Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://monpoke.jp/

Monpoke is unveiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Fully expected that to be a Rickroll. Kinda wish it had been.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress now I have to have a baby so I can buy it tonnes of cute high quality Monpoke merchandise <:mad:>

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess it makes some sense as fans of Gen 1 are now old enough to have children themselves.

Although it's kind of curious how Ludicolo is now child-friendly enough to hang around with other cute Pokémon.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

I guess it makes some sense as fans of Gen 1 are now old enough to have children themselves.

Although it's kind of curious how Ludicolo is now child-friendly enough to hang around with other cute Pokémon.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zuzie posted:

It makes plenty sense. If you were 10 when Pokemon first came out you'd be 33 now, meaning you're not only old enough to be having kids, you're old enough to be comfortably middle class having kids you can spend loads of your disposable income on. Pitching high quality Pokemon branded baby merchandise when the first wave of consumers is now 33 makes way more sense than pitching it when the first wave of consumers is 23. It's probably the perfect time for it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also Ludicolo is a big happy dancing pineapple duck who loves music and making big happy gestures with his big happy hands and big happy face. I highly doubt they deliberately designed him as a children's mascot character but he ticks all the right boxes (including being a bit creepy to adults).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is actually Shinzo Abe wanting to increase the societal pressure for people to have children, by making Pokemon now expect you to have a baby for this merch.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Well darn, now even pokemon is wondering why I haven't found the right guy and hinting about how disappointing it is that I haven't given it any grand children yet.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Next gen PokéCenters are only gonna offer you period trackers and photoshopped baby calendars.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Aristide posted:

Well darn, now even pokemon is wondering why I haven't found the right guy and hinting about how disappointing it is that I haven't given it any grand children yet.

You don't need the right guy if you've got a healthy Ditto with good IVs and a nature suitable to your build

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

You don't need the right guy if you've got a healthy Ditto with good IVs and a nature suitable to your build

Considering there was a whole subplot about dittos masquerading as humans in USUM you're putting possible theories in my head I really really don't like bruh.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Flopsy posted:

Considering there was a whole subplot about dittos masquerading as humans in USUM you're putting possible theories in my head I really really don't like bruh.

"Well we were looking after your pokemon and, the wierdest thing happened. It was holding a baby. A human baby. We have no idea where it came from, like seriously no idea. Honestly we're kind of scared."

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kurieg posted:

"Well we were looking after your pokemon and, the wierdest thing happened. It was holding a baby. A human baby. We have no idea where it came from, like seriously no idea. Honestly we're kind of scared."

WHAT HAS ARCEUS WROUGHT? :magical:

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 26, 2019

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dizz posted:

Wasn't Pheromosa so good in pokemon that Smogon had to ban her?

Yeah, he’s an Uber. Same goes for Naganadel.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

corny

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

awesome

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

What's it say, I can't read Japanese

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vapor Moon posted:

It says Monpoke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vapor Moon posted:

Pokemon's first official baby brand, because Pokemon's at that age where it's badgering its fans for grandchildren

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

leaks are coming in for the monpoke final forms. stay vigilante and remember: they’re all real

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
smeargle? pikachu? dedenne?! mime jr?! no thanks my kids will choose their own favorite pokemon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

smeargle only being available in a little patch of grass behind some random house in gen 2 was a power move and i respect it

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Flopsy posted:

WHAT HAS ARECUS WROUGHT? :magical:

That baby's name? Mystique.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I kinda wish my kids weren't old enough to have aged out of the monpoke market. :shobon:

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I have a question about Let's Go. I'm playing it with a kid I'm babysitting, and we made it to Fuchsia City. I moved a bunch of Pokémon she liked in my Go game over, and I encouraged her to rebuild her team. What's the best way to go about catching up their XP for the next time she's over? I've never really tried power-leveling in Let's Go. They're mostly about level 25, and I'd like them around 35 or so. We've only made it to Fuchsia and don't have the Surf HM equivalent yet. Also, if I need to restock on Pokeballs, do I have to use up all my Great and Ultra Balls before I can get more from the guy who gives them out for free? Any other way to grind money for balls?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sesq posted:

I have a question about Let's Go. I'm playing it with a kid I'm babysitting, and we made it to Fuchsia City. I moved a bunch of Pokémon she liked in my Go game over, and I encouraged her to rebuild her team. What's the best way to go about catching up their XP for the next time she's over? I've never really tried power-leveling in Let's Go. They're mostly about level 25, and I'd like them around 35 or so. We've only made it to Fuchsia and don't have the Surf HM equivalent yet. Also, if I need to restock on Pokeballs, do I have to use up all my Great and Ultra Balls before I can get more from the guy who gives them out for free? Any other way to grind money for balls?

