Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

God I hate these brand generated outrages. I feel stupid when I fall to crap like that, just like now when I'm listening to Antti Rinne of SDP explaining stuff in his incomprehensible style.

niitä tehdään koska ihmiset lankeavat niihin riippumatta siitä millä paikalla olet politiikan shakkipöydällä ja tulos on aika taattua

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The female representation is kind of one dimensional in this? I mean here's your victim, your regular Finnish school girl.

Jaa milloinhan persut-manga sitten julkaistaan virallisesti, esikatseluhan näyttää sangen lupaavalta, lukeutunee varmasti genren klassikoihin aikanaan

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ruflux posted:

Jaa milloinhan persut-manga sitten julkaistaan virallisesti, esikatseluhan näyttää sangen lupaavalta, lukeutunee varmasti genren klassikoihin aikanaan

Toivottavasti tulevissa numeroissa paneudutaan myös Punakalloahon ja Teukan alias Persumanin ihmeellisiin seikkailuihin.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Smart populist: "Let's allow our members to vote online on budget cuts!"

Hyper smart populist: "Let's allow the ministry of finance technocrats decide the cuts!"

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Nenonen posted:

Smart populist: "Let's allow our members to vote online on budget cuts!"

Hyper smart populist: "Let's allow the ministry of finance technocrats decide the cuts!"

Uuuuuugh "”Ammattiyhdistysliikkeiden valta pitää saada vähenemään. (..) pienten ja keskisuurten yritysten pitäisi saada itse päättää työajoista ja palkoista. Uskon, että se olisi työntekijöillekin parempi.”

Yes. Letting the companies decide worktimes and wages will surely help the workers, because companies loooooove giving benefits and paying workers more than fair wages every chance they get! Hell, the union has to beat the company back with a stick so they don't spoil us rotten.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Correct me if I'm wrong but TES don't set a maximum pay? If corporations are feeling generous they can paikallisesti sopia about higher wages all they like under the current system.

Funny how that never gets mentioned in anti union pieces. :thunk:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Uuuuuugh "”Ammattiyhdistysliikkeiden valta pitää saada vähenemään. (..) pienten ja keskisuurten yritysten pitäisi saada itse päättää työajoista ja palkoista. Uskon, että se olisi työntekijöillekin parempi.”

Yes. Letting the companies decide worktimes and wages will surely help the workers, because companies loooooove giving benefits and paying workers more than fair wages every chance they get! Hell, the union has to beat the company back with a stick so they don't spoil us rotten.

I groaned so hard at that whole libertarian utopia shitpile I didn't even wanna dignify it by posting about it. I can't really even call him a tool because he's well aware of what he's doing. gently caress the poor and all that.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

bloom posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but TES don't set a maximum pay? If corporations are feeling generous they can paikallisesti sopia about higher wages all they like under the current system.

Funny how that never gets mentioned in anti union pieces. :thunk:

Fun fact about Finland: there's legally nothing stopping companies from providing better benefits and wages than mandated by yleissitova TES. Those small and medium sized businesses can already choose to pay their employees more money and have them work less during a work week. Shocking, I know!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Fun fact about Finland: there's legally nothing stopping companies from providing better benefits and wages than mandated by yleissitova TES. Those small and medium sized businesses can already choose to pay their employees more money and have them work less during a work week. Shocking, I know!

Yup, I used to work for a company who did just that. And, of course, when they were absorbed by a bigger one all that was done away with. To the surprise of absolutely no-one most of us left.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I have on a few occassions been incredibly jealous of friends who have lucked into an above TES salary job.

I'm leaving Finland so hard once my studies are done.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Skanker posted:

I have some bad news for you about other countries

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Finland is pretty nice imo

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
actually, it's the worst. sorry.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Watched the NC spotlight yesterday, and - well, looks like more cuts on the way if they manage to continue their 12 year run in government. They seem to balk at the very idea of taxing anything, probably at the behest of their corporate masters. Indeed, they're planning to use the money earmarked for the Social and Health Service reforms to help shorten queues for health services, which I'm not sure is the most efficient way to fix the system, but I think NC doesn't care about the reforms anyway, considering they've been part of the reforms all that time. That's amazing, really. 12 years in government and they still haven't managed to finish the SoTe-reforms. Only thing that would stop NC from ending in the opposition is if SDP fucks it up royally, which judging the YLE spotlight the day before is not a remote possibility.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skanker posted:

I have on a few occassions been incredibly jealous of friends who have lucked into an above TES salary job.

No, ainakaan kyseessä ei ole aivovuoto.

germlin
May 31, 2011
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Indeed, they're planning to use the money earmarked for the Social and Health Service reforms to help shorten queues for health services,

Betting markkas to pennies this would mean subsidised access to private healthcare there´s no vapaus like valinnavapaus.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

I have some bad news for you about other countries

Oh, I have scouted out a place already, don't worry.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Skanker posted:

Oh, I have scouted out a place already, don't worry.

