Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Still pretty mad about the GBS reboot IRL, gonna be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Applewhite is real, and strong, and my friend

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked Spinster. She had really funny stories and the first couple of guessing game picture threads were awesome. Still not sure why she self banned.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It was because she kept getting chain-probated. Seems like a bit of an overreaction tbh :shrug:

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Mar 27, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lmao case and point

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've definitely made fun of Applewhite because it's real easy but I don't have any problem with him, I'd much rather have someone posting about movies they watched or something than dumb clickbait politics crap or lazy spam threads. But when you draw a bunch of big titty space women for the forums you're going to get made fun of sometimes.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I mean there's many more reasons than just that

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Applewhite seems okay other than the Space Tits thread, but the Space Tits thread was relentlessly awful.

Spinster... I hope she's doing okay, but I'm not convinced she had a healthy relationship with SA. She had a real frantic, attention-hungry edge to her, and the "GUESS WHICH GBS GUY I'M WRITING THIS COMIC ABOUT HAVING PHONE SEX WITH, TEE-HEE" thread was deeply uncomfortable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

Applewhite seems okay other than the Space Tits thread, but the Space Tits thread was relentlessly awful.

Spinster... I hope she's doing okay, but I'm not convinced she had a healthy relationship with SA. She had a real frantic, attention-hungry edge to her, and the "GUESS WHICH GBS GUY I'M WRITING THIS COMIC ABOUT HAVING PHONE SEX WITH, TEE-HEE" thread was deeply uncomfortable.

Yup, that was weird.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

And her response to the chain probations was HOW DARE FYAD DO THIS TO ME, A BRILLIANT CONTENT CREATOR THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And her response to the chain probations was HOW DARE FYAD DO THIS TO ME, A BRILLIANT CONTENT CREATOR THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

She offered ZDR a custom drawing if he deleted her posts in FYAD, which seemed like a pretty vast overvaluing of her artistic talents

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Antivehicular posted:

I really liked Spinster. She was very nice to me and had nothing but kind things to say when I was having self-destructive thoughts, and it's a shame she left the forums. As much as she enjoyed attention, she was always nice when I saw her posts and I hope where ever she is she's happy.

I also looked up Space Tits, and holy gently caress, I cringed so hard I died, and my soul is currently puppeteering my corpse to type this out, I am dead that poo poo was bad.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Did Applewhite really have a deviantart account or something similar where he'd post art of the MLP ponies with massive dicks, or was that all goon hyperbole?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The only artist poster I remember who didn't crawl so far up their own rear end in a top hat they disappeared with a slimy pop was Everdraed, but he would go on to do the art and animation for Undertale (I think that was him, anyway) so it's not like his talents weren't recognized :unsmith:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The only artist poster I remember who didn't crawl so far up their own rear end in a top hat they disappeared with a slimy pop was Everdraed, but he would go on to do the art for Undertale (I think that was him, anyway) so it's not like his talents weren't recognized :unsmith:

Yea that was him, and the Dropsy guy just released his second game too

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

Did Applewhite really have a deviantart account or something similar where he'd post art of the MLP ponies with massive dicks, or was that all goon hyperbole?

Goon hyperbole

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FactsAreUseless posted:

Literally the only good part of GBS 2.0 was finally abandoning this idea that we have to protect "content creators" simply because they create content.
Even before that, bigpeeler and pipebomb et al. were ruthlessly dunked on when they ran out of juice.

[edit] gently caress, BBaB is probably in his thirties by now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Goon hyperbole

There are some legendary examples of that. Another one was Kate Beaton, who had a minor weird/creepy encounter early one with her SA participation but didn't really let it bother her.

Then it started going around that some posters where so creepy and weird they scared her off the forums.

Thereafter ever time she tried to post/comment however goons rushed to defend her and profusely apologize for her horrific past treatment and how they'll never do it again.