You get surf right outside the Pokemon Go building in Fuchsia City. Talk to the Lapras dude.

If you've run out of trainers to battle, catching Pokemon gives your team XP and I think nuggets and stuff respawn in the underground paths from from Cerulean to Vermilion City, and Lavender Town to Celadon City. Sell the nuggets and make bank.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Nth Doctor posted:

You get surf right outside the Pokemon Go building in Fuchsia City. Talk to the Lapras dude.

If you've run out of trainers to battle, catching Pokemon gives your team XP and I think nuggets and stuff respawn in the underground paths from from Cerulean to Vermilion City, and Lavender Town to Celadon City. Sell the nuggets and make bank.

Yeah, I just didn't want to progress the story without having her along. I just want her to skip the boring grinding. I've been catching stuff in the grass outside Fuchsia, but I'm not sure if that's the most efficient way of doing it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

When I was trying to catch a pinsir I levelled up nearly every Pokemon I had to 35 by lazily catching pidgeottos and tauros outside fuschia city.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Dizz posted:

Wasn't Pheromosa so good in pokemon that Smogon had to ban her?

Yes, but it's Smogon. Adaptability isn't their strong suit. They banned *Greninja* in Gen 6.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Silegna posted:

Yes, but it's Smogon. Adaptability isn't their strong suit. They banned *Greninja* in Gen 6.

To be fair, Protean Greninja is really loving hard to adapt against.

On the other hand, lol at never banning sneaky pebbles.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sesq posted:

Whatever highest level area you can catch. Pop a lure and excellent catch one kind of Pokemon for the combo bonus.
Catch Pokemon you don't have yet for good exp too.
Or the try hard way: go pretty much anywhere (but I find caves spawn more, no science about it), pop a lure and catch Chanseys. They give loads of exp. I think you can combine the third option with the first since combos increase rare Pokemon spawning. Though if you're crazy you can combo Chansey.

Also protip: Pokemon catching is infinitely easier in handheld mode, in case you didn't know.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million more.

I HATE Stealth Rock and what it did to the competitive game. There is an upsetting number of pokemon out there whose usability tanks through the ground purely as a result of that one move.

Gamefreak either needs to take away Stealth Rocks' benefitting from type advantages, or they need to add a bunch more entry hazards that benefit from them. Hell, add a restriction of only being able to have one type-damaging entry hazard deployed at a time to prevent people stacking a bunch of them if you need to. But Stealth Rocks needs to have something done to balance it out. Having Stealth Rocks as the only entry hazard that benefits from type advantage for damage is simply unfair to stuff weak to rock.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BlazetheInferno posted:

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million more.

I HATE Stealth Rock and what it did to the competitive game. There is an upsetting number of pokemon out there whose usability tanks through the ground purely as a result of that one move.

Gamefreak either needs to take away Stealth Rocks' benefitting from type advantages, or they need to add a bunch more entry hazards that benefit from them. Hell, add a restriction of only being able to have one type-damaging entry hazard deployed at a time to prevent people stacking a bunch of them if you need to. But Stealth Rocks needs to have something done to balance it out. Having Stealth Rocks as the only entry hazard that benefits from type advantage for damage is simply unfair to stuff weak to rock.

lol

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I like the idea of more typed entry hazards, as well as more options to remove them as Rapid Spin is mandatory despite being easily blocked by Ghost types.

That being said, Game Freak's solution to the Stealth Rock problem was to introduce ridiculous Pokémon that can only be dealt with with Stealth Rocks like Volcarona, the Mega Charizards and Talonflame.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The real problem with Protean Greninja is when you try to engage it like it's Protean Greninja and then it reveals it was Ash-Greninja all along.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
defog

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Silegna posted:

They banned *Greninja* in Gen 6.

good. all bad pokemon should be banned forever

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah yes, defog, the move that the vast majority of its possible users only got as a TM in gen 4 for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Ah yes, defog, the move that the vast majority of its possible users only got as a TM in gen 4 for years.

It's a move tutor move in USUM