thought I was gone for good once my guild (BDA) left the server. Alas, there is no escape. After discovering some nice P99 streams to relax to over the last few months, I finally started up a twinked monk in a fit of boredom and depression. Now he's level 36 and I'm having a lot of fun exploring places I never went to before (feign death is absurdly overpowered).

Anyway, I've still got a well geared torpor shaman from my BDA raiding days. If anyone needs help with anything like killing a quest mob or recovering a corpse or whatever, then let me know and I'll be happy to help. I'm usually online in the evenings PST on either Kefkef (the shaman) or Keflop (baby monk).

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
Came back from a few months break and decided to start a rogue so I can just sit around and faceroll mobs. Other than a haste item and a good back stabbing weapon is there any "must have" items? Anyone have a Frozen Shard for sale?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mask of Deception is must have for sure.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
I can't believe I let myself get sucked into this game after 17 years, its only been a few hours but I can already feel it digging its claws into me.

That said, what's a good way for a new character to get a decent weapon? Killing things with just a splintering club is taking forever. I made a bit of plat selling polar bear skins but I'm on the other side of the continent from EC so I'm not sure of an easy way to buy one.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Moldy Sausage posted:

I can't believe I let myself get sucked into this game after 17 years, its only been a few hours but I can already feel it digging its claws into me.

That said, what's a good way for a new character to get a decent weapon? Killing things with just a splintering club is taking forever. I made a bit of plat selling polar bear skins but I'm on the other side of the continent from EC so I'm not sure of an easy way to buy one.

What class and level are you? There are always some drops and quests for gearing up but their usefulness really depends on what you're playing as.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Meatgrinder posted:

What class and level are you? There are always some drops and quests for gearing up but their usefulness really depends on what you're playing as.

lvl 5 shaman, hanging around blackburrow at the moment

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Moldy Sausage posted:

If you're lucky, someone might give you a cold iron morning star from PermaFrost or maybe a bronze mace from Blackburrow? But otherwise you're stuck with splintered club, cracked staff, worn greatstaff, rusty mace or rusty spear.

Don't forget to buy your dot spells at 5 and 8 (9?).

E: it kind of sucks, but if you can head to crushbone, you can get the screaming mace. But none of the armor over there will fit you.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Moldy Sausage posted:

What is your name in game? I'll bring you some presents.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

KingFisher posted:

What is your name in game? I'll bring you some presents.

Lolthar and that'd be great, thanks. I'm logging in now and will probably be on for the next few hours.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a goodass name.

OK so since a fellow goon was super generous to me on red I'm rolling a free ring of the ancients (jboots mq) on blue, AND individual prizes of 3000pp, 2000pp and 1000pp! I'll pay the gold but I'd love it if you grab your own rapier and/or spawn Hasten! If not gently caress you I'll do it.

Draw is in 1 week from now, to participate post in this thread and I'll random in game and notify the lucky winner. 1 prize per participant unless interest is limited.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 27, 2019

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Posting for a chance at those sweet sweet jboots!

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260
Chiming in for a chance at some sweet loot! Charname is Slobad.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Yeah I’m also posting in case I can I get, like, a 50 copper or something. My main is so poor it’s offensive.

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
Posting for a chance at the jboots.

Side note I got my rogue "Spoil Stinkblade" to 21 and am having a blast. Still don't have a mask of deception (there has been another rogue there or no group in that area every time I've went) but I've deposited 2 bodies in lguk so thats always fun. If you know of any other stupid adventures I can go on please tell me. Also if you want to group with a 21 rogue send me a tell.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Posting to say goonerosity is the best and props to people helping out!

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Posting for the contest but I'd rather the plat than the jboots as I don't really need them since I play a Druid mainly.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Moldy Sausage posted:

Lolthar and that'd be great, thanks. I'm logging in now and will probably be on for the next few hours.

I'll be on in like 30 minutes or so, look for Lout or Loutbank.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Posting for the contest as well. I’m a poor as hell newbie necro with almost nothing to my name!

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Posting for too many alts that need jboots. I'll dig in my bank for newbie stuff to give to newbies.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.
In as well for the drawing. Character in game would be Korthek.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

I'll take a shot at some JBoots! Character name is Oglen.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hey all you people posting for the contest, start talking in the discord so it isn’t just 3 enchanters chatting all day every day!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dromal phrenia posted:

just 3 enchanters chatting all day every day!

as it should be, no other class is relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

Hey all you people posting for the contest, start talking in the discord so it isn’t just 3 enchanters chatting all day every day!

And a Druid. And whatever gatmanno is.