She ended up more creeped out by the response then the initial incident.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Goons also scared off the Homestuck creator's girlfriend when that was in full swing.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I think it was Troposphere? Who found some of applewhite's art and posted the aforementioned pony with a giant dick in the old ladythread, which has since been erased from history due to the kiwifarms drama that happened a while back.

A screenshot of his old art profile thing still exists tho :nws: https://i.imgur.com/eeGTyAb.png:nws:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Who What Now posted:

Goon hyperbole

Oh thank goodness I was all worr--

Crocoswine posted:

I think it was Troposphere? Who found some of applewhite's art and posted the aforementioned pony with a giant dick in the old ladythread, which has since been erased from history due to the kiwifarms drama that happened a while back.

A screenshot of his old art profile thing still exists tho :nws: https://i.imgur.com/eeGTyAb.png:nws:

--eeeoooh dear god :stare:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mostly what I remember about GBS 2.0 was the coordinated effort to flood the forum with trans hate within like an hour of the rules change.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to be honest, I don't care how many tits people draw offsite.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Goons are welcome to be the internet's most prolific erotic art producers as long as they don't start a thread for it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goons are welcome to be the internet's most prolific erotic art producers as long as they don't start a thread for it.

This is the guy who made CYOA threads about big-tittied dickgirl aliens though sooo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

This is the guy who made CYOA threads about big-tittied dickgirl aliens though sooo
Yeah but it's over now. Time to heal, as a community.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I love this website.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Nuns with Guns posted:

Big titty dick girl aliens sound awesome

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
When did the GBS 2.0 changeover happen anyway, like year-wise? Glad as I am to see Hellbastard gone it feels like it's been a pretty long time. Hasn't GBS gone through a few other changes since then too?

Also i've kind of noticed the dunking and making GBS threads on content threads usually actually only goes on for the first one or two pages of any given thread and then just kinda tapers off. I get that's a downer but i'm not sure it's ever stayed sustained on any thread that wasn't awful and needed getting rid of. I still miss MSpaint cyoas and adventures a bunch. :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I Said No posted:

When did the GBS 2.0 changeover happen anyway, like year-wise? Glad as I am to see Hellbastard gone it feels like it's been a pretty long time. Hasn't GBS gone through a few other changes since then too?

Also i've kind of noticed the dunking and making GBS threads on content threads usually actually only goes on for the first one or two pages of any given thread and then just kinda tapers off. I get that's a downer but i'm not sure it's ever stayed sustained on any thread that wasn't awful and needed getting rid of. I still miss MSpaint cyoas and adventures a bunch. :(
Halloween 2013

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

I Said No posted:

Halloween 2013 or 2014.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

Big titty dick girl aliens sound awesome

Does it sound awesome coming from a guy who would argue biotruths about keeping trans women out of women's bathrooms

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Alaois posted:

Does it sound awesome coming from a guy who would argue biotruths about keeping trans women out of women's bathrooms

this is prob the bigger issue as opposed to him just being a weird sex guy

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Crocoswine posted:

this is prob the bigger issue as opposed to him just being a weird sex guy

Wait, seriously? I thought Applewhite was at least cool on that issue, if not the issue where he has a tendency to show off his creepy fetish art instead of keeping it hidden elsewhere like someone ought to.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

FactsAreUseless posted:

Halloween 2013

Never forget

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Alaois posted:

welp, there goes my "dude seems okay aside from being Horny On Main in unpleasant ways" assessment, right into the trash can

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wasn't that like four years ago?

Alaois posted:

Wait what?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Who What Now posted:

Wasn't that like four years ago?

Why does that matter? Has he spent the last four years liveblogging about attending dickgirls anonymous and proselytizing the innate sin of putting balloon tits on latias?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just think holding a one-sided years long grudge on a dead, gay comedy forum is weird, is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

I just think holding a one-sided years long grudge on a dead, gay comedy forum is weird, is all.

Inexplicably petty goon death grudges are one of my favourite things about this place