You can't say that without telling us the country

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Pattaya rent boy is not much of a career, unless you count being the next potential First Lady when the Green candidate wins in 2050 or something

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I mean let's be straight, nobody would stay in this country if they had money

boring as poo poo

But lol if you haven't even graduated yet, world's going to loving eat you alive. Boring means safe too.

PineappleGod
Feb 12, 2008
The Pineapple God has returned

Skanker posted:

I mean unless you are a coder, engineer, or economist/banker type, where exactly would you go that would give you more money?
For example a friend of mine, who is one of the above is in Germany and now that he has kids, he hates it, because his wife has to stay home, because daycare costs insane amounts (ca. 1000-1500 e/kid/mo) so working a normal job, the wifes salary will not cover the care of two kids.

I'm just interested in hearing, where is this magical country where not super highly educated top of their class people are being paid amazing amounts of money?

I also know a few people who have emigrated to Spain or to Thailand, but that is more lifestyle type of thing and they are not making amazing amounts of money, but rather subsisting or living on inheritances.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

PineappleGod posted:

I mean unless you are a coder, engineer, or economist/banker type, where exactly would you go that would give you more money?
For example a friend of mine, who is one of the above is in Germany and now that he has kids, he hates it, because his wife has to stay home, because daycare costs insane amounts (ca. 1000-1500 e/kid/mo) so working a normal job, the wifes salary will not cover the care of two kids.

I'm just interested in hearing, where is this magical country where not super highly educated top of their class people are being paid amazing amounts of money?
Clearly you do not understand his tactic of mooching free education from the government, then complaining about taxes and moving elsewhere with no free education. Probably complain about people not bootstrapping enough when he gets there.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
https://www.hs.fi/junkkari/art-2000006050796.html

The mystery Halla-aho's bike continues to unravel

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Forktoss posted:

https://www.hs.fi/junkkari/art-2000006050796.html

The mystery Halla-aho's bike continues to unravel

Minun fillaristani vietiin etupyörä ja tilalle jätettiin erimallinen rengas, Supo saa tutkia että kuka yrittää vaientaa minua

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1488:kko ja Polkupyörän Arvoitus

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

1488:kko ja Polkupyörän Arvoitus

vitun reiluu doxxaa mun pyörän lukon koodi hei t:mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

vitun reiluu doxxaa mun pyörän lukon koodi hei t:mad:

FILLARIKOMMUNISTINATSI

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*runkkaa is pierii* NATSIT OLIVAT VASEMMISTOLAISIA

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

IF YOU HAVE SEEN WHEELS BELONGING TO THIS BIKE CONTACT NEAREST TF PARTY OFFICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLypYgOJdk

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

FILLARIKOMMUNISTINATSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZW6Zum5YA

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Luulis ihmisen tunnistavan oman mankelinsa osat. Pikseleistäkin näkee ettei oo sama rengas kyseessä.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Didn't a NC politician kill someone in cold blood once? I think they should be cordoned to a guarded area, just to be safe.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Didn't a NC politician kill someone in cold blood once? I think they should be cordoned to a guarded area, just to be safe.

NC politicians were guilty of war crimes, to be fair

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006050245.html

The left gets harassed by racists. The right gets harassed by racists who think they aren't racist enough.

Both siiiideeess :negative:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Ottakaa nyt ainakin Kimmo Sasilta ajokortti pois, edes vaalikiertueen ajaksi.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
kok - the Only good tuki is niskatuki

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DarkCrawler posted:

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006050245.html

The left gets harassed by racists. The right gets harassed by racists who think they aren't racist enough.

Both siiiideeess :negative:

"I never thought they would eat my face" - President from Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Their cuts to social services and failure to police the police have substantially eroded people's faith in being able to survive and be happy in the country, and as a result violence has become more common. Who could have seen this coming. I mean, other than literally anyone capable of seeing actions have consequences.

I guess it doesn't matter how much you torture the poor with poo poo that would shock Kafka, them literally ever taking action is not only unacceptable, it's also inconceivable. Jesus gently caress the right wing is stupid.

First they promise the world to the nazis, then they move to backstab and betray them, and then they act surprised their actions led to the extremely predictable consequences of what happens when you encourage and then betray people known to be stupid and violent.

And of course the media lacks the balls to call them out. :negative:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Watched the YLE's election spotlight on TF. Compared to Timo Soini, Halla-aho is a step down charisma wise. He's no "man of the people" with clever quips, he's the sardonic academic in his ivory populist tower. I guess some people like his dry academic wit, but he's quite transparent when it comes to his rhetoric. "We're the least populist party in Finland, now let me tell you why the ELITE IS RUINING EVERYTHING." But that requires being awake, so I guess his sleep inducing way of talking works as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Which one of you was this